Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread (2030 Views)

Boko Haram: Nigerian Islamist Leader Defends Attacks in Youtube statement / Nigerian Islamist Kill 7 In Police Station, Bank Raid / Nigerian Islamist Sect Posters Threaten Uprising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2009
presido1:

Don't let your yoruba brothers read this otherwise they will chew you raw. tongue tongue tongue. They love one Nigeria to the core.

presido1:

Any reason why they are fighting the security agents?

I saw them heading towards Kwara. Yorubas be warned.

Eziachi:

If the answer to both questions are yes, well it'd better you kill your brother than someone else, because after killing your brother, you just had to live with your brothers children, family all your life and watch your back all your life. The next time, you might have to think before thinking of killing another brother of yours.

But when you kill someone who is from far away it's totally different. That is the big different between a north against north attack and north against south attack, people don't normally will live with consequences of their action because it someone else.

Just like today, many Nigerians especially  the Yoruba folks seem ignorant of the atrocities their fathers, uncles etc committed inside Biafra, from shelling a market place full of just women and children to uncountable gang rape of women in front of their parents, children or husbands, just because for the three years that the genocide lasted, they never heard in their life what an explosion of bomb sounds like or seeing plane flying above reach blowing your entire family into pieces in one go.

So that makes me think that a Fulani will think twice before he attacks another Fulani, also Ijaw will not wake up tomorrow and attack Igbo, Efik or Ibibio and vice visa because you had to live with them well after the attack and be on alert at all your life.

seriously, why is it that everytime people want to say something, its always Yoruba this Yoruba that. Cant you make a point without always involving Yoruba?

as per preferring to kill your brother vs killing a stranger- makes sense to you but not to me.

Eziachi, here are some quotes from  General Otto Von Bismarck, one of the organizers of the 1891 Berlin Conference which was the birth of Africa as we know it today:

"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war. "

"There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America."

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election"

"Whoever speaks of Europe is wrong: it is a geographical expression"

let the dead rest in peace, unless you want it otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by princekevo(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2009
davidylan:

what is even funnier is that such a grave occurence was not deemed serious enough to merit the frontpage of this forum. The MEND attacks however hit the front page.

Lol, Have you ever wondered why a Vital speech from a man Like Wole SoyinKa could not make the front page of Nairaland?
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by FBS: 7:10am On Jul 28, 2009
Perhaps its time for a national conference? let the people decide if they want to be a country or go their seperate ways?
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by na2day2(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2009
FBS:

Perhaps its time for a national conference? let the people decide if they want to be a country or go their seperate ways?

even if the country is broken up, these militants both in the north and south wont go away
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Eziachi: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2009
na2day?:

even if the country is broken up, these militants both in the north and south wont go away

We have heard this your excuse for years. It like a sick man saying that the reason he won't take a new mediaction was because the fake one he had before did not work so will a new one.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Eziachi: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
tpia.:

seriously, why is it that everytime people want to say something, its always Yoruba this Yoruba that. Cant you make a point without always involving Yoruba?

as per preferring to kill your brother vs killing a stranger- makes sense to you but not to me.

Eziachi, here are some quotes from  General Otto Von Bismarck, one of the organizers of the 1891 Berlin Conference which was the birth of Africa as we know it today:

"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war. "

"There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America."

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election"

"Whoever speaks of Europe is wrong: it is a geographical expression"

let the dead rest in peace, unless you want it otherwise.

Seriously, what has your Bismark quote got to do with what I said?
In fact you should be the one that should be listening hard to your quote, because you and some others seems to believe that our quest for self determination had to be achieve only through war and we are saying it doesn't have to be.
So you should listen to yourself because you calls for war everytime Biafran independent is mentioned.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by saintfrank(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
Hello to every one in d house, especially my Beloved C.F.C fan's in here,  I have to come up with this topic in d forum to let every one know that there is none like Africa women especially the Nigerians.Base on what i ve see and experience over here in India, without being told i was convinced that Nigeria girls are d pride of Africa. is almost two years i have being in India now i have see Lot's of things which am not going to give any one who is ninja the clue 4 now until i began to see response from each and every one,  den i will all pour out d reason why i felt ninja girls is d best.

I we all give u guy's feed back soon after i received some reply in here. But as for me i would love to marry a decent ninja girl till death do us path
Cheers
S. Frank
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by asha80(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2009
saintfrank:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hello to every one in d house, especially my Beloved C.F.C fan's in here, I have to come up with this topic in d forum to let every one know that there is none like Africa women especially the Nigerians.Base on what i ve see and experience over here in India, without being told i was convinced that Nigeria girls are d pride of Africa. is almost two years i have being in India now i have see Lot's of things which am not going to give any one who is ninja the clue 4 now until i began to see response from each and every one, den i will all pour out d reason why i felt ninja girls is d best.

I we all give u guy's feed back soon after i received some reply in here. But as for me i would love to marry a decent ninja girl till death do us path
[/b]Cheers
S. Frank[b]

Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by DanWaziri(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2009
I shake my head in amazement. Where are the voices of the Sultan of Sokoto, Emirs of Kano, Katsina and Borno  in all this unrest? Are they not the de-factos chieftains of the Arewa? Maybe I am just naive, but I bet the next durbar these bastards throw would be financed solely by the National Treasury of "one Nigeria" while their thugs mallams try to rend the already thin fabrics that binds all of us together.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by na2day2(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2009
Eziachi:

We have heard this your excuse for years. It like a sick man saying that the reason he won't take a new mediaction was because the fake one he had before did not work so will a new one.

go check ur history rather arguing blindly, militants hardly go away, they most likely will want to dictate how the new society should be. i am from rivers state and i look for the betterment of my people but not through senseless killings and kidnapping
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by NVME1: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
WHAT A COUNTRY

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/27/boko-haram-nigeria-attacks

Just reported now on CNN to be 400 feared DEAD and still counting
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by na2day2(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
what! ! ! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2009
DanWaziri:

I shake my head in amazement. Where are the voices of the Sultan of Sokoto, Emirs of Kano, Katsina and Borno in all this unrest? Are they not the de-factos chieftains of the Arewa? Maybe I am just naive, but I bet the next durbar these bastards throw would be financed solely by the National Treasury of "one Nigeria" while their thugs mallams try to rend the already thin fabrics that binds all of us together.

Where are the voices of the people? Why are we not hammering our reps to put an end to this nonsense once and for all?
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by sosisi(f): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
did they just shoot these people down in cold blood.
How did the authoities know who the militants were ?
there could be innocent people amongst them
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2009
$osisi:

Ofcourse!!
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by asha80(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
$osisi:

The problem is that they went to attack a police station and it is quite unfortunate they were mowed down like that.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Ibime(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2009
asha 80:

The problem is that they went to attack a police station and it is quite unfortunate they were mowed down like that.

Only idiots attack a police station with bare hands. . . . for these kind of ethno-religious ideologues, the sacrifice is more important than winning the war. . .
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Eziachi: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Where are the voices of the people? Why are we not hammering our reps to put an end to this nonsense once and for all?

I find it hard to believe that they thugs in Abuja believe that they are your rep. Afterall you did not put them there, so they owe you absolute nothing.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
Eziachi:

I find it hard to believe that they thugs in Abuja believe that they are your rep. Afterall you did not put them there, so they owe you absolute nothing.

Even though they may be thugs, and it is possible you did not vote for them but others may have, I still do not see the sense in calling for people not to speak out in this time and age given that we are supposedly a democratic nation, and 10 years in. We rarely speak up and out in that country. Why do we expect things to MAGICALLY happen for us?

These guys are declaring what they want and are even going a step further to kill to get their voices heard. Why aren't the rest of us standing up to say NO or anything?
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by blackspade(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2009
Do these f.ucking illiterates ever shut the f.uck up about anything? So they want their children to be just as illiterate as them? They do all of this so called "liberation", in the name of "Allah"? LOL, I bet none of them can even read the Koran. Please, someone let them have their own country away from us, let them have their backwards way of life. Just make sure there is an electric fence separating us from the failed Muslim state.
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by princekevo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
Rights worker says civilians being killed:
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria – Nigeria's League for Human Rights says overzealous security forces are killing innocent civilians as the military tries to crush an Islamist militant sect.

League director Shamaki Gad Peter tells The Associated Press that rights workers saw the bodies of up to 20 people after troops began an offensive on the sect's headquarters in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

He says they were unarmed and some were shot from behind and assumed to be trying to escape the mayhem. The rights worker says many other innocent people have been arrested.

The government has blamed the Boko Haram sect for days of violence in Muslim-dominated northern Nigeria and was hunting down sect members on Thursday.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by nuraabi: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
@generalzango [no voilence in Islam]

my genral whic KORAN DO YOU STUDY?
Re: Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread by nuraabi: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2009
IS THIS PEACE

KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

, martyrs, Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers,

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity / Beaf That Map You Got Of Ethnics Map From Bbc Of Nigeria Is Wrong. (real) / As A Senator In 1992, I Was Earning N6,500 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.