Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity (2035 Views)

Governor Aliyu Is An Incurable Liar - Buhari Campaign‎ / Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi / Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by wiseson1: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2010
Despite all attempts by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's spokesmen to burnish his CV and make him appear to be a high-achiever, the truth is that he lacks any record of achievements prior to becoming the President of Nigeria, on which to base his aspiration to be elected president. I have nothing against him as a person, but I have issues with someone with no track record of significant achievement and vaguely defined moral character aspiring to be elected into the highest office in the land. I have challenged again and again his supporters on Nairaland to list his achievements prior to becoming president without result. I have also challenged them to enlighten me as to his guiding principles (moral) with concrete examples of how he has defended these principles.The achievements, which have been dressed up by his media handlers are frankly unimpressive and unremarkable. The CV he submitted to the Bayelsa State Assembly can be viewed at:

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/6036-drjcv.pdf

Excerpts:

POSITION HELD:

IN MATER DEI HIGH SCHOOL, IMIRINGI:
CLASS CAPTAIN      CLASS 3 – 4
SECRETARY COLLEGE FOOD COMMITTEE   CLASS 3
HOUSE PERFECT MASTERSON HOUSE   CLASS 4 – 5
CHAIRMAN, COMMITTEE OF PREFECTA  CLASS 4 – 5

IN RIVERS STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, RUMUOLUMENI, PORT HARCOURT
SECRETARY BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT ACADEMIC STAFF MEETINGS
DEPARTMENT TIME TABLE OFFICER
MEMBER SENIOR STAFF APPOINTMENT AND PROMOTION COMMITTEE 

HONOURS AND AWARDS:
BEST PERFORMING STATE DEPUTY GOVERNOR
AWARD 25TH MAY, 2002 BY THE INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRA
HONORARY FELLOWSHIP NIGERIA ENVIRONMENT SOCIETY (NES)
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 18, 2010
my CV sef tight pass this one grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2010
Na wa o grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Jarus(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2010
ROTFLMAO @ monitor and janitor and class captain grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by naso2(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2010
Una dey crase? where una see dis CV. fear no catch una abi?
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by naso2(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2010
ok . Very soon i go produce IBB waec result, make people see police number grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by googles: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2010
wise son:

IN MATER DEI HIGH SCHOOL, IMIRINGI:
CLASS CAPTAIN      CLASS 3 – 4
SECRETARY COLLEGE FOOD COMMITTEE   CLASS 3

guy must have written names of noise makers tire grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Kx: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Only in naija
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by invisible2(m): 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
"Incurable mediocrity"
Some people need to go back to primary school to learn that there is no such phrase as that. Remove first the log in your eyes before seeking to remove the speck in another's eye.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
googles:

guy must have written names of noise makers tire grin
LWKMD. . .and names of those speaking vernacular
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by googles: 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

LWKMD. . .and names of those speaking vernacular

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

that guy is vernacular[i] hisself, [/i]
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by blacksta(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
Jonathan is another wasted generation - I have said it before and God is my witness - nothing good can come out GEJ _ Actually Yar adua was and is better than Goodluck  _ Atleast the former had a track record when he was the governor of Kastina  - Jonathan has never achieved anything as an assistant or main governor,  Same thing is replicating itself in the presidential office another wasted 4 years - with another 4 to go down the drain.  It is insanity to expect good to come out of evil.  

When will Nigerians realise this and start fighting for their right to good goverance and not imbeciles or is it that we are so conditioned to suffering. At this stage of our suffering other countries would have gone under.

Nigeria will never see change until those who hold us ransom are physically terminated.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by james1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2010
@poster.very well,let me disabuse your mind.doing great things in life does not neccessarily require one have some blazing track record[s]who was fashola before he became governor?who would have given a chief of staff a chance at the highest office in the state?no one but the asiwaju.how about washington?who gave him a chance?Goodluck's case is clearly the hand of God.how many foreigners have been kidnapped since he settled by the militants?none.the militants,are they still agitating?no.
Has crude oil exploration"the moving force of the Nigerian economy as we speak"increased?oh yes!!
How about power"the real machine for industrialisation"has it been touched;in my area,transformers have been distributed and installed;there is now more power by far better than before!!!on talking to one of the PHCN men,he said:we are replacing old transformers and placing new one's where they are needed.
Goodluck will not disappoint Nigerians;all the pointers are in the right direction.I implore all Nigerians to support our president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.I appreciate your post.have you read about Atta Turk,father of modern day Turkey?he didn't have any known achievement before he came to power,yet,he went down as the greatest man in the history of Turkey!!!
Men who do great things are known to talk less most times.
Long live Nigerians, long live the president,long live the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2010

Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2010

Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2010

Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2010
i take back all i have said - it is not everyday we have a president who was 'best performing deputy governor '  cheesy

the man has been groomed for leadership from day 1

i hope its not the same way he became governor and vp  that he took those positions of leadership  cheesy

oga time table officer cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by googles: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2010
james1:

@poster.very well,let me disabuse your mind.doing great things in life does not neccessarily require one have some blazing track record[s]who was fashola before he became governor?who would have given a chief of staff a chance at the highest office in the state?no one but the asiwaju.how about washington?who gave him a chance?Goodluck's case is clearly the hand of God.how many foreigners have been kidnapped since he settled by the militants?none.the militants,are they still agitating?no.
Has crude oil exploration"the moving force of the Nigerian economy as we speak"increased?oh yes!!
How about power"the real machine for industrialisation"has it been touched;in my area,transformers have been distributed and installed;there is now more power by far better than before!!!on talking to one of the PHCN men,he said:we are replacing old transformers and placing new one's where they are needed.
Goodluck will not disappoint Nigerians;all the pointers are in the right direction.I implore all Nigerians to support our president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.I appreciate your post.have you read about Atta Turk,father of modern day Turkey?he didn't have any known achievement before he came to power,yet,he went down as the greatest man in the history of Turkey!!!
Long live Nigerians, long live the president,long live the federal republic of Nigeria.

story. . . . we are talking abt his antecedents here jor

he was a class rep and food rep. . . ryt now dats the only thing that makes sense
 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by CareTaker1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
james1:

"A Daniel has come to judgement" Although this time its James.

"Great men are ordinary men, with extra-ordinary amount of determination" If our president is from oblivion as is being speculated, from whence he came into prominence where he is presently found, why can't we see that he has come to prominence from oblivion? and that makes him the most qualified candidate.

God Bless Nigeria!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GodBlessNigeria
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by obailala(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
The issue about the 2011 election that bothers me isn't GJ. We have just about 4 months to the 2011 elections, who are the presidential candidates? whom amongst the aspirants so far has a good CV?

IBB?
ATIKU?
GUSAU?
SHEKARAU?
OKOTIE?
GEJ?

If these are the only aspirants so far, then Nigeria is in deep sh.it
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by oderemo(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
If these are the only aspirants so far, then Nigeria is in deep sh.it
NA TODAY
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by doyin13(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
No man is an island. . .It is the quality of the people around him that I am worried about.

The times we are in do not demand an inspiring orator nor does it demand a larger than
life figure. We have had our share of those and they have gotten us nowhere.

We need the states to get stronger and a willing accomplice at the centre to aid
the process.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Beaf: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2010
doyin13:

No man is an island. . .It is the quality of the people around him that I am worried about.

The times we are in do not demand an inspiring orator nor does it demand a larger than
life figure. We have had our share of those and they have gotten us nowhere.

We need the states to get stronger and a willing accomplice at the centre to aid
the process.

You hit the nail on the head. It couldn't be put better. Some of the other posters so far (including the OP), have made childish and foolish "cv" comments. I wonder which of the aspirants has a better cv than Jonathan? Is it ex-soldiers or ex-governors? Who?

We need someone who will be ready to give Nigeria true federalism. Corruption is not Nigeria's problem, rather it is a by product of the country's weird federal structure that was built for the singular purpose of criminal embezzlement; that structure needs to go, after which the country will blossom.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by marcdunu: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
I thought there was a thing called relevant experience.

Of what use is a man running for Deputy Governorship telling the rest of the world that he was a class captian in Primary School.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by james1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2010
Support GEJ for president,thank you.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Beaf: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2010
marcdunu:

I thought there was a thing called relevant experience.

Of what use is a man running for Deputy Governorship telling the rest of the world that he was a class captian in Primary School.

And who has more relevant experience and how? Provide the details, that is the only way you can prove that this thread and its "cv" comments are not childish and foolish.

It is a challenge and I'm waiting, let us do an intelligent comparison, instead of the foolishness thats been going on.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by marcdunu: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
Beaf:

And who has more relevant experience and how? Provide the details, that is the only way you can prove that this thread and its "cv" comments are not childish and foolish.

It is a challenge and I'm waiting, let us do an intelligent comparison, instead of the foolishness thats been going on.

Read my post again and see if your challenge to comparing who has more  experience contributes anything to my argument.

Stop allowing your c.o.c.k to get erected when u here about GEJ.

Chill, listen, analyse and then respond.

I am only questioning why Jonathan thinks his inclusion of being class captain in primary school proves anything about his political skills or ability to lead a State.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by becomrich3: 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
I see what you are trying to show. He failed his high or secondary school examination. And had to go back and retake it. I passed on the first time i did it with A's.

It even took him 2 years to pass to get to university, I got in fast.  It took him 7 years to get a PHD. What?

I dont think his academic record has any relevant to him been a good leader or not. Yes , he may have failed secondary school or high school . Yes he failed the entrance into the university on several occation. yes it took Jonathan goodluck 7 years to get a Phd. That has nothing to do with leadership.

Look when I was in the university of ilorin, you can go and check my medical record. I was sick all through the university. I have a body composition that made me sick when i was young.I was sick through all examination, my university medical record would show that. when I mean every examination. I mean that. my classmate would tell you. So you may not know what made Jonathan failed those examination. It may be family problem too or lack of money.

Even fashola said he too failed secondary school or high school too. But as governor, he is doing project. This is why they say fashola is better than Jonathan. Nobody cares for academic record, the only measurement is project. Azikiwe academic record is as high as the twin tower. But had nothing to show for his leadership. Leaders must have project to show for thier term in office. This is what people are talking about . Buying a private get is not a project.

Building road and facilities that is there for the next generation is what they call project.

Academic record has nothing to do with leadership, if it did with the numbers of PHD holders nigeria has so far tried in government, Nigeria would look like heaven. Even PHD holders have made the place worst than what it should have been. It is on record in Nigeria. They have all failed to perform. which other minister or president can claim he had PHD and has a record to show. NONE. PHD holders have failed Nigeria in leaders.

Nobody cares if you have a PHD. People are not going to look at your academic record but only the project you have done. And what you can do for them.
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by googles: 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
marcdunu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Beaf: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
marcdunu:

Read my post again and see if your challenge to comparing who has more experience contributes anything to more argument.

Chill, listen, analyse and then respond.

I am only questioning why Jonathan thinks his inclusion of being class captain in primary school proves anything about his political skills or ability to lead a State.

Did he ever tell you that? Have you ever seen Jonathans CV? Or you are just practising your customary foolishness after reading his biography?
Develop a brain dude, even if its a tiny one.

. . .Foolish people sha! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by marcdunu: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
Beaf:

Did he ever tell you that? Have you ever seen Jonathans CV? Or you are just practising your customary foolishness after reading his biography?
Develop a brain dude, even if its a tiny one.

. . .Foolish people sha! cry cry cry cry cry

Do us a favour!!!!!!!!!!!

Look some posts above yours posted by OYB.

Does that look like a Biography or a Curriculum Vitae to you

Dude u have lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Jonathan Is An Incurable Mediocrity by Beaf: 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
marcdunu:

Do us a favour!!!!!!!!!!!

Look some posts above yours posted by OYB.

Does that look like a Biography or a Curriculum Vitae to you

Dude u have lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

God! Did you have brea st milk as a child? Thats the best thing for mental development. grin
You mean you couldn't have typed that yourself, made it into a picture and posted it on the web?

Ol' boy, you de disgrace your primary school teachers here o!
Is it possible for a grown man to be this daft? Pleeeeaaaaaaaaase, tell us you're pretending!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rationalisation: Fg Approves N130bn For Phcn Workers’ Benefits ! / Why We Sealed Fayose’s Houses –efcc ! / One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.