Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

He Neglects Our Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Neglects Our Child (660 Views)

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! / First Time Parents, Let's Discuss Our Child Milestone Development / My Wife's Lover Named Our Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Neglects Our Child by Keepinhope: 5:11am On Mar 30, 2016
I met this guy and fell in love with him
After a year of dating I fell pregnant for him.

Fast forward 5 years later after initially making some efforts and changing his mind about marriage. He just stopped calling and asking about our child
I come from a wealthy family and I work myself so I am doing ok without his financial help.
But I don't want my child to suffer because the dad is neglecting him
We have had so many conversations about this subject. We made a promise to each other that no matter what we will make the child's well being a priority.
I have begged that if he ever has negative feeling for me he should not report in on our child.
I have asked him to regurlary call or skype or facetime our child who often asks for him because I am in america and he is in Nigeria ,to no avail.
I dont't know what to do anymore.
I ask for very little from him and even that little he can't do it.
Re: He Neglects Our Child by christinie(f): 5:38am On Mar 30, 2016
It's quite a pity dear.

Your baby is too young to understand that you can't compel his daddy to take up his responsibilities for him.

If you have your brothers or dad there with you you can get them to play the father-figure roles to him so that he can think less of his father.

I wish you the best dear.

2 Likes

Re: He Neglects Our Child by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 30, 2016
Very sad indeed. I must say the guy is an adult kid, an imbecilic nonentity. Be strong and do what you are doing. And please try and move on. Get another man that would accept the kid too.
Re: He Neglects Our Child by drizzymadbet(m): 6:02am On Mar 30, 2016
these are implications of not following laid down principles on starting a family.

the process advocates for marrying first and then manufacturing kids later, so all through the period of dating, for a good one year you never identified the kind of dude you were rolling with, abi the signs were there and you refused to acknowledge it.

Well you just have to move on and keep your heads high, don't force the man, do your responsibilities in the nearest future when you kid is all grown and responsible he would come running to claim his child.

that's an ugly truth and I dish it out where it hurts

2 Likes

Re: He Neglects Our Child by Godfullsam(m): 6:20am On Mar 30, 2016
Sorry you into a wrong hand. You fell cheap for one of the numerous jobless 'chop and clean mouth' guys in Nigeria.

Sorry he will not care for the baby, you need to find out if he even cares for himself in the first place. He ignored you and you child because he has probably gotten another victim.
Re: He Neglects Our Child by Keepinhope: 6:52am On Mar 30, 2016
I feel bad for my child I try my best and I really thought communication would help but it doesn't seems too
Re: He Neglects Our Child by Pidggin(f): 6:55am On Mar 30, 2016
Keepinhope:
I feel bad for my child I try my best and I really thought communication would help but it doesn't seems too

Look for a male role model for your son You cannot force an adult to do what he doesn't desire to do.
Re: He Neglects Our Child by bennyrazz: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2016
@op, he might love his child but maybe distance is another thing. I think there is no man on earth that does not love his offspring except if the man as sold off his conscience to the devil or he was born irresponsible (The don't take responsibilities for their actions) That's one angle.

Another angle is that, he might be carried away or deeply involved with another woman spreading the joy of his manhood to them. Maybe you are not the first person he has impregnated or turned to his baby mama. There might be other women which you yourself might know of. Take a look at his background, his he from a polygamous home? What is your own family background too? some things happens due to foundations, fate which causes transfers of all sort of things from one generation to the other.

Lastly about your child, he is still a toddler and its obvious you can't remain single forever. Now you need to look for a man when I say look for, don't go around falling in love with a man because of what he says or have. Those days love was blind, you made the mistake once, don't make the Same mistake again, Wise up. Make your new man understand you have a baggage (your son) and for the relationship to move forward, the way he treats you should be replicated to your son.
Re: He Neglects Our Child by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2016
You have tried and now it is time to make peace with the situation as it is because you can't force him.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Wedding Shot In Port Harcourt / Please Contact Ikedc / Top 8 Tips For Every Newly Engaged Bride-to-be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.