Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Our Daily Bread Wednesday March 30 2016 <*> Surprised By Grace <*> - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Bread Wednesday March 30 2016 <*> Surprised By Grace <*> (374 Views)

Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. / Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread Wednesday March 30 2016 <*> Surprised By Grace <*> by HIbreed(m): 5:39am On Mar 30, 2016
[size=30pt]Surprised by Grace[/size]

By Anne Cetas

Acts 9:1-19
The Acts 9:1 But Saul, yet breathing threatening and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
The Acts 9:2 and asked of him letters to Damascus unto the synagogues, that if he found any that were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
The Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, it came to pass that he drew nigh unto Damascus: and suddenly there shone round about him a light out of heaven:
The Acts 9:4 and he fell upon the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
The Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said , I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:
The Acts 9:6 but rise, and enter into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
The Acts 9:7 And the men that journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing the voice, but beholding no man.
The Acts 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw nothing; and they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
The Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and did neither eat nor drink.
The Acts 9:10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and the Lord said unto him in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here , Lord.
The Acts 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go to the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one named Saul, a man of Tarsus: for behold, he prayeth;
The Acts 9:12 and he hath seen a man named Ananias coming in, and laying his hands on him, that he might receive his sight.
The Acts 9:13 But Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard from many of this man, how much evil he did to thy saints at Jerusalem:
The Acts 9:14 and here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call upon thy name.
The Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings, and the children of Israel:
The Acts 9:16 for I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name’s sake.
The Acts 9:17 And Ananias departed, and entered into the house; and laying his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, who appeared unto thee in the way which thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mayest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
The Acts 9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized;
The Acts 9:19 and he took food and was strengthened. And he was certain days with the disciples that were at Damascus.

***** I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace.
Ephesians 3:7

[size=30pt]A[/size] [size=15pt]woman from Grand Rapids, Michigan, fell asleep on the couch after her husband had gone to bed. An intruder sneaked in through the sliding door, which the couple had forgotten to lock, and crept through the house. He entered the bedroom where the husband was sleeping and picked up the television set. The sleeping man woke up, saw a figure standing there, and whispered, "Honey, come to bed." The burglar panicked, put down the TV, grabbed a stack of money from the dresser, and ran out.

The thief was in for a big surprise! The money turned out to be a stack of Christian pamphlets with a likeness of a $20 bill on one side and an explanation of the love and forgiveness God offers to people on the other side. Instead of the cash he expected, the intruder got the story of God’s love for him.

I wonder what Saul expected when he realized it was Jesus appearing to him on the road to Damascus, since he had been persecuting and even killing Jesus’ followers? (Acts 9:1-9). Saul, later called Paul, must have been surprised by God’s grace toward him, which he called “a gift”: “I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power” (Eph. 3:7).[/size]

[size=13pt]Have you been surprised by God’s gift of grace in your life as He shows you His love and forgiveness?[/size]

[size=15pt]Lord, Your grace is amazing to me. I’m grateful that in spite of my sinfulness, You offer Your love to me.
Never measure God’s unlimited power by your limited expectations.[/size]
Re: Our Daily Bread Wednesday March 30 2016 <*> Surprised By Grace <*> by Baawaa(m): 6:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Our God is great

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sin Of A Woman / Ok / God Will Do It Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.