Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) (17396 Views)

Kester Ehiwe Kidnapped And Killed In Edo. Photo / Man Arrested By NDLEA While Sleeping Near Indian Hemp Farm In Edo. Photo / Lady Hires Assassins To Kill Ex-Boyfriend In Edo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by winkmart: 6:23am On Mar 30, 2016
A Lagos-based interior designer, Stephen Akams, is currently on admission at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital with a damaged eye.
The 41-year-old man said a medical result he would get on Thursday (tomorrow) would determine whether he would see clearly again with his left eye or not.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Akams was battered last Thursday, March 24, along the Benin bypass, Edo State, by some policemen numbering about seven while he was returning from an assignment in Enugu State.

It was learnt that four of the policemen were in a vehicle ahead of a commercial car conveying the artisan.
The police van was allegedly in the middle of the road, moving at a slow speed when the driver of the car signalled to overtake it by blowing the horn. It was, however, said that the policemen refused to give way for the driver.
Akams, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, said he also signalled at the policemen when the blockade persisted, but they took offence and flagged down the car.
He said, “Our driver was driving at a speed limit of about 70 kilometres per hour, but the police vehicle was going slower in the middle of the road.

“In an effort to go past the vehicle, our driver sounded the horn, but the driver, who eventually turns to be a policeman, started abusing us.
“When we managed to go past them, I signalled at the driver of the vehicle to caution him. That was when they started chasing us and overtook us. One of the guys at the back seat pulled a gun and threatened to shoot if we didn’t stop.
“We were not sure who they were, so we decided to reverse and that was when we discovered that another white vehicle was following us. They trapped us between them. They came down with their guns – about six or seven of them – and dragged me out of the vehicle. They accused me of insulting police officers and beat me up.”

He said the policemen turned down his entreaties, bundled him inside the boot of their car, and whisked him away into a bush.
“They asked me to bring N100,000 for them to release me. I told them I didn’t have the money. After they had driven for about two miles with me in the boot, they parked and brought me out and started beating me again. When one of them saw the hand band my friend’s daughter made for me and another one I bought in Ghana in 2012, they said I was a cultist.
“I refutted the claim and the beating continued. They brought handcuffs and threatened to take me to the Department of Criminal Investigation. One of them brought a fan belt and repeatedly hit me in the head.”

The Delta State indigene explained that the policemen fled the area after the belt hit him in the eye and he became unconscious. He added that it was the driver of the car he boarded that trailed him to the scene and took him to the hospital.
“It was the fan belt that hit my left eye and caused serious damage. I am still on admission at UBTH with blurred vision and in serious pain. I cannot see much with the eye and I am not sure when I am leaving the hospital because of the injury. The doctor said I would know my fate on Thursday (tomorrow),” he said
Akams told PUNCH Metro that policemen at the Ugbowo division near UBTH directed him to the state police command when he reported the incident.

The Edo State Police Command spokesperson, Abiodun Osifo, said he was not aware of the case and promised to get back to our correspondent.
He said, “I am not aware of the incident, but it cannot be true. The policemen cannot whisk him away to the bush. I will make enquiries and get back to you.”
Osifo had, however, yet to do so as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/policemen-accused-of-reckless-driving-damage-passengers-eye/

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by winkmart: 6:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Tunami(m): 6:28am On Mar 30, 2016
animalistic policemen, thats why they always die like fowl.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Paschal001: 6:33am On Mar 30, 2016
Nigerian police have always been an enemy to the public masses..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2016
This barbaric, animalistic, useless, untrained, uncouth, Hmmmmm..

These are the reason why I will always lay abuses on this contraption called Nigeria..a country the citizen fear their security agents more than Criminals..

The other time officer Johnson from hell shot and Killed two innocent brothers, the only hope of a suffering mother after he soaked his brain with alcohol..so many evil stories on how these deadly tribe called the NIGERIA security forces has destroyed innocent life's more than the criminals itself.

I put it to any Zombie that may want to argue with me that since independence, Nigeria Security tribe has killed 10times more Nigerians than all the Criminal organization put together.

SHAME..

NIGERIA IS A ZOO - PRINCE NNAMDI KANU

15 Likes

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by DaBullIT(m): 6:42am On Mar 30, 2016
POLICE has never been your friend

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by pacino26(m): 6:47am On Mar 30, 2016
I like the police force, but I definitely hate the Nigerian average police officer who is filled with hate, desperation and uncommitted to the general security of the nation and its citizenry.
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Mar 30, 2016
Sometimes I wish I were in d police force... ithe system needs to be sanitized
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 30, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

These are the reason why I will always lay abuses on this contraption called Nigeria..a country the citizen fear their security agents more than Criminals..

The other time officer Johnson from hell shot and Killed two innocent brothers, the only hope of a suffering mother after he soaked his brain with alcohol..so many evil stories on how these deadly tribe called the NIGERIA security forces has destroyed innocent life's more than the criminals itself.

I put it to any Zombie that may want to argue with me that since independence, Nigeria Security tribe has killed 10times more Nigerians than all the Criminal organization put together.

SHAME..

Look at you life you made a very nice comment but ended it with shit

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by vipez(f): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2016
sometimes, I just don't wanna pity police men. they are animals

sorry mahn!
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by makingsense(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Ah don't even know what to say..

God help the policeman conscience...
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Demiwander: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
Kolo officers
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by looseweight: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
Woow
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by olafunny(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
Policeeeeeee
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by MadCow1: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2016
haba..
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by waterhouse071(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2016
Maybe our society would be a better place without the Nigeria police
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by henrydadon(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2016
policemen that is meant to be protecting us shocked shocked..haba..naija which way forward
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by seunlayi(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2016
buhari policemen doing what they know best

1 Like

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by seunlayi(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2016
I PITY NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by pretydiva(f): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Naija police force is full of illiterates
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by RedCapChief(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2016
Whenever you have any disagreement with a member of the NPF, just start with "Sorry Sir" or "Forgive me Sir"

Eyeball no get duplicate.
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2016
The law should take its course.
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 30, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

SHAME..

The last time I check,prince are suppose to be in palace but yours is in Kuje prison. why
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2016
what they know how to do best.
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by ApalowoHabila(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2016
Barbaric Act
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by OsuGanja(m): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
*Nigerian police be like"fcvkwithmeyouknowigotit...Moral:Dont Bleep with them.....Except say u get confirm back up
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
When you give uniforms and guns to Agberos what do we expect? Nigeria. SMH
Re: Policemen Damage Passenger's Eye In Edo (photo) by gerrardomendes(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
OK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Beaten For "Possessing Spiritual Powers" In Benue State / Togolese Baby Factory Operator Arrested In Lagos, 3 Kids Recovered (Photo) / Photos Of Political Thugs Arrested By Bauchi Police & Weapons Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.