Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State (649 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigeria - A Failing State? / Nigeria Is A Failing State:british All Party Parliamentary Group Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State by seyenko(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2009
Over this past weekend, i have a reflection on the report emanating from the US that Nigeria will become a failed state in 20 years. Looking back at the events of the past months, weeks, days i am beginning to believe the British experiment called Nigeria is already failing or failed. For instance i haven't had electricity for so many weeks, because the problem is general - there is no water running from the taps becuase the water works doesn't have a functioning generator or cannot afford diesel. The domestic waste in fron of my house is mounting, the post office staff saty they are on strike so i cannot clear my registered mail. PHCN staff say they are on strike, ASUU, NUPENG, NMA etc are all on strike.
Yar adua said he want to build a boulevard in Abuja for N120B but Apapa - Oshodi express way is in a mess, the road to the international airport is in a mess. Yar adua wants to build a petroleum institute in northern Nigeria for N18B but oil is drilled in the Niger Delta.
The past 3 consecutuive police IGs have been thieves - Balogun, Ehindero and Okiro. The list goes on and on. Please is the entity Nigeria existing or dead? Please i need an answer.
Re: Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2009
Whichever one you decide to call it, i wont argue with you on that.
However, its up to you and other cowardly nigerians to march out and protest the failed state of the nation on the 1st of October.

Stand up or DIE!
Re: Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State by beknown(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
I think from all analysis, Nigeria qualifies to be called a failed state.

As a failed state, it does not mean it cannot become a better country but the time and resources required for it to attain betterment is huge but quantifiable.

Above all, the attitude of Nigerians and their leaders must change for any betterment to be recorded.
Re: Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State by seyenko(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2009
Nuzo ! you must understand that i am not a coward.

Instead i have been steering up Nigerians to understand that our salvation lies in our hands. I have been steering up Nigerians to know that countries that attained greatest in their past history had to launch a revolution against the ruling class in order for those countries to attained greatest - the bolshevik revolution in russia, the hugarian revolution, the signing of the magna carta, the american civil war, the Jerry Rawling led revolution in Ghana, the Moses ans Aaron led revolution that brought Israelites out of Egypt etc. even on face book i have been forming political reform groups to ensure power changes hands in 2011 election. I have told them about Fela's philosophical song about Nigerians always having reasons to fear ' then no won die, mama dey for house, i know won go'.

I have always told them that night vigils and prayers will not liberate us instead we need to take action. So i am not a coward or else i could have stayed back in Europe and enjoy the rest of my life and ignore family and friend suffering in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria - A Failed State Or Failing State by MrCrackles(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2009
beknown:

Above all, the attitude of Nigerians and their leaders must change for any betterment to be recorded.

Very crucial. . .

(1) (Reply)

God Save My Country Nigeria From All These Criminals / Efcc Arrests Ex-customs Boss / Nigerian Police Barrack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.