Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. (2403 Views)

Does Applying With A Master In The Nigeria Army Give One A Better Rank / Has Anyone Been Contacted By The Nigeria Police Force Force For Interview???? / Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Exams Past Question & Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2016
Let me inspire you today. A friend in the NPF shared this piece with me to inspire/motivate somebody.

About 12-year ago, I enlisted into the Nigeria Police force as a very young teenager. In fact, I was one of the youngest person during my training.
It was really frustrating for me to join the Police because I was a very bright young boy in my secondary school days and it was said then that the Police job is meant for school dropouts and not for intelligent heads like me .
My dad never forced me to join the Police neither did my mum. They didn't persuade me neither were they even aware when I went to purchase the Police form. I did it out of my own volition because some of my friends in the barrack then were all enlisting into the Police force. They were proud and I was envious.
My dad wants me to study medicine in the university so I can become a medical doctor and not to join the Police as a recruit constable because he knows what it takes to climb the ranks in the Police force. Of course, who wouldn't want to go to school? I really would have love to make my dad happier by studying to become a medical doctor but the sight of my friends all wearing recruits training kits each time am in the basketball court playing basketball at Police College Ikeja makes me more envious of my friends. I guess my environment influenced my decision to enlist into the Police force.
As a young secondary school graduate then, I worked at a pure water factory for some weeks just to raise some money to buy the Police form because I know if I told my dad to give me money to buy the Police form, he won't give me the money because he doesn't support me joining the Police neither does my mum.
Within six weeks working as a labourer at a pure water factory, I was able to raise enough money for myself to secure the form and get a medical report that am healthy to join the Police.
I quit working with the pure water company and began to prepare myself to enlist into the Nigeria Police force.
There were too many discouragements from my dad, his friends, my mum and some of my friends about the Police organisation. Discouragement about the untold corruption in the Police, discouragement about how the Police can corrupt a young person mind not to take education seriously. So many discouragements. But I refused to listen to those words. I stood on my ground that I'll join the Police with or without my parents supports.
Finally, I bought the Police form, got my medical test, wrote the exam, passed, and went for screening. I was selected and recruited into the Police on January 3rd, 2004. Believe me, I was only 18 years and three months old then. I was so young....very young.
My parents later got wind of the information that am now a recruit constable. Note, my house is just few minutes walk to Police college Ikeja. So I was able to conceal my being a recruit constable for only three weeks.
My parents were mad at me but they had no choice than to let me continue with the training.
Fast forward.....
I graduated at Police college Ikeja as the best in drill and one of the best in academy. I would have doubled my award as the best in academy if not for the death of my mum few days to my final exams. My mum death affected me psychologically, emotionally and academically and I dropped to 17th position out of over 1000 recruit constables.
Today, I have no regrets joining the Police as a recruit constable. Am a graduate, a Father, a Husband, a Landlord, a Car owner, a business man and have been able to travel to different countries around the world being a Police officer and am only 30 years of age. Many of my friends who criticised my joining the Police then are still struggling and finding their feets in life. Some are dead and some are in jail due to various crimes. Some are unhinged for taking narcotics. Some are frustrated to the extent that a old friend took his own life out of frustration. Some are still job seekers, school dropouts but ONLY very few of my old friends are doing pretty well with a genuine job.
As a Police officer, have been able to leave a positive mark wherever I go even though some of my colleagues see me as a strange person for disbelieving in their belief. Am not saying I don't have my own flaws in performing my duty, but I try to be fair in whatever I do as a Police officer.
I work my ass off every single day without observing any holiday apart from casual or annual leave as a Police officer and am proud of it because am doing something great to myself, my family and my country. I try so hard not to be exposed to corruption within the regular Police that's one of the reason I enlisted into the Police bomb squad.
I'll never stop chasing my dreams as a Police officer. Even though am a graduate of Economics, my dream is to become a lawyer one day and I want to go back to school again to pursue that dream.
There have been ups and downs being a Policeman, but HARD WORK AND DEDICATION ARE THE ONLY OPTION I HAVE. I won't steal, i won't take what's not mine, I won't be involved in shady deals, I won't be involved in corruption, I won't disappoint the Police and I won't let my name down. These were my promises. Despite keeping to my words to a greater percentage, am still able to meet up with my colleagues in life who maybe involved in shady deals. That means you don't need to be corrupt to earn a decent and better living as a Policeman.
Now, the Police is about to recruit 10,000 personnel to strengthen the Police Force and its absolutely free. You don't need to work in a pure water factory to raise money like me to purchase the form. All you need to join the Police now is interest, your basic SSCE results or higher degree certificate and medical report. You can take this great opportunity and change the face of the Police and be a hero. Stop criticizing the Police, join the Police and make it better. We need more dedicated and educated men and women in the Police force. Believe me, there are lots of opportunities in the Police than many other jobs.
I have a lot of people to thank. People that has helped me and believe in me....I won't mention names here...
One of the things that I carry great pride on in my life is that "Am a Police officer with a difference"
JOIN THE POLICE TO CHANGE THE POLICE.
Pls share if you're inspired and inspire others to join the Nigeria Police force.

Edward Ezekiel Onoriode

3 Likes

Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by powerfulsettingz: 7:39am On Mar 30, 2016
At the end are you now the Mike okiro?
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by homosapien(m): 7:40am On Mar 30, 2016
Thanks bro for the words of encouragement. So many people are willing to enlist into the NPF but this you must know someone to get a federal appointment is actually the bane of apathy most people display.
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Slickbishop(m): 7:46am On Mar 30, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
At the end are you now the Mike okiro?
at least, he is better than you by what he possess and achievements, pls do not discourage others from enlisting,there S no job out there

3 Likes

Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by powerfulsettingz: 7:49am On Mar 30, 2016
Slickbishop:

at least, he is better than you by what he possess and achievements, pls do not discourage others from enlisting,there S no job out there
Is the form been sold by you? What do you stand to gain from this piece?
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by suyamasta(m): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2016
Nice one!

3 Likes

Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Slickbishop(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Is the form been sold by you? What do you stand to gain from this piece?
I will not discouraged any graduate from trying This, at least it is free, it is better to try than not to try at all,forget about the stigma but think of what u may stand to gain and acquire when enlisted into the NPF

2 Likes

Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by ykolajide: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2016
I hv passion to join NPF wit my HND but D major problem is dat at d end of the recruitment excercise one can be eliminated wit another name who no oga @ D top,...
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2016
Slickbishop:

thanks for the support dude.

1 Like

Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2016
homosapien:
Thanks bro for the words of encouragement. So many people are willing to enlist into the NPF but this you must know someone to get a federal appointment is actually the bane of apathy most people display.
you're welcome sir. I believe the NPF can become a better institution with our support. Mr Edward is a living testimony. He had no connection whatsoever.
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2016
ykolajide:
I hv passion to join NPF wit my HND but D major problem is dat at d end of the recruitment excercise one can be eliminated wit another name who no oga @ D top,...
that can be true but still one gotta be optimistic. Just have faith bro..
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by JonSnow(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Join the police force?

no thanks. i'd rather become a truck pusher. there's more dignity in that. undecided
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2016
JonSnow:
Join the police force?

no thanks. i'd rather become a truck pusher. there's more dignity in that. undecided
haha funny. Izokay.
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 30, 2016
for those who might be interested, the Nigeria Police Force portal will be open on 1/4/2016.
www.psc.gov.ng
www.npf.gov.ng
THE FORM IS FREE. DON'T GIVE MONEY TO ANYBODY. Best of luck!
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by ineedajobfast: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2016
hmmm
Re: Join The Nigeria Police Force Today. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2016
Truth be told, the reason why more than three-quarter of graduates and otherwise would put in for this recruitment is because of the menace called "unemployment". Very few are going in because of passion. Ur case is indeed a very motivating one because inspite of all odds, you were able to come out victorious. Keyword to take home is "passion". Why are you going to join d nigeria police force? Is it because of d 140k, egunje, job security, or the passion to add value to yourself and your country at large.

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank 2016 Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre Invitation / Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited Entry Level Programme 2019 / The New Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.