Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11717958 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10277) (10278) (10279) (10280) (10281) (10282) (10283) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2021
zuchyblink:
u didn't see experience in the he positioned himself and and curled the ball?

What about the experience in the one he missed against Argentina in the world cup?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Clementoke:

Bros, thank you
But you didn't mention Ighalo. Why?

Well, I don't think he has done anything this season to deserve a call.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen
Ighalo
Iheanacho

I am dropping onauchu for just 1 reason
why Iheanacho, you forgot Emenike

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
why Iheanacho, you forgot Emenike

Emenike cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:39am On Mar 06, 2021
Clementoke:

Lol.
So why are you picking Ighalo and why are are leaving out the others?
At least, let's assume you are the coach and you have journalists and 200 million Nigerians to answer to

Maybe if the French coach can answer why giroud played all French games at the World Cup with no goals and assist I will answer you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:39am On Mar 06, 2021
forgiveness:

Well, I don't think he has done anything this season to deserve a call.
thank you bro. the people calling for his invite are the same people that will heap premium insults on him when he begins to display how average he is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2021
Clementoke:

How many of them were called out of retirement?

Dem Dey call them be say dem Dey call them

Meanwhile Ricardo Carvalho was called out of retirement to play at the euro 2016

I gave you list of players about 30

If you want list of players called out of retirement you for talk nah

Don’t joke with my intelligence tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2021
let's stop being sentimental and biased about ighalo. Musa has been without a club for nearly two years and still captains the team, ighalo isn't the problem at all. btw whatever the coach thinks is right, let him do it.

small scratch everybody go dey call giroud name, the dude is dedicated and can kill himself for anything. no be favour, no be grace. he's built like that, moreover there are strikers all over ligue 1 and even gignac has been on form for years too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Another senseless talk from one of the double standard Crew here

I agree that Ighalo should not be forced out of retirement but if he said he wanna continue playing for the eagles then Who are you to be against it and talk down of him ?

My friend go sit down for bush jare
e be like say you be hunter, you dey enter bush well well na why you like make to dey tell people make dem go sit down inside bush grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Maybe if the French coach can answer why giroud played all French games at the World Cup with no goals and assist I will answer you grin

I give up Lol.
What has French got to do with this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2021
Neobulletzz:

e be like say you be hunter, you dey enter bush well well na why you like make to dey tell people make dem go sit down inside bush grin

cheesy grin

I be buffalo hunter bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Dem Dey call them be say dem Dey call them

Meanwhile Ricardo Carvalho was called out of retirement to play at the euro 2016

I gave you list of players about 30

If you want list of players called out of retirement you for talk nah

Don’t joke with my intelligence tongue

As u just come jump enter d talk nko?
My opinion is if Ighalo hasn't gone into retirement, fine; but he definitely doesn't merit a call out of retirement. He is a good striker no doubt but his present quality doesn't merit going through the process of having to "come out of retirement" to play for us.
It's not as if there's a crisis in the availability of strikers at our disposal.
As mercurial as Okocha was, and as great as our need for a number 10 then, he never came out to "help". Who then is Ighalo of all people. C'mon!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2021
Clementoke:

As u just come jump enter d talk nko?
My opinion is if Ighalo hasn't gone into retirement, fine; but he definitely doesn't merit a call out of retirement. He is a good striker no doubt but his [b]present[/b]quality doesn't merit going through the process of having to "come out of retirement" to play for us.
It's not as if there's a crisis in the availability of strikers at our disposal.
As mercurial as Okocha was, and as great as our need for a number 10 then, he never came out to "help". Who then is Ighalo of all people. C'mon!

Is Okocha God of football ? Or is Okocha and ighalo the same person or you want Okocha and ighalo to be sharing same decision ba

Same Okocha that didn’t win ordinary Africa best

Don’t allow me to troll jay jay grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2021
in the here and now I would go with Osimhen, Onuachu and Iheanacho. My criterias being not just club form but form in the national team for the past few games.

Speaking specifically about Ighalo he has done well in the national team but over the past year his form hasn't been the best plus the fact that we have a lot of young strikers coming through might indicate we may not need his return. That said we can't take it away from Odion he's an experienced player. If the coach genuinely believes his return will improve the tactical make up of the team then I wouldn't dismiss it. his return however will have to be based on form and fitness. Like someone said about the mikel situation even though in terms of ability he's still needed in the team the fact of the matter is that his form and fitness are not what they used to be.

As much as it's good to still make use of our experienced legs we shouldn't make the same mistake we made with Jayjay and Kanu. holding on too long to players who should have retired one or two years earlier.

Clementoke:

All those na past tense jare. In the here and now,were Ighalo to come out of retirement now, which 3 of this should be invited and which should be left out.

Ighalo
Osimhen
Moffi
Onuachu
Iheanacho
Umar Sadiq

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
forgiveness:
Who are the top strikers doing well in Europe top divisions, based on goals contributed?

1. Paul Onuachu. He is the number 1 with 27 goals (25 goals and 2 assists) contributed. No dispute.

2. Terem Moffi. The number 2 with 12 goals (10 goals and 2 assists) contributed so far.

3. Simmy Nwankwo. 3rd on the list with 10 goals (8 goals and 2 assists) contributed this season.

4. Kelechi Iheanacho. The 4th on the list with 10 goals (6 goals and 4 assists) contributed so far.

Forgiveness where are you going?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
Andrew forget his excesses Okocha is one player if he was fit and active today I would beg to come back to the SE. How many players do we have of his ability to produce magic out of nothing or help win us a game with a moment of brilliance in this current squad?

Players like Jayjay don't come around every year.

andrewbaba44:

Is Okocha God of football ? Or is Okocha and ighalo the same person or you want Okocha and ighalo to be sharing same decision ba

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoyIsSweet: 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Don't even go there! The name Okocha is meant to be mentioned when talking about legend in the game.

This is not to take anything off Ighalo, he is a good player but retired and our striking position is not in a state of emergency to consider calling up retired players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You can if want to, bro.
However, there is no crisis in the SE striking department that will warant us running to an out of form player in the middle east to come out of a voluntary retirement for help.

Even God rested after creation. Ighalo has done well and voluntarily retired but in the here and now, we have better young strikers playing at a higher level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
JoyIsSweet:

Don't even go there! The name Okocha is meant to be mentioned when talking about legend in the game.

This is not to take anything off Ighalo, he is a good player but retired and our striking position is not in a state of emergency to consider calling up retired players.

Abi?
Players should only come out of retirement during emergencies and crisis like during a must win qualifier.
What extraordinary help do we need against Lesotho and Benin republic for God's sake?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
chrisooblog:
Andrew forget his excesses Okocha is one player if he was fit and active today I would beg to come back to the SE. How many players do we have of his ability to produce magic out of nothing or help win us a game with a moment of brilliance in this current squad?

I don find trouble with Okocha cheesy cheesy

Oya make una Dey come for my head one by one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
chrisooblog:

Calm down and allow me troll in peace grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
JoyIsSweet:

Calm down and allow me enjoy my small troll nah cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2021
Isaac success is back for watford as he makes the bench while ekong starts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
12large1:

A player that was just the top scorer at the last ANCQ, ANC is definitely good enough to play for Nigeria in 2021. Although, Nigeria is bigger than any individual and should never beg anyone to come out of retirement, but if ighalo willingly decides to reverse his decision, I am in Support. Enough is enough our players should stop ending their international career prematurely

Youve been screaming ANCQ and ANC as if he was the highest goal scorer in WC and EPL ighalo invitation to the SE shows the fact Rohr has no project for the SE i mean he should be breeding and nurturing team for the AFCON and WC not bringing one old cargo because he is scoring for a middle east team rubbish balderdash.....we tend to promote mediocrity and hope you don't foget the fact osihmen is AFCONQ highest goal scorer...as a matter of fact the likes of sadiq,moffi,onuachu,Tolu,maja have more to offer SE than ighalo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Youve been screaming ANCQ and ANC as if he was the highest goal scorer in WC and EPL ighalo invitation to the SE shows the fact Rohr has no project for the SE i mean he should be breeding and nurturing team for the AFCON and WC not bringing one old cargo because he is scoring for a middle east team rubbish balderdash.....we tend to promote mediocrity and hope you don't foget the fact osihmen is AFCONQ highest goal scorer...as a matter of fact the likes of sadiq,moffi,onuachu,Tolu,maja have more to offer SE than ighalo
exactly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2021
chrisooblog:

dribbles and skills without through passes are useless moments of brilliance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
spectacular goals against Cameroon 2x, Tunisian and Angola useless moments of Brilliance? ok o

JohnBullMySon:
dribbles and skills without through passes are useless moments of brilliance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
grin grin

andrewbaba44:

Calm down and allow me troll in peace grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
chrisooblog:
spectacular goals against Cameroon 2x, Tunisian and Angola useless moments of Brilliance? ok o

all those things don't work in modern football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2021
goals don't work in modern football? bros grin

JohnBullMySon:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

spectacular goals or dribbles??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
forgiveness:
5. Taiwo Awoniyi - The most underrated of all. But he was ahead of number 2 to 4 with 9 goals (5 goals and 4 assists) contributed already before dropping to the 5th position due to injury just 2 weeks ago.

I believe the coach should choose from these set of players if fit for the upcoming games.

Osimhem, Maja and co should keep working hard.

Sadiq should work very hard to play in a first division before he should be considered for the national team ahead of the aforementioned players.
Lol, thank God most of you aren't sport analyst

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10277) (10278) (10279) (10280) (10281) (10282) (10283) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f), DrYa, Philosopher1979, charlesemeka85(m), bennie1980(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.