Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688766 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10368) (10369) (10370) (10371) (10372) (10373) (10374) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
He is our only playmaker!
JohnBullMySon:
Is iwobi our most important player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
You can stream the match on Hesgoal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
owbabs:

Midfield is too thin, especially given Aribo likes to move up

Nigeria will chop goals for sure.

With the attack we should be able to score as well

Nigeria will chop goals with Ndidi, you be learner?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish...iwobi is overhyped and overrated (I don't care what anybody thinks)....dude literally SPOILS SMOOTH PASSAGE OF PLAY...if he were in today's match, he would easily be a soft target for d Benin players to disposses at will, cos he's d weakest link in our midfield, whether u like it or not...I've watched our match with Sierra Leone severally and he easily gave d ball away to d more desperate Sierra Leone midfielders... he's too lackadaisical in his play... dude thinks he has arrived and believes he's d best thing to av happened to our game in ages, thanks to our coach who keeps starting him, and he would av also started him today if not for covid... nonsense!...

Go back and watch our matches at d last nations cup...iwobi lost so many balls in d midfield and our opponents capitalised on that on several occasions, sometimes even making us conced goals.

Its high time we told ourselves d truth, iwobi is overrated and fast becoming d weakest link in d team as a whole.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Subzero047:
Tbh Onyekuru was a better fit in the wings than Iwobi

Our formation looks overly attacking minded. We are starting with four attackers (victor, samu, nacho and oyekuru). And we are also starting with two attack minded fullback. The midfield looks thin. Heck! aribo is also attacking minded.... ndidi will have to be disciplined, sit back and shield the defence well. I expect us to score goals with this set up, but arent we being overly reckless with this set up? Well we just have to sit down and enjoy this experiment. We have already qualified for the afcon, what better time to try out this tantalising experiment? On paper we should tear benin to shreads!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
fabyom:
He is our only playmaker!

Iheanacho will make plays don't worry about that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
owbabs:

Midfield is too thin, especially given Aribo likes to move up

Nigeria will chop goals for sure.

With the attack we should be able to score as well
If rohr still start etebo na una go talk say no creativity in the midfield

So what exactly do you guys want?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
Good riddance to bad rubbish...iwobi is overhyped and overrated (I don't care what anybody thinks)....dude literally SPOILS SMOOTH PASSAGE OF PLAY...if he were in today's match, he would easily be a soft target for d Benin players to disposses at will, cos he's d weakest link in our midfield, whether u like it or not...I've watched our match with Sierra Leone severally and he easily gave d ball away to d more desperate Sierra Leone midfielders... he's too lackadaisical in his play... dude thinks he has arrived and believes he's d best thing to av happened to our game in ages, thanks to our coach who keeps starting him, and he would av also started him today if not for covid... nonsense!...

Go back and watch our matches at d last nations cup...iwobi lost so many balls in d midfield and our opponents capitalised on that on several occasions, sometimes even costing us conceding goals.

Its high time we tell ourselves d truth, iwobi is overrated and fast becoming d weakest link in d team as a whole.

We are about to play a match why bash the man?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Aribo better play better thing today o

Would have preferred etebo sha

I as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Our Starting XI for Super Eagles of Nigeria Vs Squirrels if Benin Republic.

The midfield is so understaffed with the absence of Iwobi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Go back and watch our matches at d last nations cup...iwobi lost so many balls in d midfield and our opponents capitalised on that on several occasions, sometimes even costing us conceding goals.

Its high time we tell ourselves d truth, iwobi is overrated and fast becoming d weakest link in d team as a whole.

Codine talking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
Rohr should try Iyayi Beleive Atiewmen of Dinamo Zagreb, Kingsley Sokari in Tunisia or Destiny Ashadi in our local league as
an option in attacking midfield.
The problem with Rohr is that he does not try options when it comes to attacking midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
Subzero047:

Nigeria will chop goals with Ndidi, you be learner?

Help us tell him wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
Any links to watch the game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria wants to play attacking football on a sandy patchy uneven pitch. Una better prepare for battle of long balls & dead balls. Dem go run tire grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by king94(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Omoh Ndidi go suffer today for that midfield,
Na wetin baba like be dat. Baba na work machine for Leicester. Him own role na to block anybody wey wan rish defence and spray accurate passes to the attackers. If Chukwueze and Aribo get sense, dem suppose help out sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
fabyom:
How are we sure this Iwobi Covid thing is not a set-up by the Benin republic officials?

I wouldn't doubt this, we saw this in the CAF club competitions as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Go back and watch our matches at d last nations cup...iwobi lost so many balls in d midfield and our opponents capitalised on that on several occasions, sometimes even making us conced goals.

Its high time we told ourselves d truth, iwobi is overrated and fast becoming d weakest link in d team as a whole.

trash to slap you dey hungry me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
king94:
Today's Lineup. Iwobi's not even on the bench which means baba don catch covid laidat.

This might be a blessing in disguise. I have always wanted Iwobi to sit down and let us try something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Our formation looks overly attacking minded. We are starting with four attackers (victor, samu, nacho and oyekuru). And we are also starting with two attack minded fullback. The midfield looks thin. Heck! aribo is also attacking minded.... ndidi will have to be disciplined, sit back and shield the defence well. I expect us to score goals with this set up, but arent we being overly reckless with this set up? Well we just have to sit down and enjoy this experiment. We have already qualified for the afcon, what better time to try out this tantalising experiment? On paper we should tear benin to shreads!!

I expect the full backs to remain defensively minded especially in the first half, they can go and join the attack depending on how the game goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
i have a strange feeling we will draw this match......we are gonna really miss iwobi creative strength...... inayo to come in second half
#teamnaijastrong
#upsupereagles
see y'all after the match
oga goodjoe nah your formation we follow let's see how it goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by king94(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iwobi during their morning walk 2dai.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Subzero047:

I expect the full backs to remain defensively minded especially in the first half, they can go and join the attack depending on how the game goes

all out attact bro....everyone attacks!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Subzero047:

all out attack bro....everyone attacks!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Joebie:
Mavo!!!

longest time no see!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by king94(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Team Fwesh Bois

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
smartsmith0907:

all out attack bro....everyone attacks!!!!

You dey attack kids, these guys are professionals grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
12large1:
This Rohr guy must have some Goodluck touch in qualifying us for Tournaments. It hasn't been this easy since the 90's dude qualified us again with 2 games to spare

Guy rest

On top 24 team competition??

Grouped with Lesotho and Sierra Leone??

It would have been abominable If we didn't qualify from this group particularly with our current crops of players

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by king94(m): 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Rohr giving tips to our defenders during their walk.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Dude isn't overhyped for Nigeria tho. 9 in 44 he will score more than okocha and kanu for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
smartsmith0907:
i have a strange feeling we will draw this match......we are gonna really miss iwobi creative strength...... inayo to come in second half
#teamnaijastrong
#upsupereagles
see y'all after the match
oga goodjoe nah your formation we follow let's see how it goes
draw ke

una better nor come back to Nigeria if that happens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
Samueltemi337:
If rohr still start etebo na una go talk say no creativity in the midfield

So what exactly do you guys want?

It is the reality. Rohr is conservative and it can only take us so far.

We need to be more dynamic if we want to achieve higher than what we have done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10368) (10369) (10370) (10371) (10372) (10373) (10374) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, elyte89 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.