Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,919 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12469320 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) (10517) (10518) (10519) ... (16702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
chrisooblog:
I know, I know we can only pray for things to improve. Here's a beautiful strike to get you in the mood for the weekend's fixtures.

https://twitter.com/SundayDareSD/status/1383074792736231434?s=20

Absolute beauty. This is like my 10th time watching and it doesn't get old grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
Kano Pillars no sabi perform unveilings grin

Nobody does really
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
From what I see Vandrezzer fc are leaving the NNL because the league is an enemy of its own progress. The NFF must step in and make things work because losing this club will hurt Nigerian football in more ways than one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfgCVSbBMpY

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Iwobi taken off before the 60th minute in his 3rd start in a row and his replacement grabs an assist a minute after

Hmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kane is in hot form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
Harry Kane gets his yearly ankle injury grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
grin grin

Abeg Chriskels where Danny dey for that your team lineup? grin

Make he no add me for the team abeg.. I'm match rusty grin

I went without playing football for like 3 years (something I used to do regularly before I entered uni) until during a 10 days village visitation at school during my internship years.. Omo,I almost collapsed after running for less than 2 minutes grin grin
Last time I played ball was during the lockdown...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
Harry Kane is twelve goals from overtaking Thierry Henry shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
ChrisKels:

Everybody just dey claim wizardry, even Nerdy say him be Edgar Davids OK ooo grin grin
hahahahaha grin grin. TheSuperNerd say he retired early chaii cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Flashback Friday:

#16 West on April 16, Friday.

Taribo West at Inter Milan 97/98 season. Undisputably World Class CB in the First Golden Generation of Naija Football.

pastor wet wan finish Javier Zeneti and co with dinner prayer, lolzzzz
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
My good man... I tell you the truth. I had to. grin My path was clearly cut out along the academic routes even though I excelled at both Academics and Sports (especially football). Man had to "retire" as a young teen. Lol. But Class is permanent. grin

kellycute:
hahahahaha grin grin. TheSuperNerd say he retired early chaii cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Point of correction, I was called David Beckham coz I had the best crossing and shooting accuracy among my peers and also they felt it fit because if my first name. Lol.
The Edgar Davids tag came about because of my glasses worn during games later on.

But man left the scenes early to focus on his ultimate calling. grin

At least, I wasn't Oshaniwa'ed like you. grin

ChrisKels:

Everybody just dey claim wizardry, even Nerdy say him be Edgar Davids OK ooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Danielnino00:

Make he no add me for the team abeg.. I'm match rusty grin

I went without playing football for like 3 years (something I used to do regularly before I entered uni) until during a 10 days village visitation at school during my internship years.. Omo,I almost collapsed after running for less than 2 minutes grin grin
Last time I played ball was during the lockdown...

Lol grin grin It's alright... We fit give you the Ahmed Musa treatment. You will train with us but will not be part of the official match day squads grin

Just a way of helping "our own" grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
This Tottenham players are bunch of annoying and useless players
They play like players working to sack the coach
Watching their matches is vexing
What is wrong with Mou?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Hey Hi Dave. Been a while I saw you in here too. Trust all is good.

Good to see you again.

yeah. Very long.

Thanks,

I'm sure you already know which Mendy is winning the UCL? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Jamilu Collins helped SC Paderborn 07 secure a point after playing goalless with Suleiman Abdullahi's Eintracht Braunshweig.

Collins finished as the Highest rated player for Paderborn according to Sofascore.
He made 6 Interceptions, 1 tackle and 1 Clearance. He also won 5/8 of his total duels.

That's 8 clean sheets earned for Paderborn in 19 league games. Still has no goal or assist.

na why people no too rate am, his attacking game is too poor for a full back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:05am On Apr 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
From what I see Vandrezzer fc are leaving the NNL because the league is an enemy of its own progress. The NFF must step in and make things work because losing this club will hurt Nigerian football in more ways than one.

Saw the article. Its said that even if Vandrezzer is wronng(which i believe they aren't), the speed at which decisions were turned without any notice and information shows how poor that NNL is. I even wonder if the NFF are aware that such a league is running and should be run to the best capacity.

Im sure one or two senators and reps have called powers that be that caused these reversals. The drastic changes scent of such crew ONLY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:13am On Apr 17, 2021
This is a bit old but the Blockbuster nature of these comments hit me. I keep hoping it is fake because Pinnick has no reason talking like this.

Pinnick accuses Oliseh of being ungrateful

By Gowon Akpodonor | 23 March 2021 |

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Pinnick, has described former Super Eagles captain and coach, Sunday Oliseh, as ungrateful following his declaration that Pinnick’s emergence as a member of the FIFA Council won’t make any difference for the nation.

Oliseh said in an Online programme on Friday that Pinnick’s emergence as a FIFA Council member is a good achievement for the NFF president and not Nigeria.

He added: “As an individual, I think it is great for President Amaju Pinnick that he has gotten that vote into the council. I think it is very good for him. But as a nation – Nigeria, it does not make any difference. I am a member of the FIFA Technical Committee for eight years.”

He continued: “We as a technical committee propose changes from the technical side of how football should be developed. But at the end of the day, everything proposed has to be sanctioned by the executive group. We only propose. This council has so many people in it. They vote and talk about an issue, but at the end of the day, the executive committee decides. It is good for Pinnick, no doubt, I am happy for him, but for Nigeria, it doesn’t make any difference.”

Oliseh’s comments did not go down well with Pinnick, who told The Guardian that such comments coming from an ex-Super Eagles player showed he does not mean well for the nation’s football.

Pinnick added: “It also shows that he only thinks of himself and does not bother how to contribute to the development of Nigerian football. How can an ex-Super Eagles player and coach of the national team be so selfish. I don’t want to join issues with Oliseh because I have a lot to do for our football at the moment. But it is good I let him realise that he is an ungrateful fellow.

“I gave Oliseh Super Eagles coaching job and gave him all the support he needed to succeed even when many people were against it. He failed to make good use of the opportunity. He is ungrateful.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/pinnick-accuses-oliseh-of-being-ungrateful/amp/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:36am On Apr 17, 2021
daveP:
Saw the article. Its said that even if Vandrezzer is wronng(which i believe they aren't), the speed at which decisions were turned without any notice and information shows how poor that NNL is. I even wonder if the NFF are aware that such a league is running and should be run to the best capacity.

Im sure one or two senators and reps have called powers that be that caused these reversals. The drastic changes scent of such crew ONLY.

They have to be aware it is the second teir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:15am On Apr 17, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile in the Portuguese Primeira Liga NOS, Awaziem and Boavista are coasting to victory over Fifth placed Pacos de Ferreira.

Boavista leads 2-0.

Awaziem had to be subbed off on 79mins though because of an injury/knock. Was having a decently solid game before his departure.

And yes, he was Captain again today.

Additionally, 22 yrs old Kuku Fidelis made his Boavista debut today. Came on for Angel Gomes on 90+3mins and played the final 8mins of added time.

Captain again.

He must be doing something right. It's time for Porto to release the boy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:44am On Apr 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
This is a bit old but the Blockbuster nature of these comments hit me. I keep hoping it is fake because Pinnick has no reason talking like this.

Pinnick accuses Oliseh of being ungrateful

By Gowon Akpodonor | 23 March 2021 |

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Pinnick, has described former Super Eagles captain and coach, Sunday Oliseh, as ungrateful following his declaration that Pinnick’s emergence as a member of the FIFA Council won’t make any difference for the nation.

Oliseh said in an Online programme on Friday that Pinnick’s emergence as a FIFA Council member is a good achievement for the NFF president and not Nigeria.

He added: “As an individual, I think it is great for President Amaju Pinnick that he has gotten that vote into the council. I think it is very good for him. But as a nation – Nigeria, it does not make any difference. I am a member of the FIFA Technical Committee for eight years.”

He continued: “We as a technical committee propose changes from the technical side of how football should be developed. But at the end of the day, everything proposed has to be sanctioned by the executive group. We only propose. This council has so many people in it. They vote and talk about an issue, but at the end of the day, the executive committee decides. It is good for Pinnick, no doubt, I am happy for him, but for Nigeria, it doesn’t make any difference.”

Oliseh’s comments did not go down well with Pinnick, who told The Guardian that such comments coming from an ex-Super Eagles player showed he does not mean well for the nation’s football.

Pinnick added: “It also shows that he only thinks of himself and does not bother how to contribute to the development of Nigerian football. How can an ex-Super Eagles player and coach of the national team be so selfish. I don’t want to join issues with Oliseh because I have a lot to do for our football at the moment. But it is good I let him realise that he is an ungrateful fellow.

“I gave Oliseh Super Eagles coaching job and gave him all the support he needed to succeed even when many people were against it. He failed to make good use of the opportunity. He is ungrateful.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/pinnick-accuses-oliseh-of-being-ungrateful/amp/
sounds like Pinnick is still angry with Sunday about how he ended his coaching job with the eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:45am On Apr 17, 2021
The governor meets 'the governor'

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:46am On Apr 17, 2021
It's almost certain that Mendy will have a champions league medal tongue

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 6:02am On Apr 17, 2021
Damn... These guys were good.. Probably our best set of u17s ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgjY8DE2ek

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2021
"Kelechi Iheanacho: ‘People forget my name, they call me Senior Man’ | Leicester City | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/16/kelechi-iheanacho-people-forget-my-name-they-call-me-senior-man

Kelechi Iheanacho is referred to affectionately by his Leicester teammates as “Senior Man”, a nickname that until recently might have struck outsiders as sarcastic.

The player who could not usurp Sergio Agüero at Manchester City was for a long time the frustrated understudy to Jamie Vardy after moving to Leicester. But so far in 2021, at the age of 24, he is one of the most prolific strikers in English football. On Sunday Southampton may fear him more than anyone else in the semi-final of the FA Cup, a tournament in which he already holds three records.

For Iheanacho the quest to fulfil potential has been tough. He has had to overcome family tragedy and acute doubts. But even when he went a year at Leicester without scoring, he kept believing. His goals – 11 in his past 11 games – are a reward for persistence as well as talent.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:49am On Apr 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Nobody does really

Check Egba FC on Twitter and see how they unveil theirs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2021
nelszx:

Check Egba FC on Twitter and see how they unveil theirs

These are just nice pictures not exactly an unveiling. I do think every club should have a photo studio sha. The biggest problem is the lighting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:24am On Apr 17, 2021
jihday:
The governor meets 'the governor'
I won’t be surprised if musa will be earning a good salary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Vandrezzer feels bad, but there's a deeper issue here, if Vandrezzer is monetizing the broadcast, then they need to pay the opposite team some money as they both own the image rights. I guess that is what is causing the problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:46am On Apr 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I won’t be surprised if musa will be earning a good salary
Salary you say?

Musa will be making donations the entire time he is there. its like you've forgotten than Musa is highest paid Nigerian ever.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Salary you say?

Musa will be making donations the entire time he is there. its like you've forgotten than Musa is highest paid Nigerian ever.

Making donations as Father Christmas grin

Ganduje should be in charge of musa salary jor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Vandrezzer feels bad, but there's a deeper issue here, if Vandrezzer is monetizing the broadcast, then they need to pay the opposite team some money as they both own the image rights. I guess that is what is causing the problem.

They are not monetizing. The games are free on Facebook. Plus I don't think u have to pay the other team even if u are getting money out of it. Remember Barca and Madrid had their own channels a while back and I don't think they had to pay anybody. I have seen the same thing happen in other sports where teams get mega broadcasting deals individually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) (10517) (10518) (10519) ... (16702) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrwilliams9, elyte89 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.