Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688710 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10953) (10954) (10955) (10956) (10957) (10958) (10959) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
humility33:

How i wish Man United can sign him
utd will be perfect for ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
Highly-rated Nigerian defensive midfielder Raphael Onyedika is in contention to make his debut in the qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League when his team FC Midtjylland battle Glasgow Celtic on Tuesday night.

FC Midtjylland boss Bo Henriksen has taken 24 players to Scotland for the clash in Paradise, with Onyedika among fourteen academy graduates selected.

There is no place in the squad list for Frank Onyeka who is presently in the United Kingdom having completed his move to Premier League new boys Brentford.

Onyedika made his first team debut for FC Midtjylland last Friday, going the distance in a 2-1 loss to Odense Boldklub, filling the void created by the absence of Onyeka.

The 20-year-old was a key member of the Midtjylland side that enjoyed a fairytale run in the 2019-2020 UEFA Youth League, starting seven games as they reached the quarterfinals.

As for Celtic, former Nigeria U23 invitee Osaze Urhoghide is in contention to be make his competitive debut for the Hoops as he has been included in the provisional squad by manager Ange Postecoglou.

The former Sheffield Wednesday starlet was involved in the last three pre-season games played by Celtic, against
Charlton Athletic, Bristol City and Preston North End.

Onyedika has been given the number 37 for the Champions League qualifying rounds and Urhoghide number 26.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:
utd will be perfect for ndidi

Yes it will

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Highly-rated Nigerian defensive midfielder Raphael Onyedika is in contention to make his debut in the qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League when his team FC battle Glasgow Celtic on Tuesday night.

FC Midtjylland boss Bo Henriksen has taken 24 players to Scotland for the clash in Paradise, with Onyedika among fourteen academy graduates selected.

There is no place in the squad list for Frank Onyeka who is presently in the United Kingdom having completed his move to Premier League new boys Brentford.

Onyedika made his first team debut for FC Midtjylland last Friday, going the distance in a 2-1 loss to Odense Boldklub, filling the void created by the absence of Onyeka.

The 20-year-old was a key member of the Midtjylland side that enjoyed a fairytale run in the 2019-2020 UEFA Youth League, starting seven games as they reached the quarterfinals.

As for Celtic, former Nigeria U23 invitee Osaze Urhoghide is in contention to be make his competitive debut for the Hoops as he has been included in the provisional squad by manager Ange Postecoglou.

The former Sheffield Wednesday starlet was involved in the last three pre-season games played by Celtic, against
Charlton Athletic, Bristol City and Preston North End.

Onyedika has been given the number 37 for the Champions League qualifying rounds and Urhoghide number 26.
Midtjylland is really doing a fantastic job for nigeria talents...pray this kids breakthrough too

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
chrisooblog:
Competition in the sense that some one will keep Wilfred on his toes not that anyone is up to his level yet as per DM position in the SE.

Okay ,you are right .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Danielnino00:

Shehu should have been dropped from the team since the world cup... Either that,or he should be moved to midfield completely..
became very clear at the world cup that he's not good enough for the RB role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Subzero047:

Do you do on Airtel subscribers? I spend more than 10,000 every month and it is not funny

Sorry bro, just MTN
Thanks tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Aminu Umar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9ja coaches I hail una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
humility33:

Midtjylland is really doing a fantastic job for nigeria talents...pray this kids breakthrough too
yea, there collaboration with FC ebedei hv produced decent players for the national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
do4luv14:

No be so ah mean, wetin I mean be say, she twerk like a typical naija bae

Bend alittle hands on the knee, or upper laps,

Then steady bouncing of the Ass, as if grinding to the beat of a talking drum
Bros nawa oh grin grin grin grin

See as you describe am cheesy

But that's all to it na. Toni Payne did it so perfectly then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
humility33:

Yes it will
pogba like to move to psg. Utd should utilize the cash frm pogbas sale to bring in rennes Camavinga and ndidi. The only natural 4 utd hv is matic n his old so ndidi will slot in easily in the team's starting 11
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
humility33:

You still cant think this thing objectively

How come Megan switch wasnt delayed

Has the application been submitted? Yes or No?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
forgiveness:

Application has been submitted. Meaning the said players have filled the forms, appended their signature and submitted the form.

How can they be the one stalling themselves?

Dem bi FA or NFF?

Na. I don't believe that.

This kind of process is majorly about the life of a player, so I'm forced to believe that the player has to make the final decision in terms of signing the final paper to finalize the process.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
jihday:
became very clear at the world cup that he's not good enough for the RB role

The pre world cup friendlies themselves proved it..
It's either quota system or Rohr's lack of insight that's keeping him in the team....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
What happened?

charlesemeka85:
Aminu Umar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9ja coaches I hail una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
cc12:
What happened?

one of the carpenters sisia tried to force down our throats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
FC Midtjyllands sports chief Svend Graversen has explained selling Frank Onyeka to Brentford.

The midfielder's move to the Bees was confirmed this morning.

Graversen said, "Frank is the example of another fantastic story about the collaboration between our academy in Nigeria, the academy in Ikast and the Superliga team. He has taken the whole journey, where he started as a striker and was quickly retrained as a midfielder.

"It has been inspiring to see how he fought his way into the first team and has since made an extraordinary impression on the Super League the last few years. We are incredibly proud of that."

Graversen is sure that he can develop even more with Brentford.

"It is a happy story for the whole of FC Midtjylland to be able to send a really good football player and not least a really nice young man on to new challenges. There are many in the club who have had something to do with Frank and had an impact on his development. It ranges from coaches, managers and teammates to his foster family, and he has been well-liked by all.

"We are of course sad to lose Frank, but on the other hand we also encourage him to come out and unleash the huge potential he has. We look forward to following him in the Premier League, and we are confident that he can develop even more and become a profile in Brentford and on the Nigerian national team."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
andrew444:

South American players are rated higher than African players and that’s a fact ,they don’t really have much midfielders who are good like ndidi ,when I said rated higher you don’t expect to bring a player that’s not up to ndidi level

Well Federico velverde is rated higher than ndidi and he is not even a better dm than ndidi ,I don’t know if you don’t follow football ,how many South American dm are even better than ndidi if I may ask ? It’s only casemeiro if I am not mistaken

Didn’t you read the part where I said a South American midfielder putting the Performance of ndidi will be rated ahead of him ? How many of them are putting performance close to ndidi own ? Try to address my main point next time

Like I said you can only lie to your self ,south American players are rated higher than African players

you are the one who shoot your self on the foot to think a brazillian putting Wilfred ndidi performance in the epl will still be rated 60 million euros right ? Funny dude , Dey deceive your self my guy

According to the bolded, it's obvious you follow football more than me, brother.

But your imperial football knowledge couldn't tell you that Federico Valverde is not a DM, and has only played there just 7 times in his 176-game career.

I demanded you make your case with facts and statistics but as the gentleman you are, you chose insults and violence.

But I won't be brought down to your level, my good man.

The most signed young non-European players are from Africa, but this point is not indicative enough because Africa is 3 times more populous than South America.

So why are there no African Players bought for over 80 million.

Simple, majority of Africa's premium talents are capped by European nations before Africa gets a whiff.

For example, the current best youngster in the world, Ansu Fati was born in Guinea Buissau.
Kylian Mbappe's parents are Cameroonians and Algerians.

Also, according to you, if Ndidi had a Brazilian passport, Transfermarkt will remove the racial or xenophobic veil from their eyes and rate him above 60 million.

Well, Fabinho is Brazilian...
Fred, who started 27 games for the richest club in the world, is Brazilian and is worth just 22m.

To emphasise the mediocre mindset you attribute to your continent, Ndidi's value of 60m is the highest value Transfermarkt have slapped on a player outside the top 70 clubs, before the bloom of Jack Grealish.

It was also the highest valuation for a player with no Champions League experience in the past three years, before the EUROs (now Declan Rice and Grealish)

To show that there is no bias in favour of South American players over their African counterparts in modern day football:

Aside Lionel Messi and Europe, no continent in the world has had more €150+ rated players than Africa.

But it's all bants, brother. We are cool.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
charlesemeka85:
our grassroots clubs are doing wonders in discovering talents that's makes it to top leagues in Europe as well as being important figures in our various national teams

Imagine the below mentioned players were all nurtured by academies here before they moved to Europe

Kelechi Iheanacho Leicester city
Wilfred ndidi Leicester city
Samuel chukwueze villarael
Victor osimhen napoli
Zaidu Sanusi FC porto
Terem Moffi lorient
Sadiq Umar almeria
Moses Simon nantes
Samuel kalu bordeux
Kelechi Nwakali huesca
Issac success Watford
Bonaventure Dennis Watford
Paul Onuachu genk
Frank onyeka brentford
Chidera ejike cska moscow
Taiwo Awoniyi liverpool

These na few wey i fit remember ooo
Many talents have also died in the thick woods of grassroots Football. Millions dead and buried talents with nothing to show.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

According to the bolded, it's obvious you follow football more than me, brother.

But your imperial football knowledge couldn't tell you that Federico Valverde is not a DM, and has only played there just 7 times in his 176-game career.

I demanded you make your case with facts and statistics but as the gentleman you are, you chose insults and violence.

The most signed young non-European players are from Africa, but this point is not indicative enough because Africa is 3 times more populous than South America.

Simple, majority of Africa's premium talents are capped by European nations before Africa gets a whiff.

For example, the current best youngster in the world, Ansu Fati was born in Guinea Buissau.

Also, according to you, if Ndidi had a Brazilian passport, Transfermarkt will remove the racial veil from their eyes and rate him above 60 million.

Fred, who started 27 games for the richest club in the world, is Brazilian and is worth just 22m.

To emphasise the mediocre mindset you attribute to your continent, Ndidi's value of 60m is the highest value Transfermarkt have slapped on a player outside the top 70 clubs.

It is also the highest valuation for a player with no Champions League experience in the past three years.

To show that there is no bias in favour of South American players over their African counterparts in modern day football:

Aside Lionel Messi and Europe, no continent in the world has had more €150+ rated players than Africa.

Am I the only one who loves this guy?
Nothing like arguing with facts and figures..
You're the man indeed

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
forgiveness:

Has the application been submitted? Yes or No?

Ask yourself the question can the players slow the process?can they ask for a pause?

Why was Megan's approval swift
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Also, according to you, if Ndidi had a Brazilian passport, Transfermarkt will remove the racial or xenophobic veil from their eyes and rate him above 60 million.

To emphasise the mediocre mindset you attribute to your continent, Ndidi's value of 60m is the highest value Transfermarkt have slapped on a player outside the top 70 clubs, before the bloom of Jack Grealish.

It was also the highest valuation for a player with no Champions League experience in the past three years, before the EUROs (now Declan Rice and Grealish)

But your knowledge didnt tell you that someone can be a central midfielder and also play as a DM, now let me leave this one aside, do you know that federico velverde is also rated and got more value than frank kessie who is also a central midfielder like him ? but frank kessie is the better player.

I am yet to insult you bro, telling you things you dont know doesnt makes it an insult, if i do then my sincere apologies.

Where do i talk about the most signed non African players? I said a south american player of Wilfred ndidi level will be rated more than him and thats fact and you are yet to prove that, you dont need to be talking out of point

You should know better than this, when we are speaking of how they do rate African players then you should know we are speaking of the ones playing for African national teams and not the color or the main country of origin, ansu fati is from guinea bissau but he is seen as an European and he is rated like an European so whats your point there?

Now you are contradicting your self , how many times should i repeat my self by saying if a player of ndidi level is south american he will be rated more than 60 million euros, you had to mention fred who ndidi is better than? (NDIDI IS BETTER THAN FRED OF MAN UNITED), fabinho is still l rated at same value with ndidi, he hasnt had the best of seasons recently but still a top player

Aside lionel messi and europe because neymar has been playing volley ball , south america is a continent with few countries so i dont think there need to many players rated 150 million plus

Aside mohammed salah tell me any african player that has been rated 150 million plus because you are trying to say they are many , maybe na another planet i dey live grin

The point is a Brazilian/Argentine in same level with saido mane and mohammed salah will be rated ahead of them and this is pure facts with my full chest.

Please list the african players that has been rated 150 million euros ? has any african player been rated 150 million euros apart from Mohammed salah ?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
mkrest:

Sorry bro, just MTN
Thanks tho

I use 1500 data (6GB) weekly. MTN
And I am using Samsung phone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Liverpool's ex-Flying Eagles star set to become Union Berlin's most expensive signing in history

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=40520
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
mkrest:

Sorry bro, just MTN
Thanks tho
N470 for 2gb every 12-14 days. That's not adding midnight bundles every other night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

This is exactly what I came to this thread for. Well communicated arguments that are corroborated by nothing but facts and logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
do4luv14:

Ehn Oga Zero, more than 10k every month,?

Yes na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
timay:

Na. I don't believe that.

This kind of process is majorly about the life of a player, so I'm forced to believe that the player has to make the final decision in terms of signing the final paper to finalize the process.

How can one submit a document without signing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
jihday:
How do you know application have been submitted?

Because NFF said so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
mkrest:

Sorry bro, just MTN
Thanks tho
I use MTN and I spend zero naira on data.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
PROVERBZ:
I use MTN and I spend zero naira on data.
LOL king of VPN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AmeLonRo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (10953) (10954) (10955) (10956) (10957) (10958) (10959) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Ikanium(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.