Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11719044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) ... (16165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2021
According to dailymail

Watford crystal palace and brentford are chasing joe Aribo

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:23am On Dec 01, 2021
Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo is attracting major Premier League interest.

The Daily Mail says Crystal Palace, Brentford and Watford are targeting Rangers star Aribo.

The Premier League trio are among the clubs tracking talented midfielder Aribo, 25, as he heads towards the final 18 months of his contract with the Scottish champions.

Aribo joined Rangers in 2019 from Charlton and has flourished north of the border making 116 appearances, scoring 21 times and setting up 18 further goals.

Aribo flourished under former manager Steven Gerrard and was a key figure in Rangers' first top-flight title success in 10 years last season.

He has continued to shine in the early days of Giovanni Van Bronckhorst's Ibrox rein, being named man of the match in Sunday' 3-1 win at Livingston.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Glad to know. Welcome back, boss. Good morning.
Thanks, TheGoodJoe and good morning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:45am On Dec 01, 2021
Icon4s:
Thanks, TheGoodJoe and good morning.

welcome my Oga, I hands up, trust every every good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2021
Most goals + assists since 2001 grin

Nobody should ever be compared to messi I repeat

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Mikel was class, a Gem at U20, so unfortunate Mou turns him to a DM. If we are to be sincere with ourselves, none of our present players is a top player, perhaps slightly above average (Ndidi).

Jez checked the Clip and see how Eagles should be dominating Matches. Off ball Movement, transitions, fluidity and so on. Rohr is assembling average Squad, persuading rejected foreign Borns to play for us and we are celebrating it - but at expense of developing and exporting our local Talents.

Watch Siasia U20 Team, watch how we played at Olympic under same Siasia, and you gonna see the Truth. It's so boring tactically nowadays with Eagles. Nothing spectacular with Teamplay, rather hoping on luck to score Goals and win Matches.

Rohr has to go, but I prefer a tactically sound local Coach to take over. Gonna give Amuneke a chance - 2yrs Contract, if I am responsible for the Appointment of next Coach.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
Danielnino00:

grin He should stay back and help Watford return to the championship .. grin

On a serious note, Ekong doesn't look like he is improving much... Defenders usually get better with age, but that's not the same with Ekong... He is just bang average...

That being said, who is next in line to him for the super eagles captainship? Omeruo? He can't be using his captainship to keep getting starting spots in the team... I love his vibes in camp and all, but performance wise, he need to take a bench break for now .
Ndidi looks like a captain material

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Can we take a break from Messi, CR7 and Lewy ish?! None of them is African, talk less of Nigerian.

Messi won ballon D'Or not APOTY. Its enough please. Let's discuss Eagles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
Subzero047:

Ndidi is the farthest from being SE captain, I think Balogun is next in line
Balogun will soon retire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Oasis001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Mikel was class, a Gem at U20, so unfortunate Mou turns him to a DM. If we are to be sincere with ourselves, none of our present players is a top player, perhaps slightly above average (Ndidi).

Jez checked the Clip and see how Eagles should be dominating Matches. Off ball Movement, transitions, fluidity and so on. Rohr is assembling average Squad, persuading rejected foreign Borns to play for us and we are celebrating it - but at expense of developing and exporting our local Talents.

Watch Siasia U20 Team, watch how we played at Olympic under same Siasia, and you gonna see the Truth. It's so boring tactically nowadays with Eagles. Nothing spectacular with Teamplay, rather hoping on luck to score Goals and win Matches.

Rohr has to go, but I prefer a tactically sound local Coach to take over. Gonna give Amuneke a chance - 2yrs Contract, if I am responsible for the Appointment of next Coach.

How dare you call our players average.

You're unpatriotic, your dark, you're wicked.....

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
If rumours are true and Vic Mo is back, then all well and good. Its a damn good one.
We need experienced wingers with quality end- product and not second hand robbens with no end-product.

He is the only winger I trust will make something out of the ball when he is in the final third and not dribble aimlessly and go and chop bench in his club.

Vic No is a baller!!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
charlesemeka85:
mikel always had that elegance in his game but was restricted by Jose and Chelsea

Mike growing up was too smooth on the ball with football intelligence beyond his age

He is blessed but never reached his full potentials
Jose this Jose that, he spent almost 10 years at Chelsea and Jose was his coach for about 3 of them did he also tell other coaches not to use him in his preferred role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
darkelf:

How dare you call our players average.

You're unpatriotic, your dark, you're wicked.....

grin grin

grin

You like wahala pass kasala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I watched Ajagun's breakthrough in Shell Cup. He was the top goal scorer before the finals. In the finals, against Oinkrama grammar school, he scored a hat trick.

Even when he was in Keshi's U20, Keshi kept him on the bench for whatever reason. When we were eliminated in the first round, Keshi gave him a substitution chance to play and he played well. Had Nigerian fans shouting and capped it up with a brilliant goal.

But series of things happened like the Keshi incident, we did not get to see Ajagun shine. When Ajagun got a run in the NPFL, he claimed the golden boot. That guy was a special striker but one thing or the other, the world never got to see him in full gear.
Ajagun in Keshi’s U-20? How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I watched Kelechi Osunwa's breakthrough in the golden eaglets. After the selection of the U17 team for Trinidad and Tobago, there was a frienldy for them in Calabar.

Bright Stars of Port harcourt had won a tournament in Abuja with some scintillating displays. So they were selected for a friendly.

When the game started, Calabar stood still. What happened was the unleashing of a hitman. Kelechi Osunwa who was the highest goal scorer in Abuja.

I think that match ended 4-0 and Kelechi Osunwa stole the show with a hat trick. His last goal was memorable and they had to take some Bright Stars players to camp.

I had no doubt that if Osunwa had landed that U17, he would have become a sensation. That golden boot Sinama Pongolle won was Osunwa's. Unfortunately, he was slightly over age. I think he had just turned 18 and had registered in Uniport remedial program to prepare for jam.

The media clamped hard on him and he got dropped.

Even when Musa Abdullahi became coach of Dolphins, (he was the coach of the golden Eaglets of Trinida and Tobago U17), he signed Osunwa to Dolphins and the guy netted the golden boot.

Osunwa once said, I never played in a league were I was not the top scorer. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to do it in a European club.
because he kept on playing in farmer’s leagues, is he not the guy that went to Sudan? I also think he’s the first player in the NPFL to cross the 1mill naira mark

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:
But he doesn’t deserves the ballon d or grin

And the worst part they aren’t even talking about lewandowski but a back passer Jorginho

Lewandowski deserves last year ballon d or ,but it’s not Messi fault that the award didn’t take place

Please where did you get this image from? I've not seen a bigger lie from an official publication.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

How can you say that? How was he not special? Even when he went to Sudan, he broke records in their league. Explain how he was not special.
Sudan na league? At least he should have gone to Egypt or Tunisia, even at the turn of the millennium there were loads of Nigerian players playing in Eastern Europe and holland, if he was a serious footballer he could have towed that path

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Please where did you get this image from? I've not seen a bigger lie from an official publication.

No lies there man

Everything you see there are facts

Go and make your research and see for yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I watched that team and Mikel even showed more flair than he did in the U20 but I think Mikel had more elegance in the U20 and maturity to his game.

Either way, Eguavoen did a mean job raising that team. At that time Eguavoen was criticised of carrying babies to the U17 but it paid with time.
you are right, I remember him saying the team failed because the boys were truly young I didn’t quite understand him then because just 2 years earlier we got to the final, but I fully understand him now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I followed this tournament host at Finland ,Na for this tournament I take know Mikel

I think Nigeria was eliminated at group stage
na coin toss them use comot us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

No lies there man

Everything you see there are facts

Go and make your research and see for yourself

Can you please share where you got the image I want to know if its from an official source?

Or is Messi on the left or on the right?

I see Messi vs Lewandowski. But the images are flipped.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Can you please share where you got the image I want to know if its from an official source?

Or is Messi on the left or on the right?

I see Messi vs Lewandowski. But the images are flipped.

Messi stats is on the side his pic was placed

You should use motm and chances created to take note
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Messi stats is on the side his pic was placed

You should use motm and chances created to take note

Thought as much. Was thinking they disrespected the boy wonder. No vex.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Thought as much. Was thinking they disrespected the boy wonder. No vex.

Lol

Goal outside the box should also tell you ,lewa hardly
Scores outside the box
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Not my pick at all. I think we are old enough to lead ourselves. Enough of the white men experiment. Let us give our local coaches a rotational four years plan. You only keep your role if you perform well in four year and lose your role if you perform poorly in two years. No sack in between that two years.

Amunike goes first.

Finidi second

Oliseh third.

What are you against? White men or foreign coaches?

I don't think you would like the whites to say; "enough of the black man experiment", would you?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol
Goal outside the box should also tell you ,lewa hardly Scores outside the box

ah hear say Vicmo don return to our SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
9jafootballers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-Oeer7w3k

Osimhen's possible replacements

Very interesting podcast. The host, Emmanuel and Bolu know their onions, especially Emmanuel.

But Lamid was totally off-point in a lot of his opinions. I just quit when he said Sadiq Umar and Onuachu have the same skill set.

You could tell his views aren't punditry level. Fine show, nonetheless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
darkelf:
If rumours are true and Vic Mo is back, then all well and good. Its a damn good one.
We need experienced wingers with quality end- product and not second hand robbens with no end-product.

He is the only winger I trust will make something out of the ball when he is in the final third and not dribble aimlessly and go and chop bench in his club.

Vic No is a baller!!!
I always feel some type of way about these recalls, they hardly ever go as anticipated. From Ike uche's recall, obafemi martins' recall and we are still keeping our fingers crossed regarding ighalo's case.

We make these decisions mostly based on nostalgia. Even when moses was in the form of his life, the nostalgia in us was looking at an Osaze in Malaysia and was pushing for his recall.

If we are expecting Moses to give us his 2013 performance then we might be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
I did a top 5 goals on Okocha's Super Eagles career for those who might want to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zc5WY9h9Q

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Danielnino00:

That being said, who is next in line to him for the super eagles captainship? Omeruo? He can't be using his captainship to keep getting starting spots in the team... I love his vibes in camp and all, but performance wise, he need to take a bench break for now .

Awaziem, Osimhen or Leon Balogun. If you want people who will give a rollicking for mistakes, pick either of those three.

Awaziem and Osimhen very vocal at club level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
fabyom:
Victor Moses is back in Super Eagles! He won us the 2013 AFCON and qualified us for the 2018 World cup. #Factsonly

Vicmo & Chuz on the wings will be fire!
I said it! Ighalo and Moses. Next is Olise Ndah

(1) (2) (3) ... (11787) (11788) (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) ... (16165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Jojodjo, Goke7, BannedLarge, mank1234(m), twentyk(m), dijon, GMBOFASIA, kingphilip(m), LLENCE77(m), forgiveness, 10cedes, tsquare299(m), 100smile(m), Odunayaw(m), TheGoodJoe(m), ddone, Christinu2, Marjoribanks, opes, skallion7(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.