Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11715731 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) (11794) (11795) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Ronaldo commented "facts" under a post that ridiculed Messi.

Absolute pettiness.

Like cr7 like his fan boys

You no go ever here messi talk anything ,I don’t know if this comment is real sha

That’s how he was denying what he said after the French journalist exposed him ,he said his aim was to win more ballon d or than Messi before he retires ,Messi is living rent free on this one head since day one grin

There is nothing wrong on that statement sha ,Na small pikin Dey worry am wey e go Dey debunk am for Instagram Dey write epistle when the video is all over everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Oasis001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Mikel was class, a Gem at U20, so unfortunate Mou turns him to a DM. If we are to be sincere with ourselves, none of our present players is a top player, perhaps slightly above average (Ndidi).

Jez checked the Clip and see how Eagles should be dominating Matches. Off ball Movement, transitions, fluidity and so on. Rohr is assembling average Squad, persuading rejected foreign Borns to play for us and we are celebrating it - but at expense of developing and exporting our local Talents.

Watch Siasia U20 Team, watch how we played at Olympic under same Siasia, and you gonna see the Truth. It's so boring tactically nowadays with Eagles. Nothing spectacular with Teamplay, rather hoping on luck to score Goals and win Matches.

Rohr has to go, but I prefer a tactically sound local Coach to take over. Gonna give Amuneke a chance - 2yrs Contract, if I am responsible for the Appointment of next Coach.

Their Midfield is so scared they left the pressing to their second striker while the choke the DM position. Feints and passes like a Cazorla/Ozil combo

As for Amuneke, these pride of Elephants in charge no go wan willingly do it even if he seem the best bet right now. At least, like Amodu, years, the dressing room talk at half time will be more homely and productive. Only other option is a better tactician than amuneke and not some European wannabe that doesn't even get press attention for tactical prowess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
jihday:
Egypt struggling to breakdown Lebanon
scored via penalty, 1-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

What a pity. I hope you rejig your mentality in the future, mate.

It is racist folks like you that have stagnated the growth of Africa.

And Unracist Pinnick has pushed our football to the height of Belgium and Spain.

This has nothing to do with racism but convenience and belief.

How many times have we employed whites who want to work from Europe?

Did you see Rhor coach the Chan team or A Super Eagles team B team?

Did you not see Oliseh and Keshi coach the respective CHAN teams during their tenures?

Local coaches give more when it comes to devotion. Yet they cost less.

Is it not cost efficient to employ a graduate from Ife that will do the same job and cost less than Employing a white MIT Engineer that will cost the company's annual budget to do the same job?

Is that racism?

The NFF had to use contract to force Rhor to watch home games. That is a fact not racism.

Haba.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ndidi Should easily be the new captain

Maybe Omeruo,

It's been long a a Forward was our captain.

Any pics on Osimhen recovery??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2021
daveP:
Ndidi Should easily be the new captain

Maybe Omeruo,

It's been long a a Forward was our captain.

Any pics on Osimhen recovery??

Ahmed musa is super eagles captain grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Like cr7 like his fan boys

You no go ever here messi talk anything ,I don’t know if this comment is real sha

That’s how he was denying what he said after the French journalist exposed him ,he said his aim was to win more ballon d or than Messi before he retires ,Messi is living rent free on this one head since day one grin

There is nothing wrong on that statement sha ,Na small pikin Dey worry am wey e go Dey debunk am for Instagram Dey write epistle when the video is all over everywhere grin

I never knew an athlete at that level could be so petty. Even arrogant Ibrahimovic respects his opponent.

I found this thread of Ronaldo being petty since his United days. https://mobile.twitter.com/Lewandisneyy/status/1465925701836496912
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ahmed musa is super eagles captain grin
New Captain. Especially if he wraps up this waste of spots to the GWG. Of course, he's going to AfCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
darkelf:

That word 'Hypemen' is so apt

That s same people can make you believe Zaidu sanusi stopped Salah in champions league and is the best full back in the world

And they will call other beer parlor analysts

Very laughable
100/100
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
jihday:
that’s U-20 in 2001

Yes you are right. The details are still sketchy but I remember one of the reasons pointed for Keshi leaving out Ajagun from the first two games. Even though Keshi knew he was a highly talented boy, he felt he was too tender. He had just finished secondary school. Discovered in the Shell secondary School cup. He was 17 at the time of the competition while the other players were U20. When he got the chance, he did well and I think scored the only goal for Nigeria in that competition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I disagree on your take about chalobah,goal or without goal tuchel will give the kid a chance ,remove goal from chalobah game and he his still good ,so I don’t get this your point

Mourinho doesn’t trust in any youth abeg ,no come here come lie ,because he use to give some kids chances doesn’t mean he trusted in youths

Mourinho snubbed zaniolo ,You are very funny ,is it same zaniolo that played 90 minutes on their last game ?

Chalobah is subjective. But my opinion remains if Chalobah didn't score on his debut, there's no way Chelsea would have sold both Tomori and Zouma, players above him, without a replacement.

Mourinho doesn't trust in youth is a big farce that you can never prove.

Even Claudio Ranieri said when he was manager Abrahmovic bought too many players than he could use.

Chelsea have the most players on loan in the EPL for over decades now. And since Mourinho is their longest serving manager under Roman Abrahamovic, he will definitely sell most player of these players. Salah and De Bryune are players who fell victim to this.

If Mourinho was the one that sold Tomori, Abraham, Zouma in one window and is in danger of losing Gilmour, Baba Rahman and Malang Sarr, the media would have gone awire.

For 18-year-old Afene-gyan's debut goal, Mourinho had Zaniolo, Mayoral and Perez on the bench at 0-0. But rather brought on Gyan in the 74th minute.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin grin grin I laugh in Latin make we kuku bring back Sunday mba he his our hero

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Chalobah is subjective. But my opinion remains if Chalobah didn't score on his debut, there's no way Chelsea would have sold both Tomori and Zouma, players above him, without a replacement.

Mourinho doesn't trust in youth is a big farce that you can never prove.

Even Claudio Ranieri said when he was manager Abrahmovic bought too many players than he could use.

Chelsea have the most players on loan in the EPL for over decades now. And since Mourinho is their longest serving manager under Roman Abrahamovic, he will definitely sell most player of these players. Salah and De Bryune are players who fell victim to this.

If Mourinho was the one that sold Tomori, Abraham, Zouma in one window and is in danger of losing Gilmour, Baba Rahman and Malang Sarr, the media would have gone awire.

For 18-year-old Afene-gyan's debut goal, Mourinho had Zaniolo, Mayoral and Perez on the bench at 0-0. But rather brought on Gyan in the 74th minute.

Giving 1 kid a chance doesn’t mean you trust in tough

Ernesto velverde handed ansu fati his debut while Barca have top class players on the bench ,does that mean Ernesto velverde believes in youths like koeman and xavi ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

I never knew an athlete at that level could be so petty. Even arrogant Ibrahimovic respects his opponent.

I found this thread of Ronaldo being petty since his United days. https://mobile.twitter.com/Lewandisneyy/status/1465925701836496912

I still don’t believe cr7 commented that sha

But we are watching
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin I laugh in Latin make we kuku bring back Sunday mba he his our hero
common sense over emotions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Muller don talk say bayern go show barca pepper when they visit them in the champions league cheesy that ballond'or snub pain bayern cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How does this game exposed Spain ?

Then beat us 3-0 and you feel this game showed us that Spain was beatable,lol

U shld knw I don't sugarcoat stuff

I say it d way I c it...if u av a spare time..watch d game again and tell me d outcome,at times result of a match doesn't really depict d d real event of what transpired..bar d strikers messing up Mikel few chances he created and some silly mistakes wc led to deir goals..d match was a close contest..we played well dt night..and I would choose watching dt game again Dan watching our 1-1 draw against capeverde...dis is a match I would term losing beautifully cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
THE NIGERIAN WONDER KID

There is a new Nigerian wonder kid that just signed for sao paolo in Brazil.
His name is Azeez Olalekan Balogun and he is a striker.
Scorenigeria talks about him.
He was discovered in a scouting tournament in Ibadan this year.
You see the Brazilian league is very fantastic and is at the level of the Dutch league if not better.
for a teenager to be in a historic club like Sao paolo is something to take notice of.
It means he may have the technical skills of a Brazilian (think Neymar, Cautinho, kaka, pauleta etc
Brazilian players are technically gifted and the boy must be very good to be in
the Brazilian league.
We must take note for the future

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
daveP:

Their Midfield is so scared they left the pressing to their second striker while the choke the DM position. Feints and passes like a Cazorla/Ozil combo

As for Amuneke, these pride of Elephants in charge no go wan willingly do it even if he seem the best bet right now. At least, like Amodu, years, the dressing room talk at half time will be more homely and productive. Only other option is a better tactician than amuneke and not some European wannabe that doesn't even get press attention for tactical prowess.

My first Choice is Samson Siasia, but he's still serving Ban. He's an attack-minded Coach that plays good football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
elyte89:

I say it d way I c it...if u av a spare time..watch d game again and tell me d outcome,at times result of a match doesn't really depict d d real event of what transpired..bar d strikers messing up Mikel few chances he created and some silly mistakes wc led to deir goals..d match was a close contest..we played well dt night..and I would choose watching dt game again Dan watching our 1-1 draw against capeverde...dis is a match I would term losing beautifully cool

Hmmmm

I trust you sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I no sure about that news jare

goan find out jhor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7MpwqDboI

This is one of the Reasons it's hard to trust a local Coach with a senior Team job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
zuchyblink:
common sense over emotions
grin grin grin where did I paint him bad o Mr common sense and I suggested Sunday mba who won us the last nation's cup so you should apply your common sense to know we are bringing back our hero's past wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
zuchyblink:
I said it! Ighalo and Moses. Next is Olise Ndah

Add Ozonwafor, Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Oh I understand.

I know you selected Amunike already.

But Nigeria's Eddie Newton has expressed his interest in the Super Eagles job. PRK.

He has achieved milestones at every club he's coached.

In his first managerial season, he finished 3rd in League One behind Leicester, MK Don's second highest finish in their history.

In his second job, guided West Brom back to the EPL.

At Chelsea, he won them the Champions League and FA Cup in one season.

Just last year, he won Trabzonspor their first trophy in 10 years. He was sacked because of FFP and Trabzonspor couldn't afford new signings.

He is currently director at 2020 Champions, Basaksehir.

What do you think?

If this is true...I prefer the dude over those Serbians

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy
Meliforme:

Add Ozonwafor, Ikechukwu Ezenwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mikel 2013 is as close to the best I've ever seen him in the GWG. Creative, unmovable and inspiring. Watch the game against Uruguay in which he scored he scored dude was really on top of his game.

Personally I think the tempo and style of the EPL really hampered his growth as a complete CM. A slightly slower and more tactical Serie A might have done him wonders. Credit to him that despite not reaching the heights many of us expected he still had a very good career better than most players.

elyte89:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Guys e be like na streaming we go dey continue to stream these afcon 2022 oo, my eye no fit carry NTA..
What's up with supersport and caf? Dem never settle their beef? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
Impressive CV but what is his coaching style and philosophy?

TheLoneCitizen:

Oh I understand.

I know you selected Amunike already.

But Nigeria's Eddie Newton has expressed his interest in the Super Eagles job. PRK.

He has achieved milestones at every club he's coached.

In his first managerial season, he finished 3rd in League One behind Leicester, MK Don's second highest finish in their history.

In his second job, guided West Brom back to the EPL.

At Chelsea, he won them the Champions League and FA Cup in one season.

Just last year, he won Trabzonspor their first trophy in 10 years. He was sacked because of FFP and Trabzonspor couldn't afford new signings.

He is currently director at 2020 Champions, Basaksehir.

What do you think?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
elyte89:

Oil dey your head jare!!! Honestly if Keshi had been a better man manager, avoiding petty fights and not trying to sell players, the Eagles would have gone far!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11789) (11790) (11791) (11792) (11793) (11794) (11795) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, M7even(m), lordofstrings and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.