Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12470335 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) ... (16702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
safarigirl:
Some of you don't understand that whatever Siasia does henceforth will not matter

His name has been sullied and his career is gone. Who will hire him?

Naw. Antonio Conte had a match fixing trial and he still is coaching football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Welbeck and gray no even start match and my guy no dey team, i hope its because of injury sha

If the coach no use am again i no go blame the coach, because this same guy played more epl games than gray last season

If leon balogun is not injured, he should stop getting called to the eagles till he can get game time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Keep in mind his mother has been kidnapped. I doubt email would have been on his mind in these last months.
His mother was kidnapped earlier this month na or late last month the mails were sent since Feb and April

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
jihday:
He doesn't work for the NFF, if they had done so na una go still come here to ask why would FIFA send to NFF

Why would anyone ask such a silly question? Isn't he Nigerian? Doesn't his case affect Nigerian football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
jihday:
His mother was kidnapped earlier this month na or late last month the mails were sent since Feb and April

Before the ruling, he might have had the chance to check his mails but would not reason that way. By the way his mum was kidnapped 15 July.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Naw. Antonio Conte had a match fixing trial and he still is coaching football.
trial. He wasn't banned.

Conte is a white man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Keep in mind his mother has been kidnapped. I doubt email would have been on his mind in these last months.

The email was sent in March... His mum was was kidnapped in July... He could have responded to the FIFA committee.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
komekn:

Did you see the roundabout that Danny was doing in the midfield and the ridiculous one touch pass and swerve he waa doing in Burnley 18 simply mesmerising.

I was also very impressed by the teenager Joe Willock small boy running show on the middle of the park. It was almost exhibition football.

However, Arsenal BIG PROBLEM they can not DEFEND they need another quality CB otherwise they are going by struggle.

You are absolutely right.
Dani was so good. It's been long I watch Santi kinda player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
DrLikita12:

In April a paper said he was 19. I'll find a link.

Nvm...I just saw the tweets above. The journalist has far more verifiable information.
It's surprising but it's great news. Hopefully more clubs can start to recruit truly young players. I think someone here quoted a La liga source that said that by the U17 level, youth players have usually been exposed to at least one full season of football (I can't remember the exact quote).
I've heard that Nasarawa United has one of the best youth structure in the league. Never verified it though.

Hmm i see

Good point

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
mostob:
that pepe moments really made my day...the one that got me most is the moment he sent one Burnley player to Bariga before sending the other to Ojota ..damn
BTW, we still miss Iwobi...He shouldn't have been sold.

Very honest from you

You should be an arsenal fan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Why would anyone ask such a silly question? Isn't he Nigerian? Doesn't his case affect Nigerian football.
Not exactly it doesn't affect Nigerian football, Sia is a former coach which means he's severed all ties with the NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Maybe in third world countries but in the developed world these things are made public. When America prosecuted FIFA they listed step by step each accusation placed on them they didn't leave people to be making guesses. This issue is way too sensitive to be handled privately.
America prosecuted FIFA, not the other way around. America uses tax payers money to prosecute, they are accountable to them.

FIFA is an organization, not a country. They are not obliged to explain anything to fans, except they want to. They are accountable to sponsors only. If you have a grouse with their decisions, you can stop watching football in protest, but I doubt it would matter much to them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
komekn:

When we say diss it implies untruthful denigration

Back to you so you think that Iwobi will not have competition for his position look at three players coming in. Is that what you call diss and or downgrading a player.

Danny, Pepe and to a lesser extent Willock the teenager. Now compare that to Everton a team evolving from almost a kick and rush past new Manager and new footballing philosophy.

Iwobi will and is a starter all the time and he will have more freedom of expression. He has to live up to Everton's expectations though but compared to staying at Arsenal this is the best move for him IMO as long as performs consistently. I was skeptical at first but looking at everything in context this is a very very positive move for Iwobi.

He wont be benched in any of arsenal or everton

Lets see what he will do at everton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
komekn:

Did you see the roundabout that Danny was doing in the midfield and the ridiculous one touch pass and swerve he waa doing in Burnley 18 simply mesmerising.

I was also very impressed by the teenager Joe Willock small boy running show on the middle of the park. It was almost exhibition football.

However, Arsenal BIG PROBLEM they can not DEFEND they need another quality CB otherwise they are going by struggle.

I am sure you would have said dani cabellos would not be able to cope with the epl physicality

He might even do well in the epl than laliga

Football no be GRA GRA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
andrew444:

Very honest from you
You should be an arsenal fan
sure bro In the football world,Arsenal is my wife,Barcelona is my concubine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

We are saying the same thing, neither Maduka nor Alampasu merited callups

But Maduka got his through sheer determination, and showing his availability

Unless you mean Alampasu deserved a call up
of course... we are saying the same thing.
Just tryna correct madam but she no wan hear.
we good,man

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2019
mostob:
sure bro
In the football world,Arsenal is my wife,Barcelona is my concubine.

Hahahaha, your concubine lost yesterday ooo, coutinho joined bayern on loan so neymar is coming what do you think

Arsenal looking like a better team than man u and chelsea, but will the be consistent , thats my question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
safarigirl:
Stanley Okoye getting things off his chest, while still being a patriot.

This is why I Stan this man smiley
Our squad for the world cup is strong oo ..in addition to Okoye,there's the Aminu brothers, Josh Okigie ,Ekpe Udoh,Vincent Nnamdi and the veteran ike Diogu...
5 NBA players in all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
andrew444:

Hahahaha, your concubine lost yesterday ooo, coutinho joined bayern on loan so neymar is coming what do you think

Arsenal looking like a better team than man u and chelsea, but will the be consistent , thats my question?
Neymar no come, Coutinho was supposed to be used as an incentive but baba say he no want PSG and Barça don too spend money this summer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
Jamilu Collins started. The score is 2:2 at the moment

Awoniyi on the bench. 0:0

Iwobi on the bench. 1:0 Everton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
jihday:
Neymar no come, Coutinho was supposed to be used as an incentive but baba say he no want PSG and Barça don too spend money this summer

Barca self

Coutinho doesnt want to go to a farmers league

They should better use dembele because tuchel want dembele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
Jamilu Collins started. The score is 2:2 at the moment

Awoniyi on the bench. 0:0

Iwobi on the bench. 1:0 Everton

Awoniyi should break in with time

Iwobi is a new signing , e sure be say Bernard go soon go bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
andrew444:

na coach be Barca's problem.Neymar's arrival will reduce the workload on messi.
As for arsenal, keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
Paderborn drawing 2-2 with Leverkusen, impressive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
They should make sure this saido mane wins african football of the hear, No partial for this one, dude is too good

He already came 5th in European player of the year behind allison

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
mostob:
na coach be Barca's problem.Neymar's arrival will reduce the workload on messi.
As for arsenal, keeping my fingers crossed.

Arsenal should be consistent thats all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
andrew444:

Yea..I hope so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2019
Is email a legal process to serve legal document?

Was there any acknowledgement of service?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2019
safarigirl:
trial. He wasn't banned.

Conte is a white man

What are you saying Conte served a ban.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
andrew444:

Because of Wins against Newcastle and Burnley by one goal margin, all of a sudden they are invisible. Lol

I like the optimism of Arsenal fans though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
jihday:
Not exactly it doesn't affect Nigerian football, Sia is a former coach which means he's severed all ties with the NFF

Who was he coaching when this happens?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Who was he coaching when this happens?

So if EU wants to serve Jonathan a letter they send it to Aso Rock?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) ... (16702) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.