Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12447354 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7915) (7916) (7917) (7918) (7919) (7920) (7921) ... (16684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Another Nigerian Hotshot! Go get them Dessers!

tbaba1234:
Dessers starts for Heracles, 16 minutes gone

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Ter Stegen got 2 laliga assists this season

I know but only a goal keeper is allowed to have that kinda stats from solanke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ejuke with an assist.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Joebie:
If Hausa man dey here it won’t take long, this matter go enter tribal/political matter

I am From the north but I decided to let it slide

Because if he e enter tribal issue almost everyone will come for my head as usual and they will ignore who started it

I just look that guy i no wan quote am,if I quote am e no go like my response .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Abusule007:
I know but only a goal keeper is allowed to have that kinda stats from solanke

Lol but Ter Stegen no gree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
edi287:
Ejuke with an assist.
which day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol but Ter Stegen no gree

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I am From the north but I decided to let it slide

Because if he e enter tribal issue almost everyone will come for my head as usual and they will ignore who started it

I just look that guy i no wan quote am,if I quote am e no go like my response .

U no from core North. U no pass Benue, Plateau and Taraba and u are definitely not Fulani neither are u Hausa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:

U no from core North. U no pass Benue, Plateau and Taraba and u are definitely not Fulani neither are u Hausa

Baba which one b core North??

North is North mbok

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol

Chai

Anybody wey take me serious dey on a long thing sha

See as you just judge say I no come from north without having any idea about me grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
West Brom have overtaken Leeds United in the EFL Championship standings following their 5-1 rout of Swansea City at The Hawthorns on Sunday afternoon.

As a result of their 13th win of the season, The Baggies have accumulated 45 points, two more than second-placed Leeds United.

Nigeria international Semi Ajayi scored the opening goal in the 25th minute, heading home after Kyle Bartley knocked Matheus Pereira's corner back across goal.

Further goals from Pereira, Hal Robson-Kanu, Matthew Phillips and Edwards did the damage for Slaven Bilic's side while Sam Surridge's 39th minute strike proved to be only a consolation for the visitors.

Ajayi has been an ever-present for West Brom this season after joining the club from Rotherham United in the summer, playing every minute of their 20 matches in the Championship.

One aspect of his game that has improved in 2019 is goalscoring; his strike today against Swansea City was his tenth league goal this calendar year, with seven coming in the colours of Swansea City from January 26 to March 16.

The former Arsenal U23 skipper has started the four matches played by the Super Eagles since the conclusion of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
ILLICITblood:

Baba which one b core North??

North is North mbok

If u were a good student of geography, u would know of the four cardinal points and would understand that some places called northern Nigeria due to politics are actually far from being in the Northern hemisphere.

U must be one of those who tag everything Igbo as South East and at the same time tag a place like Cross River(the real South East, geographically) South South.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
I will take okpotu over solanke

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Humility017:

thanks bro....it is hypocrisy to trying to run away from our plural nature....

we are heterogeneous...Yes that has not been our problem.... our problem stems from the inability to manage our diversity to our advantage.....

many countries are sure heterogeneous but some have been able to use it to their advantage but unlike us the colonialist instituted the divide and rule scheme to milk us dry as well keep us disunited and now our politicians are doing same....and all we think best is to pitch tenth in the hypocrisy of trying to deny our tribal differences....

the best way this can be managed is by embracing TRUE FEDERALISM.....
I often say that Nigeria is a politician's paradise because we are too divided, too fractured to form springboards for action. So they'd continue to play cha cha on us. It's a tragedy my brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Chai

Anybody wey take me serious dey on a long thing sha

See as you just judge say I no come from north without having any idea about me grin

Reading is a skill, but reading with comprehension is an art.

#core
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:

If u we're a good student of geography, u would know of the four cardinal points and would understand that some places called northern Nigeria due to politics are actually far from being in the North.

U must be one of those who tag everything Igbo as South East and at the same time tag a place like Cross River(the real South East, geographically) South South.

Mr. Geography... We have six geopolitical zones in Nigeria and there is nothing like Core North innit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
isan:

Of course, Okputu is everything Solanke wish he was grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
The scariest thing about this Leicester team statistically is this:

After 16 games in their EPL winning season of 2015/2016, they had 35 points (10 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat).

But in this ongoing 2019/2020 season, they have 38 pts after same number of games (16) with 12 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

So statistically, the current team is already better than their EPL winning side and look primed to finish on higher points than that 15/16 side.

The truth is this.... The EPL big boys really flopped that season. They all switched off and didn't come to the party all season long so that is why Leicester's points haul was enough for the title that season but right now one of the big boys in Liverpool is in crazily wicked form that no one (or very few) seem to notice just how better this Leicester team is than their predecessors of 2015/2016.

safarigirl:
Manchester City play Leicester City on the 21st. Iheanacho will probably have to sit that one out, but it promises to be quite the game.

Vardy on 16 goals in 16 games
His strike partner on 4 in 4

Rodgers is doing a brilliant job in Leicester. He might not be able to get them the Premier League, like Ranieri was able to do the lasttime they were in such blistering form, but it will only be because of a far more formidable opponent in Liverpool, and not due to any shortcomings in a team as brilliant as the Foxes.

Rodgers can, however, take his place up there with Ranieri.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Iheanacho's Stats at Leicester this season so far

- 4 appearances
- 177 mins
- 4 goals
- 2 assists
- 1 goal involvement every 30 mins

Nacho under Rodgers is blossoming again as he did under Pellegrini. Reminds me of Sterling under Rodgers.... Rodgers truly has that special touch with certain high-yield talents. I pray this Nacho resurgence continues.

he should have up to 3 assists by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
ILLICITblood:

Mr. Geography... We have six geopolitical zones in Nigeria and there is nothing like Core North innit

GeoPOLITICAL u said, while I said GeoGRAPHICAL. U talking politics while I am talking geography

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
ILLICITblood:

Geo-POLITICAL is not the same as Geographical my man.

Nowhere in the world, is there a location like SouthSouth, except Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
isan:

Chaaaaiiiii.... This one strong oooo.... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
safarigirl:
Geo-POLITICAL is not the same as Geographical my man.

Nowhere in the world, is there a location like SouthSouth, except Nigeria. Those locations only exist for political purposes, once discussion of politics ceases, there is nothing like South East, South West, South South, North Central, North East and other such nomenclatures

U are right and wrong also. Geographically, from the four cardinal points, exists other points that gives the eight cardinal points. The four cardinal points are North, South, East and West.

Between North and West, u will get North West

Between North and East, exists North East

Between South and East, exists South East

Between South and West, exists South West

There is nothing like South South in geography or anywhere in the world, but in Nigerian political world, unless u wanna break it down to SSE, SSW, ESE, NNE etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
Lol south south but no north north grin

One of the political vices used to shrink the Biafra nation.

Mk we leave politics focus for the main purpose of this thread
ChrisKels:

U are right and wrong also. Geographically, from the four cardinal points, exists other points that gives the eight cardinal points. The four cardinal points are North, South, East and West.

There is nothing like South South in geography or anywhere in the world, but in Nigerian political world

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:
Solanke in as many matches;

0 shots on target

0 shots at goal

0 offside goals

0 VAR disallowed goals

0 chances created

0 involvement in build up to a goal

0 off target shot

0 penalty won

0 assist given

0 sub-assist given

0 foul won inside the 18yard box

Talk of a waste man, carpenter, bricklayer, morgue attendant, Lagos Road sweeper and waste of space

Meanwhile, Nacho as a master Driller and Drainage manager has shown that is the work you do to become top class again.... grin So I can infer that being a Driller/Drillsman is in a class of its own. It is one of the ways to the top unlike the Carpentry and Bricklaying route of the beautiful game which leads to more waste.

Meanwhile.... That's a lot of zeroes for just one player oooo..... grin Kaiii Chris... Haff mercy...

Komekn peeping in now like....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
grin
TheSuperNerd:

Meanwhile, Nacho as a master Driller and Drainage manager has shown that is the work you do to become top class again.... grin So I can infer that being a Driller/Drillsman is in a class of its own. It is one of the ways to the top unlike the Carpentry and Bricklaying route of the beautiful game which leads to more waste.

Meanwhile.... That's a lot of zeroes for just one player oooo..... grin Kaiii Chris... Haff mercy...

Komekn peeping in now like....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:

There is nothing like South South in geography or anywhere in the world, but in Nigerian political world, unless u wanna break it down to SSE, SSW, ESE, NNE etc
ok, thought about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Lol south south but no north north grin

When I hear some poor students of geography or half baked graduates discuss or call demselves SS, I just SHM.

U can have SSE which means Southern part of the South East, not South South. There is nothing like South South

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
BR on Kelechi Iheanacho's new-found confidence: "Since we've come in we reinforced to him that he's got to work really hard and take the chance when it comes. That confidence is becoming consistent now. He's been brilliant in training, and he feels he's a Leicester player now."

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Iheanacho's Stats at Leicester this season so far

- 4 appearances
- 177 mins
- 4 goals
- 2 assists
- 1 goal involvement every 30 mins

Nacho under Rodgers is blossoming again as he did under Pellegrini. Reminds me of Sterling under Rodgers.... Rodgers truly has that special touch with certain high-yield talents. I pray this Nacho resurgence continues.

I see he has started losing his manners again. Which kind OPIO did he give someone's father before that assist? grin for goodness sake the man has children watching na grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
OMG Akwa United finally get a win this season. And I thought I would have to become an Akwa Starlets fan grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
ChrisKels:

When I hear some poor students of geography or half baked graduates discuss or call demselves SS, I just SHM.

U can have SSE which means Southern part of the South East, not South South. There is nothing like South South
so we that are from SS what should we call ourselves now

(1) (2) (3) ... (7915) (7916) (7917) (7918) (7919) (7920) (7921) ... (16684) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Clint02(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.