Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669263 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9303) (9304) (9305) (9306) (9307) (9308) (9309) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

No, if we removed those 2 goals, it would have been 1-0 and 1-0 against us...

How can it be 1-0 against us when we scored first both times?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

When we're done with the qualifiers and he comes out tops until then we still need Ighalo

It's not by early days

Ighalo was a bum before AFCON.

Oshimen is better in all angles save for number of years grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

12 goals and 7 assists in 32 matches wey bring Afcon cup for the national team. Should we ignore this fact?

Wey bring which Afcon?
He was not the only player in that Afcon and was not even our best player to begin with stop overrating him

We have natural wingers it's a no brainier to take a Moses that doesn't have any stat as a winger over them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

How can it be 1-0 against us when we scored first both times?

Because they would have scored too...

U said we should remove Emenike goals...
U didn't say we should remove the goals scored by the Zambians and Burkinabes..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

Wey bring which Afcon?
He was not the only player in that Afcon and was not even our best player to begin with stop overrating him

We have natural wingers it's a no brainier to take a Moses that doesn't have any stat as a winger over them

Forgiveness said Moses singlehandedly won you the Europa league and premier league too, abeg na true? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

Ighalo was a bum before AFCON.
Oshimen is better in all angles save for number of years grin
That's why I said its not by early days
He was a bum that turned out to be a prolific striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

Forgiveness said Moses singlehandedly won you the Europa league and premier league too, abeg na true? grin

He didn't. I am only talking about AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

Forg.iveness said Moses singlehandedly won you the Europa league and premier league too, abeg na true? grin

grin
I weak o

The other 10 players were frying kpomo the whole time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viciati(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Emenike goals against Zambia and Burkina Faso gave us two points while Vicmo 2 goals gave us 3 points. How about that?
Emenike also gave us that crucial equalizer against ivory coast... baba, emenike was the engine behind that Afcon win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
If Emenike had played those penalties we would not be hearing this "Moses single handedly won us Afcon" talk

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

Wey bring which Afcon?

Go and watch all the matches. Why do you think he won the Samsung player of the tournament?

Can you denial the fact he scored 12 goals and assisted 7 times in 32 matches for the super eagles?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
o boy...this vicmo argument funny die.
Pls...NFF and Rohr should allow Ighalo and vicmo retire in peace. We are still trying to squeeze in Ejuke and Henry, na those old cargoes we go recall? In fact,Musa's spot in the team is being threatened.
Ighalo and vicmo have paid their dues. We move on.
Those shouting experience yen yen yen...experience in football nowadays is loosing its value.
How old are Mbappe,Sancho,Saka,Haaland,Trent yet these guys are putting up excellent performance.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:
If Emenike had played those penalties we would not be hearing this "Moses single handedly won us Afcon" talk

Who won the penalties? Victor Moses of course.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
viciati:
Emenike also gave us that crucial equalizer against ivory coast... baba, emenike was the engine behind that Afcon win.

No doubt about that but Victor Moses was the chief.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
nelszx:

He's 36 years old

Yes he is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

Because they would have scored too...

U said we should remove Emenike goals...
U didn't say we should remove the goals scored by the Zambians and Burkinabes..

Anyway, Vicmo gave 3 points to move to the quarter finals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

He didn't. I am only talking about AFCON

See you...

forgiveness:

I will prefer a player that singlehandedly won Afcon, Europa and Epl over a prospect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

See you...

I was talking about AFCON. Now, that I have made myself clear, it's fine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
mostob:
o boy...this vicmo argument funny die.
Pls...NFF and Rohr should allow Ighalo and vicmo retire in peace. We are still trying to squeeze in Ejuke and Henry, na those old cargoes we go recall? In fact,Musa's spot in the team is being threatened.
Ighalo and vicmo have paid their dues. We move on.
Those shouting experience yen yen yen...experience in football nowadays is loosing its value.
How old are Mbappe,Sancho,Saka,Haaland,Trent yet these guys are putting up excellent performance.

Loud it sir!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Danielnino00:

forgiveness grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Egbon Forgiveness. I want to ask you a simple question. Just answer it honestly.

Nigeria played six games en route to the title. How many Man of the Match awards did Victor Moses win?

I have the records here. I just want you to answer.

forgiveness:

No doubt about that but Victor Moses was the chief.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unserious: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Anyway, Vicmo gave 3 points to move to the quarter finals.

Wait! Victor Moses paid you for this? Because I'm seeing nothing in all this your argument. Victor Moses has done his part, realize it was time to move on and he did. He has nothing more to offer us chikena! Abi na him fall and dive wan move our football forward?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Egbon Forgiveness. I want to ask you a simple question. Just answer it honestly.

Nigeria played six games en route to the title. How many Man of the Match awards did Victor Moses win?

I have the records here. I just want you to answer.

Perhaps, none. I can't remember.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Unserious:

Wait! Victor Moses paid you for this? Because I'm seeing nothing in all this your argument. Victor Moses has done his part, realize it was time to move on and he did. He has nothing more to offer us chikena! Abi na him fall and dive wan move our football forward?

Lmao. If he comes out of retirement, he will walk straight into the starting eleven.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
chrisooblog:
forgiveness grin

Wetin em do? grin

I have made myself clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
I can c dt majority don't want to c d so called old legs again in our team.however my position on dt is dis
1) I av not seen a team been rewarded with trophy or laurels for parading d youngest team in a tournament. D idea of capping d age of those who represent us in a tournament irrespective of d talent doesn't seem ideal to me.
D advantage is dere no doubt (we would av a team dt can last us up to a decade) but @ d moment we re yet to c result.we av been parading d youngest team since 2018 with nothing to show for it.I c no reason y nwakaeme can't be giving anoda chance again in team despite pulling nice stats for his club,he was shut out obviously because of his age. I saw d stat of rohrs untouchable player Samuel kalu.his stat is so poor dis season.more like a Gk stat,yet he keeps getting d invite and making d starting line up all because he's young cool

2) for d oldies in d aws ,let's go back to d memory lane and look @ d teams dt lifts d previous world cup.the least average age is beyond 26years.this shows dt experience counts if well blended with d young talent.I will support forgiveness on dis. Beside dt,musa has shown us dis in d past world cup,when chips were down ,he lifted d team with his goal..Iceland and also against argues(2014;though we lost smiley)

3 if d players (v.Moses and ighalo re WILLING to come back) if I am rohr..I won't hesitate to bring dem in.dis bring healthy competition in d team
U can't imaging a Vic mo and ighalo on d bench wyle our strikers(osimhen/nacho and chukwueze) re on d pitch playing.they would naturally give deir all on d pitch cos dey knw dt once dey mess up..d next match ,dey won't smell d starting line up in d next match..dis is d kind of competition dt has been missing in eagles for a very long time..d last time I can remember such competition existed in super eagles was in 2005/2006,dt team was star studded but were very unlucky coupled with indiscipline and bad management. That team could av done wonders if dey had qualified for d 2006 world cup edition. So.in a nutshell.. I believe if a player is still playing actively at d top level and he's still willing to play for us..d door is wide open irrespective of ur AGE.MY OPINION cool

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Lmao. If he comes out of retirement, he will walk straight into the starting eleven.

Go and tar the road he will use to walk straight into the starting eleven na...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
chrisooblog:
forgiveness grin

That guy is quite a character...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unserious: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Maybe for some match due to current form. But as a coach, I will prefer young chukwueze, Kalu and even onyekuru in my team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
elyte89:
I can c dt majority don't want to c d so called old legs again in our team.however my position on dt is dis
1) I av not seen a team been rewarded with trophy or laurels for parading d youngest team in a tournament. D idea of capping d age of those who represent us in a tournament irrespective of d talent doesn't seem ideal to me.
D advantage is dere no doubt (we would av a team dt can last us up to a decade) but @ d moment we re yet to c result.we av been parading d youngest team since 2018 with nothing to show for it.I c no reason y nwakaeme can't be giving anoda chance again in team despite pulling nice stats for his club,he was shut out obviously because of his age. I saw d stat of rohrs untouchable player Samuel kalu.his stat is so poor dis season.more like a Gk stat,yet he keeps getting d invite and making d starting line up all because he's young cool

2) for d oldies in d aws ,let's go back to d memory lane and look @ d teams dt lifts d previous world cup.the least average age is beyond 26years.this shows dt experience counts if well blended with d young talent.I will support forgiveness on dis. Beside dt,musa has shown us dis in d past world cup,when chips were down ,he lifted d team with his goal..Iceland and also against argues(2014;though we lost smiley)

3 if d players (v.Moses and ighalo re WILLING to come back) if I am rohr..I won't hesitate to bring dem in.dis is bring healthy competition in d team
U can't imaging a Vic mo and ighalo on d bench wyle our strikers(osimhen/nacho and chukwueze) would naturally give deir all on d pitch cos dey knw dt once dey mess up..d next match ,dey won't smell d starting line up in d next match..dis kind of competition has been missing in eagles for a very long time..d last time I can remembered such competition existed in super eagles was in 2005/2006,dt team was star studded but were very unlucky coupled with indiscipline and bad management. That team could av done wonders if dey had qualified for d 2006 world cup edition. So.in a nutshell.. I believe if a player is still playing actively at d top level and he's still willing to play for us..d door is wide open irrespective of ur AGE.MY OPINION cool

Age and experience are overrated where performance is concerned..

The question here is simple:. What do Moses and Ighalo have to offer the team that the present corp of players at our disposal can not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
elyte89:

3 if d players (v.Moses and ighalo re WILLING to come back) if I am rohr..I won't hesitate to bring dem in.dis is bring healthy competition in d team
U can't imaging a Vic mo and ighalo on d bench wyle our strikers(osimhen/nacho and chukwueze) would naturally give deir all on d pitch cos dey knw dt once dey mess up..d next match ,dey won't smell d starting line up in d next match..dis kind of competition has been missing in eagles for a very long time..d last time I can remembered such competition existed in super eagles was in 2005/2006,dt team was star studded but were very unlucky coupled with indiscipline and bad management. That team could av done wonders if dey had qualified for d 2006 world cup edition. So.in a nutshell.. I believe if a player is still playing actively at d top level and he's still willing to play for us..d door is wide open irrespective of ur AGE.MY OPINION cool

Well said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9303) (9304) (9305) (9306) (9307) (9308) (9309) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamdynamite(m), yemyke001(m), sureleads, chrisooblog, Philosopher1979, humility33(m), Joezinho and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.