Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11594657 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:11am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Uzoho was very assured against Poland in the second half.

My main issue was his handling of set pieces. He was flapping around and missing almost every ball but I should also add that he looked more comfortable when I watched him in la liga. For one thing he was actually catching crosses and not punching at them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:24am On May 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

My main issue was his handling of set pieces. He was flapping around and missing almost every ball but I should also add that he looked more comfortable when I watched him in la liga. For one thing he was actually catching crosses and not punching at them.

I hope he comes good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:38am On May 19, 2018
Ajagun with a goal and a MOTM performance today... Another player that Salisu should have invited.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:51am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I know several Nigerians with comfortable lives in the US wishing they could live back home. (especially those born in 9ja.)

The only challenge is that 9ja offers nothing at the moment.
US is another overrated country

Anywhere Nigerians easily flock to, I no dey like am

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:20am On May 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:

The fact that you think that what I wrote is funny is very disrespectful...You lack the reasoning to connect the dots. You know of a white man who named his son Bode....A whole multitude of one white man....Oyibo people really did some serious brainwashing in Africa and I can hear them laugh their bbutts of as Africans wallow in irreparable ignorance.....No sensible African should be bearing a white mans or Arab names...I mean first name,second nor last name. I changed my name to all Igbo at 20yrs when I was still in Nigeria. Oga , face soccer. What did bearing ridiculous names like ''fineface'', ''goodluck'' ''johnson'' and what not did for Bayelsans ? African think bearing white mans name means they are civilized....ffuccking sickos!
your problem lies in the fact....that you don't always believe they're few exceptions... you take everything wholesale.... a wise man should know that the world does not begin and end in his own sitting room...

sorry me say this its like you have a domineering attitude... you think only you have the monopoly of wisdom... what you think starts and end with you only and does not make it absolute...
the bolded alone shows how you reason...which may not always be true... your exposure abroad should tell you that people do things for different reasons.... so get it... yours may just be one reason but still there exist no mono-causation in the explanation of human phenomenon and conflicts...... so learn never to generalize things with value ridden beliefs.

may be you still don't get the influence of colonialism... the language we use in communicate is not ours.... we got it via colonialism... so bearing names that drew meaning of the language is just inevitable because It is our lingua franca...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:20am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:

How exactly is the country overrated?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:27am On May 19, 2018
PDPGuy:

How exactly is the country overrated?
too many entrants, more trouble than it is worth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:35am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:
too many entrants, more trouble than it is worth
The US is definitely home to one of the largest immigrant populations in the world. Every year, close
to a million people immigrate over to this country.

Even at that, I wouldn’t want to immigrate to a particular city just because it has a huge Nigerian population. grin I’d prefer to live in an area with a relatively low African-immigrant population
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:42am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:

America is a huge place.

In most places, you do not see high concentrations of Nigerians. You can live in a place where you will not even see black people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:49am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

America is a huge place.

In most places, you do not see high concentrations of Nigerians. You can live in a place where you will not even see black people.
na that kain side my uncle and him family dey, na wetin make dem dey misbehave
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:15am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Uzoho was very assured against Poland in the second half.
In a competitive game the stakes will be higher, the pressures more intense. Being confident and assured is not for the first half or second half of the game ooo. An outfield player may have switch on and off moments (that too can prove very costly) but for a gk it would lead to pure disaster.

Perhaps the reason Uzoho was calm against Argentina was because the damage had already been done by Akpeyi. In that kind of scenario you'd say to yourself 'well, it cant be worse than this'. But in the friendlies he felt the raw heat that comes with carrying on one's shoulders the hope of a whole nation. I know it's not easy but hmmm no excuses will be tolerated at the WC ooo. Uzoho will either become a hero or a villain.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:16am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

America is a huge place.

Wey some states in the US is bigger than Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:24am On May 19, 2018
elyte89:

Idowu is debatable boss cool,don't b surprise if echiejile start ahead of him cool
I no trust that Idowu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:29am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I know several Nigerians with comfortable lives in the US wishing they could live back home. (especially those born in 9ja.)

The only challenge is that 9ja offers nothing at the moment.
Oga tbaba1234, kai, this country is hell. A country that nothing works from health care to education to energy. And the government is the biggest thief collecting money from the people and only doing one -tenth of what it ought to do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:45am On May 19, 2018
Mujtahida:

In a competitive game the stakes will be higher, the pressures more intense. Being confident and assured is not for the first half or second half of the game ooo. An outfield player may have switch on and off moments (that too can prove very costly) but for a gk it would lead to pure disaster.

Perhaps the reason Uzoho was calm against Argentina was because the damage had already been done by Akpeyi. In that kind of scenario you'd say to yourself 'well, it cant be worse than this'. But in the friendlies he felt the raw heat that comes with carrying on one's shoulders the hope of a whole nation. I know it's not easy but hmmm no excuses will be tolerated at the WC ooo. Uzoho will either become a hero or a villain.

Iker Casillas with all his experience was at fault for spain's 5-1 loss to Holland in the last WC. This is a big opportunity for Uzoho, i hope he does well. I won't be surprised if he has some great games..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 3:50am On May 19, 2018
Icon79:
Pinnick is a fulltime mugu, OK. First of all, how many of their players would be flying in from overseas? And even if ALL their players would be flying in from overseas, what about the officials, supporters club, and other contingents that would come with them .... would they all be flying in from abroad as well?? Remember, it only takes ONE infected individual to infect others!

This is how these people put our country at risk. I bet you that some people would be making money from this game, that's why they'd insist that it goes ahead.

O pari

I share your concerns. I feel like breaking bottle on pinnick's head right now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Twoclans(f): 4:08am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:
na that kain side my uncle and him family dey, na wetin make dem dey misbehave

Happy birthday safarigirl ,may the good lord bless your new age. kiss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lekan1o1: 4:12am On May 19, 2018
Hmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PenlsCaP: 4:17am On May 19, 2018
Martz101:

Bros, maybe you don't understand what i mean, his argument is always in line with yoruba sport man, why cry over kayode, aluko, ajagu and co while there are also other top performance not called like kalu, henry onyekuru and even co

Now he come up with Mutiu better qualify than an amunike

it can't be a coincident

They are always like that.. Its quite shameful.
Being biased without hiding it.
That speaks a lot about whats happening in d music industry.. The headies award and all that.

His comments here speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:49am On May 19, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:55am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:

Overrated how?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 5:05am On May 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I think that was due to the ball, degea complained about it been hard to grip.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 5:58am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:
Ajagun's goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3dQyLSi0yg
firstly dat guy dat was red carded is a world class fool
Secondly... Dat goal was a belter.. Worldclass
Thirdly make we drop Joel carry ajagun... As of this moment I don turn him number 2fan behind forgiveness( his eminence of d sovereign kingdom of ajagun). grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:24am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:

Then let me recommend two Countries to you: Nepal and Mongolia. You will enjoy your stay since you don't like where Nigerians flock to.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:08am On May 19, 2018
Certitude:

You just keep drawing up conspiracy theories. It is getting ridiculous sir.

No wahala. We are watching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 7:25am On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:
depends on who is ending the marriage.

Nigga was probably hoeing around and madam got tired (which is funny really grin)
Are you kidding me? Ogu doesn't look promiscuous besides he seems like someone who's overjoyed to have such a pretty wife. I don't want to believe the news entirely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

I doubt it because it is not recent.
Oh. The separation isn't recent?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:31am On May 19, 2018
Joebie:
Hahaha just like airing “change begins with me” jingles. Typical approach.

You ask question with a view to finding answers. You ask questions with willingness to drop a preconceived notion, with a view to modifying your beliefs or knowledge. A whole different approach. Not a negative, nit-picking, whining approach.

What triggers question?

You are trying hard to bring clean thing from unclean.

I can differentiate btw trying to bring clean from unclean and seeing seeing positive in weakness. Two different things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:36am On May 19, 2018
tbaba1234:

Iker Casillas with all his experience was at fault for spain's 5-1 loss to Holland in the last WC. This is a big opportunity for Uzoho, i hope he does well. I won't be surprised if he has some great games..
Yes but that is Iker Casillas at the twilight of a blisteringly glorious national team career. I feel the Spanish would forgive him. Uzoho is starting out. Wole Soyinka wrote a book 'you must set forth at dawn'. If Uzoho makes any errors instead of dawn it would become night for him. I sincerely wish all our gks the best. Heroes is what I want them to be.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2018
Mujtahida:
I no trust that Idowu.
na elderson you con trust...? you make me laugh this morning....
abeg idowu and aina well better than elderson....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:52am On May 19, 2018
Martz101:

Mr forgiveness, one of the most controversial member of this thread... i take back the tribalistic accusation, maybe i just don't understand you

Controversial kwa! grin

I just don't like cheating and two faced double standard fellow. I stand for justice and equity eventhough I work through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, blackmail, tribalistic accusations etc for God who knows the heart of man is with me, and knowing this comfort me. grin

So, I shall not succumb to blackmail or aggessive confrotations in the face of saying the facts. grin

You are welcome. Shalom. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:57am On May 19, 2018
Humility017:

na elderson you con trust...?
you make me laugh this morning....

abeg idowu and aina well better than elderson....
I don't even regard Echiejile anymore that's why I didn't mention him. All I'm saying is that our left back position is soft. I remember the commmmentator in our match against Serbia saying Nigeria is weak at the sides.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) (3576) (3577) (3578) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.