Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11719037 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4755) (4756) (4757) (4758) (4759) (4760) (4761) ... (16165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
Iwobi off
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
The entire Bordeaux team in this game including Kalu is ..... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
bengine:

Too be honest, our real young talents are buried in all this academy not the NPFL which recycles same old legs for a very long time..

If I hear anyone mention why no NPFL player was included in the Super Eagles list!! I rmbr during the keshi days where 5slots was reserved for NPFL players..no wonder our game quality suffered so much...

Yes it suffered so much that we won an AFCON and made it to the world cup. We only have 3 AFCONs just in case you think it is beans and garri.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
gamaliel9:
The entire Bordeaux team in this game including Kalu is ..... undecided undecided undecided

Because the obscure club rendered Bordeaux players impotent and passengers! grin hahahaha!

Chriskels, how far? OBSCURE club don nack Bordeaux apako! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
Unai Emery has succeeded in converting Iwobi into a full Winger. He now plays differently from how he played under Wenger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
19 years old Samuel Chukwueze. Thank God he went through the MRI else.... undecided

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
forgiveness:

Because the obscure club rendered Bordeaux players impotent and passengers! grin hahahaha!

Chriskels, how far? OBSCURE club don nack Bordeaux apako! grin

Lol u dis man ehh, shebi u dun forget our agreement so soon? We say make the two teams qualify, sadly Yinka is out injured. Bro bordeaux played away. Lets c the second leg before we conclude. But Slavia tried sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
iwobi could have easily gotten three assists today. if not for the wastefulness if his teammates.

btw, where is victor moses grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
Icon4s:
19 years old Samuel Chukwueze. Thank God he went through the MRI else.... undecided

Dis boy dun grow oo, he looks thicker and more mature. Very good player. Abeg Chuks go comot that Bush wey dey ur head mbok

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
EmmGee:
iwobi could have easily gotten three assists today. if not for the wastefulness if his teammates.

btw, where is victor moses grin

Man I lost count of the number of chances he created tonight even as a LWF. Emeri seems to really trust him. He was their main attacking out let and any time he was on the ball, Arsenal looked devastatingly threatening. He was their go-to man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Joebie:
We know them as Josh and Tammy respectively. When we jam for native pot banga soup joint we fit dey yan like that. Lol

Modified
With better fresh fish and starch lol

Owo deh hungry me oh be dat.

When I see these boys I no deh follow dem talk init, Ovie too, it's undiluted Warri yans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Joebie:
59 mins gone. Villarreal lead Rangers 1-0. Ejaria isn’t listed for Rangers. Sadiq Umar is on Rangers’ bench

Ovie get small injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Humility017:

so sorry if my last reply was an insult on you.
I think.... I was too harsh with those words.
#shalom

Wow you apologise, accepted without reservation.

I deh go kill goat and yes I will be arrested for animal cruelty but it's worth it.

Unfortunately there is no palmee to wash it down I'll substitute with white wine �.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
ChrisKels:
Iwobi clearly the over all best on the pitch, so far. Every touch, every movement, every pass is class.

Sweet assist to cap an exquisite first half.

I like Iwobi but let's talk truth and let devil shame.

Did you not see what Aubemyang was doing and how many goals did he score❓

Without doubt Iwobi had an exceptional game but Aubemyang got the goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
komekn:

Did u care to check the time the post u quoted was dropped here?

Abi u no see the last line where I wrote exquisite first half?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
komekn:

Iwobi is meant to be the creative fulcrum. Missed the game but I heard he was the MOTM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
komekn:

Aubameyang is expected to get the goals. Iwobi, not as much. He is not a striker.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:57am On Sep 21, 2018
Ahmed Musa's hat trick. All well worked goals, his team play's some good stuff.

Btw the number 9 guy has ultimate understanding with Musa, I think he played a part in all his goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWwCWY0KCWc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 5:02am On Sep 21, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Yes it suffered so much that we won an AFCON and made it to the world cup. We only have 3 AFCONs just in case you think it is beans and garri.

I totally understand your unwavering loyalty to NPFL..let me ask one simple question, Should we still keep 5slots for NPFL players with the array of talents just popping everywhere? Or you think it's time to invite the best?

I'm not against NPFL players but as soon as they get invited to Super Eagles, they go sign some stupid contract with back water league teams just to show they are in europe hence their invitation stops and we move on to the next 5npfl players and the cycle continues..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dis boy dun grow oo, he looks thicker and more mature. Very good player. Abeg Chuks go comot that Bush wey dey ur head mbok

That is why I often come out in defence of some of these players that we call age cheats just based on their looks. Active sports makes Black teenagers and boys in their early 20s look seemingly older than their age.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying there is no age cheating in our football system but it is not as prevalent as most people term it to be.
Due to my relative closeness to the Nigerian football circles I know some of these players (some present and past) one on one. I saw some of them grow up. I know some of their siblings. A current Super Eagles Player is a distant cousin of mine. I know all his siblings and so when people tag him among those that falsify their age I just shake my head.

Just during the last World Cup I know how hard I tried, outside here, to defend Uzoho's age especially when that fake story of he wishing his 17 years old son a Happy Birthday came up. Look at Isaac Success, had he not gone through that same MRI people would say he is above 30 years already. See also how grown Awoniyi is. I posted a picture I took when I visited the Golden Eaglets camp in 2012 and we saw how small Awoniyi was then. The fact that he even wrote WAEC same year he played U17 is a testament of he being the age he claims he is.

I decided, a few days back to re-watch the official FIFA highlights of Nigeria's 2013 Golden Eaglets and I saw how small, not just how young, those boys were compared to now. They were very obviously in their formation age then.

We need to thread softly with this age cheating accusations. As I often say: I am against age cheating and if we find any concrete evidence of any player guilty of it we should not hesitate in forwarding it to the appropriate quarters.

Good Morning all.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Else what
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2018
ChrisKels:

Man I lost count of the number of chances he created tonight even as a LWF. Emeri seems to really trust him. He was their main attacking out let and any time he was on the ball, Arsenal looked devastatingly threatening. He was their go-to man
I'm telling you man! dude was on fire.

the only thing i want from him is to lose some weight. the kid seems heavy. losing some weight will make him faster and more deadly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:25am On Sep 21, 2018
komekn:

Else what

They would say he has a 17 years old son grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2018
Icon4s:

That is why I often come out in defence of some of these players that we call age cheats just based on their looks. Active sports makes Black teenagers and boys in their early 20s look seemingly older than their age.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying there is no age cheating in our football system but it is not as prevalent as most people term it to be.
Due to my relative closeness to the Nigerian football circles I know some of these players (some present and past) one on one. I saw some of them grow up. I know some of their siblings. A current Super Eagles Player is a distant cousin of mine. I know all his siblings and so when people tag him among those that falsify their age I just shake my head.

Just during the last World Cup I know how hard I tried, outside here, to defend Uzoho's age especially when that fake story of he wishing his 17 years old son a Happy Birthday came up. Look at Isaac Success, had he not gone through that same MRI people would say he is above 30 years already. See also how grown Awoniyi is. I posted a picture I took when I was visited the Golden Eaglets camp in 2012 and we saw how small Awoniyi was then. The fact that he even wrote WAEC same year he played U17 is a testament of he being the age he claims he is.

I decided, a few days back to re-watch the official FIFA highlights of Nigeria's 2013 Golden Eaglets and I saw how small, not just how young, those boys were compared to now. They were very obviously in their formation age then.

We need to thread softly with this age cheating accusations. As I often say: I am against age cheating and if we find any concrete evidence of any player guilty of it we should not hesitate in forwarding it to the appropriate quarters.

Good Morning all.

First of all its IMPOSSIBLE to get evidence of age cheating in Nigeria. Because there is no AUTOMATIC BIRTH DATA CAPTURE. That means we rely on declaration of age.

I have been involved and associated with academies in Nigeria. And within the business model is age cheating. Admittedly it's not as bad as it used to be.

But Shaving off 2-4 years is almost routine depending on what age group.

With regards to looks I have met personally quite a lot of our youth players. Predominantly in Europe and primarily in England, up close and personal.

We have always used the assumption that hard life in Nigeria makes our players look much older. This may be true. I don't know.

MRI is not conclusive but indicative.

I look more at our cultural norms and values that pervade through every facet of life in Nigeria. Go to the local market and you want to buy a bucket of cray fish only to discover there are three buckets compressed into one. Our police and our public institutions are corrupt even out churches are not without blemish.

Then you want to say, however, where football is concerned, there is zero corruption and everybody tells the truth. That's being Delusional. If there is a way to cheat the system right or wrong 85% of Nigerians will take that option.

However, the blame doesn't lie with the player alone. But a system that attaches more value too youth in European football than actual ability . That Youth is equated to considerable monetary value and the big denominator OPPORTUNITY. If your 23 or 25 the door in football in Europe can be closed to you.

As a result many players have had exceptional careers that would have been blighted if thay had used thier true ages. People like Asamoah Gyan, Eto, Taribo, Kanu etc, etc

In Nigeria people offer judges inducement lecturers harass students and students harass lecturers and university staff to gain unfair advantage. Either with sexual inducement for females and the threat of death by Cultists.

Who is to blame ❓ that matter, get as Eéeeeeee be.

We ask for change when we the people are not prepared to change. So our change if you can call it that is never TRUE. The leaders of a people often reflect the people.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2018
Icon4s:

They would say he has a 17 years old son grin

Only some one being extremely dubious would say such a thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Icon4s:
what exactly is responsible for such growth pattern in Black African Athletes... Thank God we watched him play and knew how small and frail he looked just under 3years.Thesame guy that will fall under the slightest touch don grow into giants. Tomorrow some group will be telling us that His first daughter just got married... Mtcheew...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2018
komekn:

First of all its IMPOSSIBLE to get evidence of age cheating in Nigeria. Because there is no AUTOMATIC BIRTH DATA CAPTURE. That means we rely on declaration of age.

I have been involved and associated with academies in Nigeria. And within the business model is age cheating. Admittedly it's not as bad as it used to be.

With regards to looks I have met personally quite a lot of our youth players. Predominantly in Europe and primarily in England, up close and personal.

We have always used the assumption that hard life in Nigeria makes our players look much older. This may be true. I don't know.

I look more at our cultural norms and values that pervade through every facet of life in Nigeria. Go to the local market and you want to buy a bucket of cray fish only to discover there are three buckets compressed into one. Our police and our public institutions are corrupt even out churches are not without blemish.

Then you want to say, however, where football is concerned, there is zero corruption and everybody tells the truth. That's being Delusional. If there is a way to cheat the system right or wrong 85% of Nigerians will take that option.

However, the blame doesn't lie with the player alone. But a system that attaches more value too youth in European football than actual ability . That Youth is equated to considerable monetary value and the big denominator OPPORTUNITY. If your 23 or 25 the door in football in Europe can be closed to you.

As a result many players have had exceptional careers that would have been blighted if thay had used thier true ages. People like Asamoah Gyan, Eto, Taribo, Kanu etc, etc

In Nigeria people offer judges inducement lecturers harass students and students harass lecturers and university staff to gain unfair advantage. Either with sexual inducement for females and the threat of death by Cultists.

We ask for change when we the people are not prepared to change. So our change if you can call it that is never TRUE. The leaders of a people often reflect the people.

AUTOMATIC BIRTH DATA CAPTURE
You no dey fall hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2018
Guys how was kalu performance? Ebere eze must play for nigeria oh i like that boy playing style
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2018
komekn:

Firstly, the bolded is my point exactly.

Nigeria for today is what it is.

We will not say we will stop selecting players born in Nigeria due to the lack of Birth Data-base.

There is no perfect society any where. The corruption u always shout about is also right there before you in the UK.

The NFF or our youth coaches cannot solve the problem of morale decadence or corruption in the society. We can only make best use of the situation we find ourselves. Thank God the MRI is in place now at the U17 level. That has helped to a large extent. The coach of U20/U23 Team cannot drop any player based on mere perception. However, if there is any discrepancy in the Data of a player as regards age, that is when the coach can drop the player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2018
AIG07:
what exactly is responsible for such growth pattern in Black African Athletes... Thank God we watched him play and knew how small and frail he looked just under 3years.Thesame guy that will fall under the slightest touch don grow into giants. Tomorrow some group will be telling us that His first daughter just got married... Mtcheew...

Well, some will say hardship but when you look at players like Lukaku, Pogba and even Aina you will not say hardship is responsible for they looking older than their age. Chukwueze, Isaac Success and Uzoho developed in Europe so you wont say their own too is hardship.

If you pick an average 19 years old student and an average 19 years old footballer you will hardly agree they are of same age.

I think it has to do more with how the body system of a black young man responds to athletic exercises. Take a look at the body build of Black track and Filed athletes compared to those of the whites. Look at boxers and wrestlers too. This type of muscle build are also evident on the faces of these black athletes which makes them look older. Muscle chicks bones and what have you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Betdey: 10:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Visit on Nigeria's Number one bookmaker.

Enjoy the highest odds and fastest payout.

Click here to bet >> www.betdey.com

#Betdey

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4755) (4756) (4757) (4758) (4759) (4760) (4761) ... (16165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), vivlyviv, Amedino99(m), Truidstarr, mkrest(m), elyte89, Jojodjo, dankorode(m), Goke7, BannedLarge, mank1234(m), twentyk(m), dijon, GMBOFASIA, opes, TheGoodJoe(m), 10cedes, kingphilip(m), Marjoribanks, forgiveness, LLENCE77(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.