Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11714262 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4781) (4782) (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

We dont need adidas, puma, nike et al, to look good. Aba has some of the world's best designers. Just design something yummy laced with the nzogbu, then, we are good to go. If the Jerseys are cute, fans would feel the urge to buy them. Even in the streets of Aba, anyone putting on this Enyimba Jersey, looks dirty to me. I dont even want to talk about the Rangers Jersey

Agree with you. Enyimba should be marketing Aba. Any of those Aba factories that perfectly replicated those Super Eagles jerseys should be able to do a good job when given enough money to design one for Enyimba. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

I don't know of any such plans for now.

Reason people have not really complained about this jersey is because ever since Super sports stopped airing NPFL matches people have not been seeing those games and such the jerseys. Now that people have started complaining lets see what Chairman Felix Anyasi Agwu will do about it.

Dat beautiful pitch needs some good looking jerseys to compliment it. I like the coach at the helm now. I never liked the idea of Aigbogun then. We seem to be playing better and more beautiful attacking footie now under Abdala.

By the way, how is the pay now? Enyimba players dont really look like ragtag unlike most NPFL players. Dey look neat and healthy even with some of their crazy hairstyles, u wud still mistake them for Europe based players.

Plz Omofoma should be a starter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Agree with you. Enyimba should be marketing Aba. Any of those Aba factories that perfectly replicated those Super Eagles jerseys should be able to do a good job when given enough money to design one for Enyimba. smiley

Gbam!! U understand where I am headed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
komekn:

Thats a huge accolade that as it stands is totally untrue currently.

People like Lukaku, Kane, Aubmyang, Mbappe, guarantee goals you cant even say that of KC.

If you want to talk facts then no player can score in every single match but what I mean is that goals are part of their game. Just like Victor scored out of nothing.

Btw Mbappe cannot carry Kelechi's boots when it comes to scoring goals. Have you ever seen him head a ball?

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dat beautiful pitch needs some good looking jerseys to compliment it. I like the coach at the helm now. I never liked the idea of Aigbogun then. We seem to be playing better and more beautiful attacking footie now under Abdala.

By the way, how is the pay now? Enyimba players dont really look like ragtag unlike most NPFL players. Dey look neat and healthy even with some of their crazy hairstyles, u wud still mistake them for Europe based players.

Plz Omofoma should be a starter

Surely we need a more befitting jersey. Abd' Allah has really surprised everyone and I hope he carries this same performance to the Aiteo Cup and the next league season.

As per the pay, I am relatively now an outsider as far as the Club's Management is concerned. I cannot not say anything in precise terms but they are about the highest paying club in the Land.

A good number of those Enyimba players have national team exposure that is the CHAN, U23 and the Flying Eagles. I think this is also a contributing factor to their doggedness and performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Surely we need a more befitting jersey. Abd' Allah has really surprised everyone and I hope he carries this same performance to the Aiteo Cup and the next league season.

As per the pay, I am relatively now an outsider as far as the Club's Management is concerned. I cannot not say anything in precise terms but they are about the highest paying club in the Land.

A good number of those Enyimba players have national team exposure that is the CHAN, U23 and the Flying Eagles. I think this is also a contributing factor to their doggedness and performance.

Ur last paragraph is quite interesting. All the best to the people's elephant. I wish Abia warriors are doing as good too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
And that's why you insinuated he has none?
tbaba1234:

His experience was not clearly stated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
E be like say na only strikers Edo State dey produce for us oo. I saw Orji Okonkwo "nwa Benin" (Benin Boy) against Roma, mehn that boy is a typical no.9 with his low Centre of gravity. He has a mesmerising footwork though his finishing aint quite there yet. One thing I like about him is his confidence to run at defenses, plus his nack to take risks though he needs to pipe it low a bit so that he doesn't look selfish. He is strong with a great positioning sense. Come next year, he and other Benin boys in Osimhen, success et al could be the ones leading the line with KC Iheanacho too.

After seeing his games, I said to myself, our striking problems aint gonna last because Dude was always sexy on the ball and his team plays some good football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
Again away from Soccer but still linked to soccer.... wink

Ahead of the Final group game (today) of the D'TIGRESS at the ongoing FIBA Women's World Cup against Argentina, this is what one of the team's top stars has to say...

“This is going to be our revenge against Argentina that took out the Super Eagles at the FIFA World cup. So we have to beat Argentina.” - Sarah Ogoke (D'tigress).

Dem get Our Super Eagles for mind. grin Go get them girls!

Make it two group stage wins on a bounce in 8 games in our entire FIBA WC History (This is our second WC appearance in Basketball- last was in 2006 where we lost all three group games and the twoclassification games).

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
By the way, Icon4s, why is Valentine Ozonwafor going for trials?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
By the way, Icon4s, why is Valentine Ozonwafor going for trials?

Valentine Ozonwafor, as you may know is also a member of the Aigbogun's U20 troupe. He is another young prospect. On why he is going for Trials? For greener pastures of course. Besides, I am just getting that News from you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Again away from Soccer but still linked to soccer.... wink

Ahead of the Final group game (today) of the D'TIGRESS at the ongoing FIBA Women's World Cup against Argentina, this is what one of the team's top stars has to say...

“This is going to be our revenge against Argentina that took out the Super Eagles at the FIFA World cup. So we have to beat Argentina.” - Sarah Ogoke (D'tigress).

Dem get Our Super Eagles for mind. grin Go get them girls!

Make it two group stage wins on a bounce in 8 games in our entire FIBA WC History (This is our second WC appearance in Basketball- last was in 2006 where we lost all three group games and the twoclassification games).

Wishing them all Da best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

We dont need adidas, puma, nike et al, to look good. Aba has some of the world's best designers. Just design something yummy laced with the nzogbu, then, we are good to go. If the Jerseys are cute, fans would feel the urge to buy them. Even in the streets of Aba, anyone putting on this Enyimba Jersey, looks dirty to me. I dont even want to talk about the Rangers Jersey
they are called kit sponsors for a reason, they pay huge money to club to get rights to make replica kits for the team and fans

aba tailors simply will not do here Nike or addidas would not come into the Nigerian market because of the poor value of our currency and two Nigerians arnt mad in love with local clubsides

there is a local sports wear company owu sports there kits arnt attractive that's just it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Valentine Ozonwafor, as you may know is also a member of the Aigbogun's U20 troupe. He is another young prospect. On why he is going for Trials? For greener pastures of course. Besides, I am just getting that News from you.

He is preparing to go for a trial with Porto. Me sha think he should have waited till the world cup is over. He would make an out right move with a good performance at the world cup than going for trials with Porto B
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
E be like say na only strikers Edo State dey produce for us oo. I saw Orji Okonkwo "nwa Benin" (Benin Boy) against Roma, mehn that boy is a typical no.9 with his low Centre of gravity. He has a mesmerising footwork though his finishing aint quite there yet. One thing I like about him is his confidence to run at defenses, plus his nack to take risks though he needs to pipe it low a bit so that he doesn't look selfish. He is strong with a great positioning sense. Come next year, he and other Benin boys in Osimhen, success et al could be the ones leading the line with KC Iheanacho too.

After seeing his games, I said to myself, our striking problems aint gonna last because Dude was always sexy on the ball and his team plays some good football

Am surprised to see somewhere that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is also an Edo boy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

He is preparing to go for a trial with Porto. Me sha think he should have waited till the world cup is over. He would make an out right move with a good performance at the world cup than going for trials with Porto B

Bros, a bird in hand is worth more than 10 in the bushes o. How are you so sure he or the team will even make it to the WC. If we actually make it to the WYC many of those home lads may be dropped as Aigbogun is already courting some foreign based players to add to the squad.

He is still a young player. Nothing wrong in he starting with Porto B.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
M7even:

Am surprised to see somewhere that Yakubu Aiyegbeni is also an Edo boy?

Do you guys know what is called '' UP BENDEL''?

Bendel state used to be the state that produced the highest number of Sports men in Nigeria. Bendel state now Edo and Delta, used to take sport very seriously. They were always first at the National Sports festival. So many legendary players were from Bendel: Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh, JJ Okocha, Nduka Ugbade, Victor Ikpeba, Jonathan Akpoborie, Bright Omokaro, Sunday Oboigbe, Thompson Oliha, Wilson Oruma, Wilfred ''Avgbonabasket'', Austine Eguavoen. etc, you can even add more recent ones like Julius Aghahowa, Osaze Odemwingie, Yakubu Ayegbeni, Victor Moses.

In fact I recall in 1985 when Nigeria won the maiden U17 World Cup. There were popular shouts of ''Up Bendel''! ''Up Bendel''! in Bendel Dominated neigbourhoods as the team was dominated by Bendelites. Off my fingers i can recall names like: Lucky Agbons(forgotten the full spelling), Nduka Ugbade, Jonathan Akpoborie, Kingsley Akhionvbare(Not sure of spelling), Victor Igbinoba. These were the hit men of the team.
And Victor Igbinoba scoring that screamer to take the game to 2-0 was the iceing on the cake.

So I am not surprised, no be today.

cc: ChrisKels

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
PROVERBZ:
they are called kit sponsors for a reason, they pay huge money to club to get rights to make replica kits for the team and fans

aba tailors simply will not do here Nike or addidas would not come into the Nigerian market because of the poor value of our currency and two Nigerians arnt mad in love with local clubsides

there is a local sports wear company owu sports there kits arnt attractive that's just it

We are saying the same thing. Since those giants aint interested, contract a good company in Aba, tell them the quality u want, and they will perfectly do just that with a sexy design. Finito!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Bendel state used to be the state that produced the highest number of Sports men in Nigeria. Bendel state now Edo and Delta, used to take sport very seriously. They were always first at the National Sports festival. So many legendary players were from Bendel: Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh, JJ Okocha, Nduka Ugbade, Victor Ikpeba, Jonathan Akpoborie, Bright Omokaro, Sunday Oboigbe, Thompson Oliha, Wilson Oruma, Wilfred ''Avgbonabasket'', Austine Eguavoen. etc, you can even add more recent ones like Julius Aghahowa, Osaze Odemwingie, Yakubu Ayegbeni, Victor Moses.

In fact I recall in 1985 when Nigeria won the maiden U17 World Cup. There were popular shouts of ''Up Bendel''! ''Up Bendel''! in Bendel Dominated neigbourhoods as the team was dominated by Bendelites. Off my fingers i can recall names like: Lucky Agbons(forgotten the full spelling), Nduka Ugbade, Jonathan Akpoborie, Kingsley Akhionvbare(Not sure of spelling), Victor Igbinoba. These were the hit men of the team.
And Victor Igbinoba scoring that screamer to take the game to 2-0 was the iceing on the cake.

Man no be lie, some people tend to bed it towards kaduna because of the Babayaro brothers and others but mehn, Edo and Delta own it. Bendel dey produce players in their numbers, but they seem to be taking their feet off the pedals a bit, recently.

Modified; sadly, this defunct Bendel(Edo and Delta) no get any club(s) in the NPFL anymore. Bendel Insurance is long gone and Warri Wolves has been a big joke since Pinnick left the office, as Delta State minister of sports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

But sir I thought the "up Bendel" was a popular slogan for the defunct Bendel insurance team. My maternal grandfather was a die hard fan, and whenever they lost their match in Lagos, my dad said he was always livid. Then when he was calm they would taunt him saying "up Bendel "
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Bros, a bird in hand is worth more than 10 in the bushes o. How are you so sure he or the team will even make it to the WC. If we actually make it to the WYC many of those home lads may be dropped as Aigbogun is already courting some foreign based players to add to the squad.

He is still a young player. Nothing wrong in he starting with Porto B.

Well, u made sense. I wish him the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Man no be lie, some people tend to bed it towards kaduna because of the Babayaro brothers and others but mehn, Edo and Delta owns it. Bendel dey produce players in their numbers, but they seem to be taking their foot off the pedals bit, recently.

Who dey talk Kaduna? Do you even know that the ''Babayaro'' was an adopted name? Cele and Emma resemble people wey go bear Babayaro as real surname?

And on Bendel's continued dwindling fortunes in sports. That's true. The recent adminitrations have not been taking Sports that seriously. And maybe also people's passion to participate in sports have reduced. Our youths these days are found more at viewing centres and Betting houses. Rather than they playing the game they bet on those playing the game. You need to see how Yahoo-Yahoo and Betting have eaten deep into the lives of youths in Benin today. Benin is rated only second to Lagos in these two activities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
M7even:

But sir I thought the "up Bendel" was a popular slogan for the defunct Bendel insurance team. My maternal grandfather was a die hard fan, and whenever they lost their match in Lagos, my dad said he was always livid. Then when he was calm they would taunt him saying "up Bendel "

Ehen? Bendel Insurance was a Bendel Team na. They shout ''Up Bende'' (The ''l'' is even silent) for any thing that promotes Bendelites.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Who dey talk Kaduna? Do you even know that the ''Babayaro'' was an adopted name? Cele and Emma resemble people wey go bear Babayaro as real surname?

And on Bendel's continued dwindling fortunes in sports. That's true. The recent adminitrations have not been taking Sports that seriously. And maybe also people's passion to participate in sports have reduced. Our youths these days are found more at viewing centres and Betting houses. Rather than they playing the game they bet on those playing the game. You need to see how Yahoo-Yahoo and Betting have eaten deep into the lives of youths in Benin today. Benin is rated only second to Lagos in these two activities.

Error
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Bro, Kaduna dun produce some great footballers for Eagles oo. Yes I know the Irokas adopted the name "babayaro" even though they are originally from Imo State, but they are Kaduna boys just as Obi Mikel is a Jos boy. Remember this discussion emanated from Orji Okonkwo as a Benin boy.

About the dying desire to tap leather presently in Edo and Delta, mehn it is painful. Even Owerri dun dey turn to Haven for YAHOO - YAHOO. Lagos has never really been useful to the super eagles despite the population. We can count the players from there, and they were bang average at best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Bro, Kaduna dun produce some great footballers for Eagles oo. Yes I know the Irokas adopted the name "babayaro" even though they are originally from Imo State, but they are Kaduna boys just as Obi Mikel is a Jos boy. Remember this discussion emanated from Orji Okonkwo as a Benin boy.

About the dying desire to tap leather presently in Edo and Delta, mehn it is painful. Even Owerri dun dey turn to Haven for YAHOO - YAHOO.

Apart from the Babayaros and may be Amokachi, which other player(s) started from Kaduna?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
The Investor at Egypt, Pyramid FC has withdrawn his investment. Players bought will be sold.

Azubuike Okechukwu would be looking for a new club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
The venue for Nigeria's clash with Libya has been changed back to Uyo once again.

Apparently, the Kaduna stadium wasn't ready

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
safarigirl:
The venue for Nigeria's clash with Libya has been changed back to Uyo once again.

Halleluayh !! I dont know what they were thinking before?

They want to sacrifice the good performance of the boys for what ever selfish agenda that made them want to move the game to Kaduna. I am sure Rohr must have rejected that pitch. Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Apart from the Babayaros and may be Amokachi, which other player(s) started from Kaduna?

Victor Moses, tijani and haruna babangida, rashidi yekini, ambrose Efe et al
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Victor Moses, tijani and haruna babangida, rashidi yekini, ambrose Efe et al

Victor Moses na Benin him grow. No be Kaduna. Forget that thing he told the international press. I sabi him reach him Papa House for Benin.

See this your list the number of players wey from Anioma alone or Ajegunle long pass that one o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
safarigirl:

i can kiss u for this..... Best news for me this week cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4781) (4782) (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iview1, Christinu2 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.