Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11733964 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5234) (5235) (5236) (5237) (5238) (5239) (5240) ... (16173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
i heard he have signed a pre contact with benfica
ChrisKels:

Yes bro, especially if he leaves for any of those German clubs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:49am On Dec 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2018
House, any highlight of Samuel Chukwueze's goal?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2018
komekn:

So and what significance is that to this discourse.

This was the statement you made below;

[/b]"Yes exactly, a relegation club is a club in the relegation zone in mid season and or just at the end of the year"[b]

Do I need to say more?

Join the dots yourself my friend.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2018
Joebie:
I think he can make it there. He is scared of no one. And that is a very important asset.

No b by he is scared of no one ooo,Na make coach use you if coach go bench you e go bench you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2018
wafu semi final Senegal 2-2 Niger Republic Senegal wins on pen Nigeria 1-1mali Nigeria wins on pen final Nigeria vs senegal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2018
wafu semi final Senegal 2-2 Niger Republic Senegal wins on pen Nigeria 1-1mali Nigeria wins on pen final Nigeria vs senegal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2018
Joebie:
I think he can make it there. He is scared of no one. And that is a very important asset.

Oya name who he will bench in that Barca squad abeg.

Let's be realistic, Chukwueze will struggle to make Barca's bench as it is.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2018
Deadline date drawing closer. Please make your votes count.

https://www.nairaland.com/4897410/nairaland-nigerian-football-fans-awards/2

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:31am On Dec 15, 2018
wayodude:

This was the statement you made below;

[/b]"Yes exactly, a relegation club is a club in the relegation zone in mid season and or just at the end of the year"[b]

Do I need to say more?

Join the dots yourself my friend.
grin grin

You have him by the balls, this should be interesting grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2018
andrew444:

My friend komekn will not see that because he is not English born

Mr komekn clap for your self

The only reason I haven't seen that, like I have said time without number. I spend a lot of time in English football training sessions, games. etc So l simply don't get time to look at Seria B.

This morning l am at a youth games later on l will be going to watch a match at 3 pm. So it is not bias just not enough time and yes interest.

Let someone else who knows the coaches, managers. recruitment staff, and goes to games week in week out in Italy talk about him. Because I can't talk about something l really don't have any inside information on with authority. .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:28am On Dec 15, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

You have only heard stories about him, you have not seen him play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:
grin grin

You have him by the balls, this should be interesting grin grin

My statement may seem ambiguous. But to be clear end of the year refers to 2018, what l should have said is before Christmas 2018.

To be clear a team in the relegation zone, facing relegation are bottom 6 teams generally. That permutation becomes more precarious when you are in the zone just before or after Christmas into January 2019.

Now you have to fight to avoid the drop down to relegation. Who will drop is open to speculation but you are still in the relegation zone.

Hopefully you now have understanding before you make comments without knowledge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2018
wayodude:

At the end of November 2015 Chelsea were in 16th place in the premier league. Were they a relegation club or are they exceptions to your rule.

Lack of applicable common knowledge.

Relegation zone is not a permanent feature it can be transient. However, if you are in the relegation zone by Christmas and into the new year January.

You are now in big problems and fighting for survival.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2018
komekn:

My statement may seem ambiguous. But to be clear end of the year refers to 2018, what l should have said is before Christmas 2018.

To be clear a team in the relegation zone, facing relegation are bottom 6 teams generally. That permutation becomes more precarious when you are in the zone just before or after Christmas into January 2019.

Now you have to fight to avoid the drop down to relegation. Who will drop is open to speculation but you are still in the relegation zone.

Hopefully you now have understanding before you make comments without knowledge.
ehy limit to 2018?

Why is your statement not a general one? You call Villarreal a relegation club, did you limit it to 2018 or is your modification only out of necessity because you have managed to have a foot-in-mouth moment and ate now hurriedly trying to cover your mess?

Is the 2018 relegation table different from 2016 or 2015 or even 2005? Or is it just the teams that are different?

You can hail your FBs all you want and rate your English clubs, but refrain from insulting clubs in better leagues than the EPL in a bid to pass your point.

All 7 La Liga clubs made it to the next round of the UCL, SEVEN, the idea that the EPL teams are better than those from such a league is laughable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2018
Meliforme:
You have only heard stories about him, you have not seen him play.
leave am.

Shey we watched Barça vs Villareal, the only Barça player that matched Chukwueze was Dembele, even Spanish Barça fans said so, but my guy thinks Chukwueze no fit bench some Barça players. Na opportunity wey person no get, no be say e no good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

He isn't even wanted, the news is fake. Between Coutinho, Dembouz and Malcolm the left side of the attack is well packed for the entire season and nobody is going to bench Messi in that RWF position. Even if the formation is changed to a 4-4-2, Roberto and Vidal can play as side midfielders so there is aboslutely no way he will kick a ball all season long except in a dead rubber Copa Del Rey game which isn't even a guarantee because this young lad that was also the best player in Villarreal not long ago will take that spot, Denis Suarez who coincidentally was touted as a big talent from Villarreal as well.

Barca is in the market for defenders and then De Jong of PSV, Samu is not even in anywhere close to the Barca transfer list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46am On Dec 15, 2018
I don't think Villarreal will agree to Chukwueze playing 2 tournaments. But I still would rather Samu play with the U20s next summer. It would be much better for his development and plus if I were Paul Aigbogun I no go gree at all. I swear I fit fight Rohr for that kind player o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:
leave am.

Shey we watched Barça vs Villareal, the only Barça player that matched Chukwueze was Dembele, even Spanish Barça fans said so, but my guy thinks Chukwueze no fit bench some Barça players. Na opportunity wey person no get, no be say e no good

Haba Sister, make una no dey carry this kind sentiment dey talk na. So Samu will bench Coutinho and Malcolm? Malcolm no offence will send Samu to Barca B. Do you know that a couple of years ago Denis Suarez was also the best player in Villarreal? He is currently struggling to even play Copa Del Rey games, having watched both I can tell you categorically that Samu is not better than Denis Suarez so how exactly will he bench anybody there?

Wait for the record eh. Barca's front three has Messi and Suarez and then either of Ousmane or Cout with Malcom on the bench and Suarez picking up the odd minute every now and then, who among these five guys will he bench? No offence but even Carlos Alena of Barca B is a better player and I don't mean that as an insult to Samu's talent but we need to face reality na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2018
Mickael2:

Haba Sister, make una no dey carry this kind sentiment dey talk na. So Samu will bench Coutinho and Malcolm? Malcolm no offence will send Samu to Barca B. Do you know that a couple of years ago Denis Suarez was also the best player in Villarreal? He is currently struggling to even play Copa Del Rey games, having watched both I can tell you categorically that Samu is not better than Denis Suarez so how exactly will he bench anybody there?

Wait for the record eh. Barca's front three has Messi and Suarez and then either of Ousmane or Cout with Malcom on the bench and Suarez picking up the odd minute every now and then, who among these five guys will he bench? No offence but even Carlos Alena of Barca B is a better player and I don't mean that as an insult to Samu's talent but we need to face reality na
where were Malcolm and Countinho when Samu was running riot at the left flank?

Did you watch the game?

I watched the game, I am saying what I know and saw. What are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2018
Mickael2:

He isn't even wanted, the news is fake. Between Coutinho, Dembouz and Malcolm the left side of the attack is well packed for the entire season and nobody is going to bench Messi in that RWF position. Even if the formation is changed to a 4-4-2, Roberto and Vidal can play as side midfielders so there is aboslutely no way he will kick a ball all season long except in a dead rubber Copa Del Rey game which isn't even a guarantee because this young lad that was also the best player in Villarreal not long ago will take that spot, Denis Suarez who coincidentally was touted as a big talent from Villarreal as well.

Barca is in the market for defenders and then De Jong of PSV, Samu is not even in anywhere close to the Barca transfer list

Oga u are not the coach so stop all this long talk. The same coach that Aleix Vidal scored a goal for in el clasico, abeg anything can happen in football. I am not saying he is going to Barca but sure he is good enough to get mentioned with the club. Are u telling me Munir El Haddadi is a world beater?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Oga u are not the coach so stop all this long talk. The same coach that Aleix Vidal scored a goal for in el clasico, abeg anything can happen in football. I am not saying he is going to Barca but sure he is good enough to get mentioned with the club. Are u telling me Munir El Haddadi is a world beater?
look at how he is saying with confidence that he isn't even wanted, as if he is Barcelona's chief scout.

He just dey reel names like say he and Barça president dey go the same church and he sabi everybody wey dem dey find.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I am not exactly sure I understand what Vidal scoring in El Classico has anything to do with what I said.

By the way no respectable news outlet mentioned the news so there you have it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:

Did you watch the game?

How do you even talk football? Coutinho was out injured, was Malcom supposed to bench Messi or am I missing something? Do you think that if Malcom and Countinho are in Villarreal they will miss a single minute of action? The comparison is ridiculous by the way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:
look at how he is saying with confidence that he isn't even wanted, as if he is Barcelona's chief scout.

He just dey reel names like say he and Barça president dey go the same church and he sabi everybody wey dem dey find.

Actually Abidal is the one in charge of transfers and not the president.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mickael2:

How do you even talk football? Coutinho was out injured, was Malcom supposed to bench Messi or am I missing something? Do you think that if Malcom and Countinho are in Villarreal they will miss a single minute of action? The comparison is ridiculous by the way

It is you who brought up th comparison, so, feel free to call it what you will.

A player who managed to outshine Messi when he had to face him, and you are here shouting Coutinho and Malcolm, somebody showed up the master and you are telling us his subordinates would have done better. I agree, ridiculous comparison.

Let us talk of who was on the pitch and leave out those who could not be found when the battle began.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mickael2:

Actually Abidal is the one in charge of transfers and not the president.
so, Abidal does not run anything by the President? So, the President gets news about who the team plans to sign at the same time fans get the news?

Is that how you think establishments are run? undecided

Anyway, my point has been passed. You are not in any position to tell us what news is fake and what is legit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:

Did you watch the game?

My sister we don't judge football in such way okay

Chukwueze can only make Barca b at best ,make we just stop this thing jor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
andrew444:

My sister we don't judge football in such way okay

Chukwueze can only make Barca b at best ,make we just stop this thing jor
that one is your business.

The news says Barcelona is looking into him, whether it is A or B is none of my business, I don't even believe the news or care about it, but I do believe some people need to stop acting glum on this thread as if they know jack.

If you are not in Barcelona's board, you are not in any position to filter the news or start telling us where they want to use anybody. Pesin no even get one certificate regarding football, but Na self-acclaimed expert

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
safarigirl:
leave am.

Sister see what you said here, that he can bench some Barca players meaning he is better than them, I mean you can't bench somebody that is better than you so who started the comparison?
safarigirl:

It is you who brought up th comparison, so, feel free to call it what you will.

A player who managed to outshine Messi when he had to face him, and you are here shouting Coutinho and Malcolm, somebody showed up the master and you are telling us his subordinates would have done better. I agree, ridiculous comparison.

Let us talk of who was on the pitch and leave out those who could not be found when the battle began.

Those players were not on the pitch because they are Barca players, Denis Suarez and Malcom will make the Villarreal team with their eyes closed. I am trying as much as I can to ignore that part containing Messi because it is absolutely ridiculous, how did he outshine Messi who had an assist to boot? I was starting to believe that my memory of the game might be a bit hazy but then please visit this link

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/barcelona-5-1-villareal-player-ratings

Samu Castillejo: 5/10This was again a game to forget for Castillejo, who has been one of Villarreal's better players this season, barring this fixture. He struggled to cause too many problems and his final passes were poor. He failed to provide any end product as the yellow submarines struggled to score.Rodri: 6/10
Just in case you don't want to open it. If I remember correctly he was okay in the first ten minutes or so then faded badly dropping from a rating of 7 or so to almost 5, how is that him outshining Messi? Even Alena came in, let us not be blinded by useless sentiments please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mickael2:

Na u injure Coutinho?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Na u injure Coutinho?
lol....

Mickael2, you no even watch match grin grin

Countinho was injured by Samu's pace perhaps cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5234) (5235) (5236) (5237) (5238) (5239) (5240) ... (16173) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, 2innocent(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.