Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698908 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5556) (5557) (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Pocchetino or Zidane who would you choose?

Has the NFF sacked Rohr?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
Icon4s:

It is comment like this that often stir up bad blood on this thread.

Please let's be factual and do our analysis without ethnic sentiments.

I don't care about where the bulk of the players are from cos that is not important. Now talking about their ages, the team is a mixture of youth and experience. In women's Football players get better with age. A large percentage of those players are products of our U20 teams from 2011 to 2017. That means they are mostly in their 20s.

And to ur last sentence, nothing like seggregation. The coach chooses who we wants to include in his team. Thank God the coach is a Swede and not a Nigerian.

U get time to quote such a stupid post. If e too pain him, make him sue the coaches. Ask the guy to name one single young Nigerian female player knocking at the Falcons' door, him no fit. Him think say na to dey open mouth like hungry karuwa dey open leg for brothel dey talk rubbish? Shebi him say Ini Umotong was short out? grin Too many misguided fellows dun dey infest this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
Icon4s:

The ones you call the Oldies are the back bones of that team. Take them out and that team will crumble. Not as if their are many quality young players coming from the youth teams. Rashidat Ajibade and Anam imoh that were included in the last AWC team what were their impact?

Generally the standard of the women game in Nigeria has gone down.

The Super Falcons camp is run like a female dormitory

Rasheedat and newcomers have to serve the Chikwelu, Oparanozie, Ebi clique

I know what I'm talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Icon4s:

Has the NFF sacked Rohr?

Its just a sporting question
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I don't know why we are getting sentimental because it's Iheanacho. If I were criticizing Morata or Lukaku or even Ighalo, majority of people here would have no issues with it. Can't we be unbiased for once?.

Anyways, mark my words, and bookmark this post, Iheanacho will be in China very soon. You know this, I know this, so let's stop pretending. It's no use sugarcoating he truth. Let's just pray to the God of soccer to provide us with new striking options (preferably FB's playing under thier real ages), but as for Iheanacho, I'm afraid there's no hope.

No vex, Whats ur discipline and Whats ur current GP like? Shebi u dey Eni Njoku abi u follow for dem Hill Top waga-Gees abi na Zik via Maracana? Are u the best in ur class and amongst ur peers? I just say make I ask oo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

He can only fool himself. Did u not see the question I asked him yesterday when he claimed he was from ISU LGA in Imo State.

Anybody can claim to be from any where buh when the going gets tough, the truth shows, just as it just did. I have always known that boy for what and who he is. I still remember vividly the encounter I had with him the day I tore into forgiveness for being tribalistic. He is an igbo indeed grin grin
I am only seeing this now. Oya come and show us the "encounter you had with me".
Who cares if you believe me or not? Because you're the omnipotent one who determines who is Igbo or not? Maybe you expect me to think like you.
Oya come and show us the encounter you had with me regarding forgiveness that proves I'm not Igbo..
I am waiting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

He can only fool himself. Did u not see the question I asked him yesterday when he claimed he was from ISU LGA in Imo State.

Anybody can claim to be from any where buh when the going gets tough, the truth shows, just as it just did. I have always known that boy for what and who he is. I still remember vividly the encounter I had with him the day I tore into forgiveness for being tribalistic. He is an igbo indeed grin grin

When will this renown tribalist get off my mention, huh? angry sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
Brendan Rodgers mentioned the young talents he is happy to work with at Leicester and he didn't mention Iheanacho

Barnes, Gray, Maddison, Chilwell and young Ndidi...

Huh TheGoodJoe undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Oops. Double post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Sorry Sir, I don't agree with ur last sentence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Brendan Rodgers mentioned the young talents he is happy to work with at Leicester and he didn't mention Iheanacho

Barnes, Gray, Maddison, Chilwell and young Ndidi...

Huh TheGoodJoe undecided

I did not see Tielemans on your list. I guess he will commit Suicide. Wait he did not mention Maguire. I guess Maguire will need another club. What about the brilliant Ricardo?

Brendan Rodgers will be in camp with all the players. Not a few of them. I want Nacho learning, studying, training and understanding his methods. That is enough to help him improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I did not see Tielemans on your list. I guess he will commit Suicide. Wait he did not mention Maguire. I guess Maguire will need another club. What about the brilliant Ricardo?

Brendan Rodgers will be in camp with all the players. Not a few of them. I want Nacho learning, studying, training and understanding his methods. That is enough to help him improve.

You said Brendan came to work with YOUNG talents 'like Iheanacho'

Anyway grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I don't know why we are getting sentimental because it's Iheanacho. If I were criticizing Morata or Lukaku or even Ighalo, majority of people here would have no issues with it. Can't we be unbiased for once?.

Anyways, mark my words, and bookmark this post, Iheanacho will be in China very soon. You know this, I know this, so let's stop pretending. It's no use sugarcoating he truth. Let's just pray to the God of soccer to provide us with new striking options (preferably FB's playing under thier real ages), but as for Iheanacho, I'm afraid there's no hope.

I can see that Morata and Lukaku are Nigerians that we will give a damn wether they are criticised or not. Please take their criticism talk to a Chelsea or ManUnited thread.
And as for Ighalo, tell me who amongst us here that was happy when he was not scoring at Watford or when he was getting benched. Who celebrated his transfer to China?

See, Iheanacho does not pay anybody here. So whether he flops or not no one will miss his meal because of that. It is so disturbing that you would be predicting and celebrating the down-fall of a Nigerian player. If am not mistaken, you are about the same age as Iheanacho. I wish you Success in your own chosen field of study.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

You said Brendan came to work with YOUNG talents 'like Iheanacho'

Anyway grin

So you expect Brendan Rodgers in an interview to bring out paper and call all the young players in the club. Na wa.

My point has been made. What you are typing does not add or deter it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

So you expect Brendan Rodgers in an interview to bring out paper and call all the young players in the club. Na wa.

My point has been made. What you are writing does not add or deter it.

Funny that the only young talent omitted by Rodgers is Iheanacho

Maybe he didn't have him in mind while coming grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
Icon4s:

Sorry Sir, I don't agree with ur last sentence.

It might interest you to know that I got the hint from a PLAYER in the Super Falcons camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Funny that the only young talent omitted by Rodgers is Iheanacho

Maybe he didn't have him in mind while coming grin

Where did you get the idea of having in mind?

Brendan Rodgers said they have an exciting group of young talents. All these is not even in my radar.

Rodgers is a brilliant football mind and I want Nacho tapping from him and improving as a footballer.

Not Rodgers having him in mind.

For now, Nacho needs to work on soaking in the knowledge, improving and with time breaking into the team.

If it works good. If it does not work, if he improves, he can go somewhere and flourish. The most important thing is improving as a player and becoming a pride to the country.

Gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

It might interest you to know that I got the hint from a PLAYER in the Super Falcons camp
undecided the same source told you that Ini Umotong has been shut out of the super falcons abi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Where did you get the idea of having in mind?

Brendan Rodgers said they have an exciting group of young talents. All these is not even in my radar.

Rodgers is a brilliant football mind and I want Nacho tapping from him and improving as a footballer.

Not Rodgers having him in mind.

For now, Nacho needs to work on soaking in the knowledge, improving and with time breaking into the team.

If it works good. If it does not work, if he improves, he can go somewhere and flourish. The most important thing is improving as a player and becoming a pride to the country.

Gerrit?

Oh wow, it's not Puels system again

'Iheanacho needs to work hard'

What difference is it to what everyone else has been saying? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Danielnino00:
undecided the same source told you that Ini Umotong has been shut out of the super falcons abi

Savagery grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

No vex, Whats ur discipline and Whats ur current GP like? Shebi u dey Eni Njoku abi u follow for dem Hill Top waga-Gees abi na Zik via Maracana? Are u the best in ur class and amongst ur peers? I just say make I ask oo?

We all know he will come out with a pass not even a 3rd class as he spends too much time on nairaland and not study as he should. In fact he might end up driving keke marwa at this rate.

My prayer for him is that all I wrote will not happen to him. I also hope he stops wishing one of the successes of youth soccer in Nigeria ill luck.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

am not understanding.. by SERVE, you mean dust their boot, wash their undies and bring their food to them on bed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Pocchetino or Zidane who would you choose?
pocchetino
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

Seriously this thread is rapidly getting filled with some witless kids, so insensitive that they cant tell their left from their right. SMH
Witless kids? this your post get k-leg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Juventus wants to sack Allegri
Wonderful
CR7 effect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
mostob:
am not understanding.. by SERVE, you mean dust their boot, wash their undies and bring their food to them on bed.

More like play second fiddle to them

I don't know about the boots tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

More like play second fiddle to them
I disagree ... what will u say about Umotong, Nku ,IMO and co who are newbies?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
mostob:
I disagree ... what will u say about Umotong, Nku ,IMO and co who are newbies?

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Oh wow, it's not Puels system again

'Iheanacho needs to work hard'

What difference is it to what everyone else has been saying? grin

I said Puel's system was not offensive enough to bring out the best in Nacho. It was not about starting but developing as an offensive weapon. The system of Puel was Conservative.

Keep in mind, I said I was okay with Nacho sitting on the bench and learning from Pep. But I was not okay with it under Puel's system. Even if Nacho got chances, the system was not ideal for him to blossom.

Now he is under Rodgers, today Rodgers pointed out that he was going to raise the tempo of the team and increase the intensity of their play.

This would be done on the training pitch before being impacted during games. This will create the ideal environment for Nacho to improve.

It is totally different for you to say Nacho must improve. There are conditions that go with improving.

Under Rodgers, we will see improvement when Nacho plays because of the ideal system that suits him and the intense training conditions.

Finito.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5556) (5557) (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordofstrings, Danielnino00(m), samtol4(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.