Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11724534 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5653) (5654) (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
I foresee sweet tears for SA.

Modified : Percy Tau just told me to STFU.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of a 21st century, modernized footballing stadium built by Tottenham. It just broke ground today. The fact that a nation abound with oil wealth cannot build anything near this caliber is beyond me.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
South Africa is going to Egypt

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
ChrisKels:
Amunike doing his thing while a certain scam full of excuses is here taking our beloved super eagles to the grave.

Could Rohr have done with this Tanzanian bunch, what Amunike just did? Na to to dey give us excuses upon excuses all the time. If u blv Rohr is gonna take this super eagles to any positive height, then, u need a lobotomy.

The only reason rohr is in charge is because he qualified us yo adcon and WC without too much to worry. But that is where it ends for him.

Our AFCON may just end up like the last WC if certain changes to style and squad aren't made

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2019
Libya Bleep up. I wanted to see bafana bafana tears tonight. Anyway, they are easy for us to beat incase we meet at the Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
elyte89:

Cut rohr.some slacks abeg,dis same man has qualified u twice to a competition wout punching calculators;furthermore a competition u av last participated 6years ago..less I forget,amumike failed to.qualify our "suppose star studded u-20 team to U-20 world cup undecided

Bro, i would rather qualify last minute and have a very good tournament than qualify good and flop at the tournament proper.

Its painful to be hyped by pundits only to dash people hope when the games start. That's rohr for you and it seems the dude is impervious to learning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of a 21st century, modernized footballing stadium built by Tottenham. It just broke ground today. The fact that a nation abound with oil wealth cannot build anything near this caliber is beyond me.

If Tottenham players could play excellently on any pitch they wouldn't have bothered building this edifice. Make some of us receive sense abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Is Naby Keira a flop? Thoughts?

Liverpool set to take £10m loss on flop Keita and will try to ship him back to Germany in summer
Keita arrived on Merseyside from RB Leipzig with a huge reputation, but the midfielder has struggled to make an impact and a quick return to Germany could be on the cards

By Warren Haughton
24th March 2019, 2:30 pmUpdated: 24th March 2019, 6:06 pm

LIVERPOOL are ready to cut their losses on flop Naby Keita, according to reports.

After waiting 12 months, Jurgen Klopp finally got his man from RB Leipzig last year for £52million.

Liverpool are considering selling Naby Keita this summer
But the midfielder has struggled to make the impact the club had hoped for at Anfield this season.

Keita, 24, has failed to score in his 27 games, and with James Milner, Fabinho and Giorginio Wijnaldum ahead of him, Klopp is pondering letting him go this summer, claim teamtalk.

Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are ready to take the Guinea international back to Germany where he gained his reputation as one the most exciting midfield operators in Europe.

Liverpool are prepared to take a £10m hit on Keita with both German sides already in talks with the player’s representatives about a return to the Bundesliga.

Meanwhile, Juventus are prepared to offer Paulo Dybala as part of an incredible £175m deal to land Mo Salah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Baba our problem is corruption, not lack of funds.

when the tell us the amount that completed that satdium, you might be surprised that the amount that build that Tottenham stadium is less than the amount that build the uyo stadium by almost half

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
So South Africa is going to the AFCON afterall

Their investments are beginning to pay off

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
Abeg make una chill on this anti-rohr campaign... It's totally unfair and unfounded... Shey na because una qualify with a game to spare, maybe na when una start permutations, and start to watch games with high b.p na Im una go appreciate..

no be the Same indigenous coaches dey the two previous times we didn't qualify, yinmu.. This is just a baseless smear campaign to be honest..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
timay:

Baba our problem is corruption, not lack of funds.

when the tell us the amount that completed that satdium, you might be surprised that the amount that build that Tottenham stadium is less than the amount that build the uyo stadium by almost half

I swear. The amount budgeted for the Asaba stadium may even be more than the money used to build this Tottenham stadium.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:
This stadium cost about £1.2 billion. Nigeria as a country cannot afford such a white elephant project when no state in the country can afford to supply citizens with portable water.

#barryseal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
darkelf:

Bro, i would rather qualify last minute and have a very good tournament than qualify good and flop at the tournament proper.

Its painful to be hyped by pundits only to dash people hope when the games start. That's rohr for you and it seems the dude is impervious to learning.

Its because u guys has failed to face d reality dt super eagles team players/personnel is bang average,rohr too has its own obvious technical deficiencies wc is normal been a Human but with dis present players/talent we av @ our disposal can only give us what we re getting @ d moment, he qualified us to d world cup..yes..he has passed in dt aspect,tournament proper we failed to qualify to d next stage(2nd round), aw re we sure amunike will qualify us from a group of algeria,cameroun and zambia,let alone of playing @ d world cup,cos i can some peeps here saying he can do better with dis team,d question is can u please give us a name of a coach who can achieve more dan what rohr is presently doing with dis set of average players? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
Leave them bros make them dey rant. Even if Rohr wins afcon I no dey expect them to give am kudos.
Dannyxy:
Abeg make una chill on this anti-rohr campaign... It's totally unfair and unfounded... Shey na because una qualify with a game to spare, maybe na when una start permutations, and start to watch games with high b.p na Im una go appreciate..

no be the Same indigenous coaches dey the two previous times we didn't qualify, yinmu.. This is just a baseless smear campaign to be honest..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Yes, as long as he doesn’t turn 23 BEFORE January 1st
BascoVanVeli:
Can a player born in 27 January 1997 play in the olympics?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ok sorry u don already answer
Icon4s:

Yes. Next Olympics is for players born not before 1st January 1997. So any player born any time in 1997 or after is elligible.

You don unearth one player for us? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2019
9ja football fans lmao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
I just finished watching clips of Tanzania vs Uganda match.....most of the exciting moves by Tanzania were from the wings....

By the way.. our u23 will qualify...last minute goal loading

Ghana is on the rise ooo....her u23 team scored the highest number of goals oooo and senior team won too

Akwaaba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
gamaliel9:
I just finished watching clips of Tanzania vs Uganda match.....most of the exciting moves by Tanzania were from the wings....

By the way.. our u23 will qualify...last minute goal loading

Ghana is on the rise ooo....her u23 team scored the highest number of goals oooo and senior team won too

Akwaaba

Akwaaba! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Because of our turn-by-turn mentality. Sadly many Nigerians have this mentality.
Danielnino00:

Most African countries have only one standard stadium they use for their national team and they maintain them well... I dunno why the NFF can't stick to one stadium for major super eagles games...From Lagos to Abuja to Calabar to Uyo and now Asaba with unnecessary stop by in Kaduna and Kano... its affecting the team...
My problem with that Asaba stadium isn't exactly the pitch size but the state of the grass... I'm confused as to why it has remained that way....what specie of grass is it that they can't trim it low?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
Egbon I salute u!!!
Icon4s:
Tanzania playing the traditional Nigerian way.
The way we played before Rohr came. grin

Up Amuneke!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2019
Onazi might be nearing a return...Posted this on twitter

@OnaziOgenyi

My coach and teacher, your student is back..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2019
Everything na oil? We don’t have to be an oil country to function like a civilized nation. It’s pathetic, even if we build an edifice like this it will not stand the test of time.

Bolowolowo:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
Their U23 team is their only hope now.

Sainty92:
Libya Bleep up. I wanted to see bafana bafana tears tonight.
Anyway, they are easy for us to beat incase we meet at the Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
Odion Ighalo ends up as the top goal scorer in AFCON qualifiers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
Joebie:
Their U23 team is their only hope now.

Their u-23 watched their senior team crash out of the AFCON live in Asaba this evening... its either that their morale would be low or they would be desperate to win...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, beyond the 24 teams that would participate at the AFCON!

I can boldly say that this year tournament would be the best Africa has ever seen since Ghana 2008 .. Just look at the players we would be watching...

Sadio Mane... Mohammed Salah...Hakeem Ziyech... Kalido Koulibaly...Medhi Benatia...Thomas Partey.. Wilfred Zaha... Wilfred Ndidi...Alex Iwobi...Riyad Mahrez...Percy Tau...

Its gonna be exciting!! brace yourselves!

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
elyte89:

Its because u guys has failed to face d reality dt super eagles team players/personnel is bang average,rohr too has its own obvious technical deficiencies wc is normal been a Human but with dis present players/talent we av @ our disposal can only give us what we re getting @ d moment, he qualified us to d world cup..yes..he has passed in dt aspect,tournament proper we failed to qualify to d next stage(2nd round), aw re we sure amunike will qualify us from a group of algeria,cameroun and zambia,let alone of playing @ d world cup,cos i can some peeps here saying he can do better with dis team,d question is can u please give us a name of a coach who can achieve more dan what rohr is presently doing with dis set of average players? undecided

Bros, I didn't refer to amunike in my comments

In fact, I rather have a tactical foreign coach than a Nigerian coach because of the complexities and innate Nigerian habits that undermine our football.

And yes, I do think our players are average (several are below average in fact) and many would not make the bench of mexican National team.

BUt we cannot turn a blind eye to his obvious gaffes. We don't have a reliable goalie and we don't still have creative midfielders that can create goal chances. We still relie on on/off Iwobi and etebo that has shown time and again that he is below average.

So yes, Rohr and his scouts can do a lot better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2019
Barryseal:

This stadium cost about £1.2 billion. Nigeria as a country cannot afford such a white elephant project when no state in the country can afford to supply citizens with portable water.

#barryseal

We can but thieving politicians no go allow.

Our revenue from oil in certain states should cover cost and maintenance with significant change left for other things

Our politicians just lack will and vision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
Sainty92:
Libya Bleep up. I wanted to see bafana bafana tears tonight.
Anyway, they are easy for us to beat incase we meet at the Afcon

Don't be so sure.

That's what people said about the argies b4 WC 2018

But we know how that panned out

(1) (2) (3) ... (5653) (5654) (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WHOSEMAN(m), mkrest(m), Philosopher1979 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.