Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704301 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5654) (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) (5660) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
ChrisKels:

Can u for once disappoint us by failing to be an ass, as usual? U read everything he said, the betrayal, the deception, the insults, all the inhumane treatments meted on him, and all could offer was that crap? U smell badly, for real, u do.

Why do you have too always descend to the gutter with your rhetoric. Your approach is so infantile and caustic it beggars belief that you may indeed be over 18.

If you have nothing to say it's better to be quite and you will then be wrongly thought to be wise considering your past history.

Oviemuno Ejaria was his team mate also they are in the same age range and if the two of them are not relating something is certainly not right.

By the way l PERSONALLY KNOW the assistant coach and first team manager. And l can assure you there is no prejudice.

These guys will approach matters on the basis of your performance and if that's not up to scratch, you simply will not play.

Well before Sadiq Umar came to Glasgow Rangers after l had watched him play several times. I made the comments and inference that he would struggle in English League one with clear cut devoid of emotive measured and objective reasons.

That opinion l have did not change because he went to Glasgow Rangers indeed what happened there substantiated my view.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Congratulations to Emmanuel Amunike for a wonderful qualification for his team and glad to see how brilliantly and hard they played. Wishing him and his team a good tournament.

This excites me as a true fan of Emmanuel Amunike.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by khunz: 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
Very interesting Afcon ahead. 1st to 14th highest ranked teams in Africa participating excluding Burkina- Faso ,add Angola, Guinea Bissau and Uganda, we will surely have more than 2 very tight groups.
All the best to our Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2019
Joebie:
Egbon I salute u!!!

I salute you too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2019
Danielnino00:
Ladies and gentlemen, beyond the 24 teams that would participate at the AFCON!

I can boldly say that this year tournament would be the best Africa has ever seen since Ghana 2008 .. Just look at the players we would be watching...

Sadio Mane... Mohammed Salah...Hakeem Ziyech... Kalido Koulibaly...Medhi Benatia...Thomas Partey.. Wilfred Zaha... Wilfred Ndidi...Alex Iwobi...Riyad Mahrez...Percy Tau...

Its gonna be exciting!! brace yourselves!

grin

Chai! That Benatia guy is one hell of a defender on Dream League Soccer. Guy is very good and rock solid especially when I pair him with Sergio Ramos. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2019
komekn:

Why do you have too always descend to the gutter with your rhetoric. Your approach is so infantile and caustic it beggars belief that you may indeed be over 18.

If you have nothing to say it's better to be quite and you will then be wrongly thought to be wise considering your past history.

Oviemuno Ejaria was his team mate also they are in the same age range and if the two of them are not relating something is certainly not right.

By the way l PERSONALLY KNOW the assistant coach and first team manager. And l can assure you there is no prejudice.

These guys will approach matters on the basis of your performance and if that's not up to scratch, you simply will not play.

Well before Sadiq Umar came to Glasgow Rangers after l had watched him play several times. I made the comments and inference that he would struggle in English League one with clear cut devoid of emotive measured and objective reasons.

That opinion l have did not change because he went to Glasgow Rangers indeed what happened there substantiated my view.

Bros abeg, no vex. Why is it that the only thing you discuss here is this foreign born players issue.

I know you may call me names now for asking this question but I just have to.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
klexycole:

Chai! That Benatia guy is one hell of a defender on Dream League Soccer. Guy is very good and rock solid especially when I pair him with Sergio Ramos. grin grin

I miss playing Dream league soccer ehn! grin

Though Benatia has chased the money to the Arab league I believe he is still in good form.. He,Ziyech and Hakimi are the reason I rate Morocco as second favorites after Egypt to win the AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

I miss playing Dream league soccer ehn! grin

Though Benatia has chased the money to the Arab league I believe he is still in good form.. He,Ziyech and Hakimi are the reason I rate Morocco as second favorites after Egypt to win the AFCON

Team DLS!! cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
Icon4s:

Bros abeg, no vex. Why is it that the only thing you discuss here is this foreign born players issue.

I know you may call me names now for asking this question but I just have to.

It's very simple.

I prefer to talk about what l know or have let's say a lot of the time, first hand personal knowledge.

Is that a crime

Although l have some knowledge of Nigerian football but it's very superficial and l leave comments to you and BascoVanVeli. I quite appreciate your depth of knowledge too.

Bit dissapointed I mean the bold, tell me one person l have called derogatory names on this thread. It's simply not what l would do

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
klexycole:

Team DLS!! cheesy

Kids play FIFA

men play PES

Legends play Dream league soccer cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

Kids play FIFA

men play PES

Legends play Dream league soccer cheesy

Hahaha! grin Let them FIFA guys catch you. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
darkelf:

We can but thieving politicians no go allow.

Our revenue from oil in certain states should cover cost and maintenance with significant change left for other things

Our politicians just lack will and vision

£1.2B is roughly the monthly Federal allocation of all Nigerian states put together.
Think about this for a second before the hyperbole.

#Barryseal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
Barryseal:

£1.2B is roughly the monthly Federal allocation of all Nigerian states put together.
Think about this for a second before the hyperbole.

#Barryseal

I am not exaggerating bros

Think about the figure that has been stolen from our coffers by the former oil minister Diezani Allison. Not to talk about the others indicted.

And I am not talking about stadiums in each state, I am taking about the erection and maintenance of just one national stadium or even revamping the one in Abuja here that has become a constant eyesore now.

According to this Link, https://www.africa.com/top-10-world-class-football-stadiums-in-africa/, it cost an average of 400miion dollars to build a world class stadium, See also https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1211/the-5-most-expensive-stadiums-in-the-world.aspx.

Now see a telegraph article on the amount stolen from our coffers by corrupt politicians since Abacha https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/1492781/220bn-stolen-by-Nigerias-corrupt-rulers.html (over 220billion pounds). See also the wikipedia article that states that Sanusi lamido warned GEJ about failure to remit 20 billion dollars from excess crude sales;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Nigeria.

Also, see how they shared our money like it was their family heirloom
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/pulse-list-11-corruption-cases-that-shocked-nigerians-in-2016/f6p8why

It's easy to post memes but mind you, I spoke with facts. Hope you get my drift now bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 25, 2019
Should Amuneke coach the Eagles?? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 12:13am On Mar 25, 2019
dream league defenders are so awful if u are not careful u can break your phone
klexycole:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:34am On Mar 25, 2019
How's the seeds for the draw gonna be like
Will Nigeria be a top seed with Egypt and 4 other countries in pot 1?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:30am On Mar 25, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I swear. The amount budgeted for the Asaba stadium may even be more than the money used to build this Tottenham stadium.
Spuds stadium cost £1bn ooo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:45am On Mar 25, 2019
Remember, i talked about NFF talking to some players about switching.

Well 3 German born Nigerians have agreed and have obtained their passports.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:48am On Mar 25, 2019
tbaba1234:
Remember, i talked about NFF talking to some players about switching.

Well 3 German born Nigerians have agreed and have obtained their passports.

Who are they bro?. This is good news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Clementoke:

Who are they bro?. This is good news

I can't give names out. we will have boys from England, Austria and Germany for the under 20 team. We already know some of the boys Dele bashiru, bennets, etc.

The German boys were facilitated by Gernot Rohr. It might be too early to start calling names until switch is complete.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:44am On Mar 25, 2019
Three German-Nigerian Teens Get Nigerian Passport After Agreeing To Commit To Nigeria U20

The Nigeria U20 team will likely parade three players who are eligible to play for Germany at the World Youth Championship in Poland according to coach of the team Paul Aigbogun, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

In an exclusive interview with this portal, Aigbogun said he has succeeded in convincing three players who have featured for Germany at youth level to switch allegiance to Nigeria ahead of the World Youth Championship in Poland.

Already the trio have already received a Nigerian passport given them the all clear to play for the Flying Eagles, something which the coach says has given him options in various departments of his team.

” I’ve been doing a lot of traveling lately and during my trip to Germany, I met some players of Nigerian heritage and we had fruitful talks. Some of them instantly jumped at the idea while others want to gauge their future with German before deciding on a switch or not”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Three of the players who have agreed to the switch have already acquired their Nigerian passport. I’ve to thank coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr for his assistance. He spoke with the parents of some of the lads and that made it easy for them to accept”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/03/24/three-german-nigerian-teens-get-nigerian-passport-after-agreeing-to-commit-to-nigeria-u20/

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:46am On Mar 25, 2019
” I’ve been doing a lot of traveling lately and during my trip to Germany, I met some players of Nigerian heritage and we had fruitful talks. Some of them instantly jumped at the idea while others want to gauge their future with German before deciding on a switch or not”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Three of the players who have agreed to the switch have already acquired their Nigerian passport. I’ve to thank coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr for his assistance. He spoke with the parents of some of the lads and that made it easy for them to accept”.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:41am On Mar 25, 2019
Arsenal are ready to dip into the lower leagues for a new addition.

The Mirror says the Gunners have entered the hunt for Charlton starlet Joe Aribo.

The Gunners have had Addicks academy product Aribo, 22, watched a number of times this season.

And they have seen enough to add him to the list of players on their radar for this summer.

Composed, tall, left-footed midfielder Aribo has been Charlton's standout player this term, helping him catch Arsenal's eye.

He has made 28 appearances and chipped in with six goals for the League One promotion chasers.

Aribo is out of contract at the end of the season which will only increase his appeal as he will be available to the Gunners for a small compensation fee because of his age.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/charlton-starlet-joe-aribo-on-arsenal-radar-4274043#sTyu15kbxaYqfLQR.99

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MduZA: 4:22am On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:
So South Africa is going to the AFCON afterall

Their investments are beginning to pay off

Which/what investments?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 6:40am On Mar 25, 2019
darkelf:

I am not exaggerating bros

Think about the figure that has been stolen from our coffers by the former oil minister Diezani Allison. Not to talk about the others indicted.

And I am not talking about stadiums in each state, I am taking about the erection and maintenance of just one national stadium or even revamping the one in Abuja here that has become a constant eyesore now.

According to this Link, https://www.africa.com/top-10-world-class-football-stadiums-in-africa/, it cost an average of 400miion dollars to build a world class stadium, See also https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1211/the-5-most-expensive-stadiums-in-the-world.aspx.

Now see a telegraph article on the amount stolen from our coffers by corrupt politicians since Abacha https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/1492781/220bn-stolen-by-Nigerias-corrupt-rulers.html (over 220billion pounds). See also the wikipedia article that states that Sanusi lamido warned GEJ about failure to remit 20 billion dollars from excess crude sales;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Nigeria.

Also, see how they shared our money like it was their family heirloom
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/pulse-list-11-corruption-cases-that-shocked-nigerians-in-2016/f6p8why

It's easy to post memes but mind you, I spoke with facts. Hope you get my drift now bro.

Bros, are you sure you know how a country's economy work? Do you know the entire 2019 budget of Nigeria is about $28B with oil benchmarked at $60 per barrel?
Sanusi grossly exaggerated when he made that claim of $20b missing. If indeed such amount disappeared from Nigeria's coffers, na village all of us for they now and Venezuela would have been heaven compared to Nigeria.

Back to the Spurs stadium, the loan they collected to build the new whiteheart lane would be repaid back over a period of 10-15yrs. Going by their annual income from the Premiership, TV rights and so on, it's a very serviceable loan.
For Nigeria to build such a stadium, we need to access foreign loan, which begs the question. Can a £1.2b stadium offset its debt in Nigeria? How much can the government generate from that kind of investment in a year to service such gagantuos loan? Think my brother, think...

#barryseal

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:02am On Mar 25, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Is Naby Keira a flop? Thoughts?

Liverpool set to take £10m loss on flop Keita and will try to ship him back to Germany in summer
Keita arrived on Merseyside from RB Leipzig with a huge reputation, but the midfielder has struggled to make an impact and a quick return to Germany could be on the cards

By Warren Haughton
24th March 2019, 2:30 pmUpdated: 24th March 2019, 6:06 pm

LIVERPOOL are ready to cut their losses on flop Naby Keita, according to reports.

After waiting 12 months, Jurgen Klopp finally got his man from RB Leipzig last year for £52million.

Liverpool are considering selling Naby Keita this summer
But the midfielder has struggled to make the impact the club had hoped for at Anfield this season.

Keita, 24, has failed to score in his 27 games, and with James Milner, Fabinho and Giorginio Wijnaldum ahead of him, Klopp is pondering letting him go this summer, claim teamtalk.

Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are ready to take the Guinea international back to Germany where he gained his reputation as one the most exciting midfield operators in Europe.

Liverpool are prepared to take a £10m hit on Keita with both German sides already in talks with the player’s representatives about a return to the Bundesliga.

Meanwhile, Juventus are prepared to offer Paulo Dybala as part of an incredible £175m deal to land Mo Salah.

Naby Keita is not a flop o

Media don start just because say no b British player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:14am On Mar 25, 2019
Danielnino00:
Ladies and gentlemen, beyond the 24 teams that would participate at the AFCON!

I can boldly say that this year tournament would be the best Africa has ever seen since Ghana 2008 .. Just look at the players we would be watching...

Sadio Mane... Mohammed Salah...Hakeem Ziyech... Kalido Koulibaly...Medhi Benatia...Thomas Partey.. Wilfred Zaha... Wilfred Ndidi...Alex Iwobi...Riyad Mahrez...Percy Tau...

Its gonna be exciting!! brace yourselves!

grin

Percy tau Belgium decision 2 player on loan from Brighton ?

Abeg comot that guy there bros ,I can't even find zaha there or Nicolas Pepe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:35am On Mar 25, 2019
MduZA:

Which/what investments?

They invested heavily in their youth teams, their local leagues and it is paying off
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:39am On Mar 25, 2019
andrew444:

Percy tau Belgium decision 2 player on loan from Brighton ?

Abeg comot that guy there bros ,I can't even find zaha there or Nicolas Pepe

The guy scored two goals to qualify his country for Afcon

The guy is now a legit player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MduZA: 7:43am On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

They invested heavily in their youth teams, their local leagues and it is paying off

There is nothing new...lets accept that they are one of the best currently!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:48am On Mar 25, 2019
MduZA:

There is nothing new...lets accept that they are one of the best currently!

You are from SA aren't you

You are still going out of the group stages tho

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5654) (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) (5660) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04, elyte89, Meliforme, Zakamori, caprikon, MegaStarr(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.