Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12472673 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) (5660) (5661) ... (16704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51am On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

The guy scored two goals to qualify his country for Afcon

The guy is now a legit player

Okay o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MduZA: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

You are from SA aren't you

You are still going out of the group stages tho

We have been there before...there is nothing new!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:09am On Mar 25, 2019
Ahmad Ahmad vision of African Football is coming to fruition....How i wish to see a score line like this

Madagascar 2-1 Senegal
Tanzania 4-1 South Africa
Kenya 2 - 1 Ghana

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
I will be watching Nnoshiri Samuel play against Akwa United today.

Btw the pitch is looking much better.

Samuel Nnoshiri is a good player. He is more of a striker than a winger. Good technical ability very good passer of the ball and an eye for goal. Not too tall but well balanced on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2019
Icon4s:

Yes. Next Olympics is for players born not before 1st January 1997. So any player born any time in 1997 or after is elligible.

You don unearth one player for us? grin

His name is Godspower Tower Aniefiok. A returnee to the league but this guy is top draw. Ultra creative on the ball with a touch softer than a baby's bottom. He drove the whole stadium wild yesterday. I honestly waited till today so I didn't sound too crazy about the lad but I still believe he is the best midfielder I have seen at Akwa United. Every decision he made was correct, he has a real football brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:34am On Mar 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Samuel Nnoshiri is a good player. He is more of a striker than a winger. Good technical ability very good passer of the ball and an eye for goal. Not too tall but well balanced on the ground.

This Nnochiri dude has been invited by Aigbogun ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2019
isan:
dream league defenders are so awful if u are not careful u can break your phone

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2019
gamaliel9:

This Nnochiri dude has been invited by Aigbogun ooo

Yes I heard something about that. He would be a good addition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

His name is Godspower Tower Aniefiok. A returnee to the league but this guy is top draw. Ultra creative on the ball with a touch softer than a baby's bottom. He drove the whole stadium wild yesterday. I honestly waited till today so I didn't sound too crazy about the lad but I still believe he is the best midfielder I have seen at Akwa United. Every decision he made was correct, he has a real football brain.

Returnee from where please?
And why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2019
gamaliel9:
Ahmad Ahmad vision of African Football is coming to fruition....How i wish to see a score line like this

Madagascar 2-1 Senegal
Tanzania 4-1 South Africa
Kenya 2 - 1 Ghana

grin grin

The nations cup was actually expanded to accommodate more countries from that Region. If it was the era of "the group leader and 2 best second placed teams" probably only Uganda and Madagascar could have qualfied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:10am On Mar 25, 2019
komekn:

It's very simple.

I prefer to talk about what l know or have let's say a lot of the time, first hand personal knowledge.

Is that a crime

Although l have some knowledge of Nigerian football but it's very superficial and l leave comments to you and BascoVanVeli. I quite appreciate your depth of knowledge too.

Bit dissapointed I mean the bold, tell me one person l have called derogatory names on this thread. It's simply not what l would do

We all know your usual words: " You are filled with Negative prejudice and emotive biase". grin

That was what I am referring to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14am On Mar 25, 2019
Icon4s:

Returnee from where please?
And why?

Lithuania. I am not sure what a player of his quality was even finding there in the first place.

New details: He was part of Samson Siasia's 2016 CAF triumph.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:50am On Mar 25, 2019
Icon4s:

We all know your usual words: " You are filled with Negative prejudice and emotive biase". grin

That was what I am referring to.

That's not an insult and or derogatory abuse.

It's a descriptive term and opinion that you don't have to necessarily agree with.

The term is used when a person anchors ⚓ thier assessment, position and or inferences not on objective measured and or substantiated facts but emotional sentiment birthed from prejudice and negativity.

So what's wrong with that❓

Or would you prefer that descend to the level of vitriolic caustic rhetoric and depraved abuse that so many find very comfortable here.

VERY SORRY THAT'S NOT ME, lt may be an anonymous forum. But you know, the good infallible word = Bible says you will give account of all your words even the careless ones.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Arsenal are ready to dip into the lower leagues for a new addition.

The Mirror says the Gunners have entered the hunt for Charlton starlet Joe Aribo.

The Gunners have had Addicks academy product Aribo, 22, watched a number of times this season.

And they have seen enough to add him to the list of players on their radar for this summer.

Composed, tall, left-footed midfielder Aribo has been Charlton's standout player this term, helping him catch Arsenal's eye.

He has made 28 appearances and chipped in with six goals for the League One promotion chasers.

Aribo is out of contract at the end of the season which will only increase his appeal as he will be available to the Gunners for a small compensation fee because of his age.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/charlton-starlet-joe-aribo-on-arsenal-radar-4274043#sTyu15kbxaYqfLQR.99

I remember talking about him ages ago.

And as usual I got dogs abuse from so many. It further strengthens much view. That it is better to be a Killer Lion in a lower league than an anonymous mouse in a bigger club and league.

Stand out players in the lower league will eventually get recognition. Expensive flops will eventually get demoted to the lower levels of football eventually too.

I rest my case, now watch the NFF start to give him recognition that should have happened before not after.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2019
Barryseal:

Bros, are you sure you know how a country's economy work? Do you know the entire 2019 budget of Nigeria is about $28B with oil benchmarked at $60 per barrel?
Sanusi grossly exaggerated when he made that claim of $20b missing. If indeed such amount disappeared from Nigeria's coffers, na village all of us for they now and Venezuela would have been heaven compared to Nigeria.

Back to the Spurs stadium, the loan they collected to build the new whiteheart lane would be repaid back over a period of 10-15yrs. Going by their annual income from the Premiership, TV rights and so on, it's a very serviceable loan.
For Nigeria to build such a stadium, we need to access foreign loan, which begs the question. Can a £1.2b stadium offset its debt in Nigeria? How much can the government generate from that kind of investment in a year to service such gagantuos loan? Think my brother, think...

#barryseal

Ifanybody exaggerated, it is OBJ who said 45billion dollars was missing. Besides, we have the national stadium Abuja which was a world class stadium in its heyday and just needs renovation and continual maintenance and trust me, the country's economy is up to the task except some thieving politicians would not allow such a project come to fruition.

Think my brother....think

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2019
Morocco already have a friendly with Argentina

These guys are not joking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Lithuania. I am not sure what a player of his quality was even finding there in the first place.

I Remember him. 2015 CAF U23 you meant. Was not impressive at that tourney.

Lithuania. Well... undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2019
darkelf:

Ifanybody exaggerated, it is OBJ who said 45billion dollars was missing. Besides, we have the national stadium Abuja which was a world class stadium in its heyday and just needs renovation and continual maintenance and trust me, the country's economy is up to the task except some thieving politicians would not allow such a project come to fruition.

Think my brother....think

Sanusi couldn't substantiate his claims. He kept bringing up conflicting figures, which ultimately lead to his suspension.
A full audit of the NNPC account would have given accurate numbers not Sanusi or Obasanjo's agenda drive drivel.

Building a stadium in Nigeria is a complete waste of government funds. The cost of maintance for the Abuja stadium is about #2b going by Julius berger's proposal, juxtapose that amount with the sports ministry's budget which was allocated #7.7b in the 2017 budget. Mind you, this is 2 ministries merged into 1, that is youth and sports ministry.
The stadium on its own cannot generate 1/10 of the cost of its maintenance. You now see why the Abuja stadium is a white elephant project?

#barryseal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He played for kano pillars a while back. very good midfielder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
What time is d game btw Nigeria vs Libya u-23, and wc TV station will show it? smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Predicted Under 23 Lineup

GK: Uzoho
DF: Ebube, Lazarus, Awaziem, valentine
MF: Azubuike, Nwakali, Dennis
FW: Osimhen, Taiwo, Chuks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingsley michael to replace nwakali while orji okonkwo may take chuks place
Oasis007:
Predicted Under 23 Lineup

GK: Uzoho
DF: Ebube, Lazarus, Awaziem, valentine
MF: Azubuike, Nwakali, Dennis
FW: Osimhen, Taiwo, Chuks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
if not now he's on the path of becoming a super eagles coach in future

Bolowolowo:
Should Amuneke coach the Eagles?? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

Same way we had a friendly with Argentina before the world cup and we ended up joking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
yeah percy tau is top quality far better than the belgian 2nd division stephen piennier with end product

andrew444:

Percy tau Belgium decision 2 player on loan from Brighton ?

Abeg comot that guy there bros ,I can't even find zaha there or Nicolas Pepe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Top quality then what is he doing in the Belgian 2nd tier?
chrisooblog:
yeah percy tau is top quality far better than the belgian 2nd division stephen piennier with end product

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
exactly!

charlesemeka85:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:

Didn't we play a friendly with Argentina before the WC?.

How did that help us?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Players' leagues do not tell the whole story sometimes.

I monitored that Tau guy throughout this AFCONQ and I can tell you without mincing words, I will pick him ahead of Alex Iwobi of Arsenal. Anytime, any day.

Dude is pure raw talent. Certainly one to look put for in Egypt.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
Barryseal:

Sanusi couldn't substantiate his claims. He kept bringing up conflicting figures, which ultimately lead to his suspension.
A full audit of the NNPC account would have given accurate numbers not Sanusi or Obasanjo's agenda drive drivel.

Building a stadium in Nigeria is a complete waste of government funds. The cost of maintance for the Abuja stadium is about #2b going by Julius berger's proposal, juxtapose that amount with the sports ministry's budget which was allocated #7.7b in the 2017 budget. Mind you, this is 2 ministries merged into 1, that is youth and sports ministry.
The stadium on its own cannot generate 1/10 of the cost of its maintenance. You now see why the Abuja stadium is a white elephant project?

#barryseal
PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations. The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

The report raised serious questions about the level of transparency and corporate structure of the national oil company.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Okwu na eso akuko
Curtisaxel7:

Players' leagues do not tell the whole story sometimes.

I monitored that Tau guy throughout this AFCONQ and I can tell you without mincing words, I will pick him ahead of Alex Iwobi of Arsenal. Anytime, any day.

Dude is pure raw talent. Certainly one to look put for in Egypt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations. The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

The report raised serious questions about the level of transparency and corporate structure of the national oil company.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423

You might want to read a more profound article about this event. Your link didn't give a full breakdown of the audit report.
You might want to take a look at something more detailed like this.

https://realnewsmagazine.net/oil-gas/pricewaterhousecoopers-audit-report-clears-nnpc/

#Barryseal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5655) (5656) (5657) (5658) (5659) (5660) (5661) ... (16704) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith, kentebemoney, superbloke(m), Posh(m), elyte89 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.