Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11712325 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2019
andrew444:

So there are no gk from those 20 clubs in Nigeria league that's playing week in week out abi ?

Na me u suppose ask ?

Email Alloys Agu that question...He is the one that stuck with Ezenwa like he is the only goalkeeper in the league..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2019
grin @bolded
TheSuperNerd:

You are actually right Mostob. Nigeria remains Africa's most consistent side in Afcon History.

3 Gold (Titles) + 4 Silver medal finishes + 8 bronze medal finishes

The consistency is top class. Undisputed. But we need a fourth title. The next final we get to, I'm sure we will win it. Afcon 2021 is a target... It is in Cameroun.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2019
dude is not serious.. he suppose don get personal trainer tey tey

leathalbeast:
Musa is a fantastic player who needs proper managing to unleash all the beast in him, remember sterling of liverpool v sterling of mancity ? whats the difference? Pep

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Na me u suppose ask ?

Email Alloys Agu that question...He is the one that stuck with Ezenwa like he is the only goalkeeper in the league..

I will still blame rohr for calling ezenwa self ,alloy agu is not the coach ,make rohr watch Nigeria league match and find keeper self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

English mangers are overrated jare... even in the EPL,they are outnumbered by their foreign counterparts . when I mean English managers, I'm not including the Welsh,Irish and Sottish mangers o.. just the ones from England..

The championship is only better cus it has more money and is more competitively.. But it's just the Spanish second division I'll rate higher than it..

Top Epl teams doesn't employ them ,apart from lampard recently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2019
Iwobi will most likely get it
TheSuperNerd:
I forgot about Samuel Kalu. I will add him to My Outsiders list.

But calm down Sir odenigbo... Lol... Iwobi is still in with a shout. That is why I say Long run.

On Etebo... There is no way Etebo will dorn that #10 shirt please. I cancel such proposal... Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2019
most def!
TheSuperNerd:
Behold Ighalo's #9 jersey will also be up for grabs....

And this looks like the most likely candidate to inherit it in the long run...

You know him.... And time will tell.

Victor "The Menace" Osimhen....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:19am On Jul 19, 2019
which keeper is now worth the mention? grin
ChrisKels:
If Okoye can not land a Bundesliga 2 club and play consistently, then, forget it, he aint worth the mention here and shouldn't be considered for the Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2019
If there is going to be CAF Nations league, then we need to take advantage of all these matches. We should welcome players from lower leagues.
The next WC on my mind. All this African Owambe don tire me.

gamaliel9:
Madagascar had players playing in 5th tier in France...unbelievable...but they reached the second round....they even topped our group....there is a limit players who play in the lower leagues can take you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2019
scored a hat-trick yesterday for his club
andrew444:

Where is azubuike egwuekwe ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Akpeyi was a starter at Chippa united when he was being shaky in goal for the super eagles... Even when he joined Kaizer chiefs, he started a few games until his poor performance came into play..no be today people no want Akpeyi for post..
As for Ezenwa, why did he keep getting call ups even when he dropped to third choice goalkeeper at Enyimba? If he wasn't good enough to start for Enyimba but he kept getting call ups to the SE..that was the issue...

Oga,we have serious issue with our goalkeeping department ..If u don't want goalies like Almpasu to be invited then I guess u are contended with having Uzoho, Ezenwa and Akpeyi again for the next 2 years...

Oga, I know we have serious GK issues and I am as worried as a passionate fan can be. But you don't replace refuse with sewage in your house if you want a clean environment. Alampasu is not the answer bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Joebie:

Are you trolling? grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:42am On Jul 19, 2019
Joebie:
which keeper is now worth the mention? grin

Oga Joebie, I am in support with Chriskels on this one. The league he plies his trade in is just too low. Bringing down our standards just because we want a quick fix would backfire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:45am On Jul 19, 2019
andrew444:

Akpeyi is not a bench warmer o

I heard he has fallen down the pecking order and starts just fewer games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2019
andrew444:

Then wetin e find go stoke at first ?

I don't think playing for sassuolo or Atlanta fiorentina will be an issue for him

Do you know what?

I want Etebo to even leave England entirely unless he is going to play under Pep or Klopp

He would benefit from playing in the Spanish or Italian League, They are more technical

Any average English coach would just turn him to a destroyer and we have enough of that already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:20am On Jul 19, 2019

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Uduokhai: "have not been to Nigeria often yet, but I talk a lot about it with my dad and have family there. That's where my roots lies, it's important to me to stay neutral .

"Of course, the German national team is the top in world football, but also Nigeria is well staffed and a big footballing nation in Africa. Currently, I’m really open to both nations(Nigeria and Germany)."

Rohr should get hold of that outstretched hand ASAP, as this is a come-and-get-me plea. Ekong is too shaky for a CB

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:20am On Jul 19, 2019
which keeper?.. if u want to get a keeper from the local league, do you have one in mind, or we just leave that to the GK coach?

darkelf:

Oga Joebie, I am in support with Chriskels on this one. The league he plies his trade in is just too low. Bringing down our standards just because we want a quick fix would backfire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:21am On Jul 19, 2019
grin
darkelf:

Are you trolling? grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I started disliking Iwobi after he made a smelly gesture to a fellow African player....Very ffoollish boy. If it was white that did it all hell will let loose. But thats by the way. I am more interested in what he brings to the table which is a big gigantic NOTHING. To make things worse whenever he loses the ball he raises his hands like Ighalo and mouth like Kelechi. Its very infuriating.

You may not like this , but ones listened to one of TAribo West interrview where he said ... whenever they have important matches one of the things they do to iriate strikers or attackers is chase them with a smelly mouth .... you never can tell if that same guy didn’t brush . ����. Believe me if u re a striker and meet a defender with a smelly mouth u will not want to pass is route again ....just avoid him like plague ���� .

If u have not brush today ... run to the bathroom and do that now

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:48am On Jul 19, 2019
lexyman:

You may not like this , but ones listened to one of TAribo West interrview where he said ... whenever they have important matches one of the things they do to iriate strikers or attackers is chase them with a smelly mouth .... you never can tell if that same guy didn’t brush . ����. Believe me if u re a striker and meet a defender with a smelly mouth u will not want to pass is route again ....just avoid him like plague ���� .

If u have not brush today ... run to the bathroom and do that now

In support of ur view bro;

Chilavert: ''You couldn't get near Ballack(in the 2002WC) because
his BO was terrible, absolutely terrible.

''He should have used more deodorant or a
lemon. Perhaps it was a strategy, who knows!'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2019
ChrisKels:
Uduokhai: "have not been to Nigeria often yet, but I talk a lot about it with my dad and have family there. That's where my roots lies, it's important to me to stay neutral .

"Of course, the German national team is the top in world football, but also Nigeria is well staffed and a big footballing nation in Africa. Currently, I’m really open to both nations(Nigeria and Germany)."

This guy is 10 times more talented than Akpoguma that is doing shakara for us(out of bitterness might I add)

Rohr should get hold of that outstretched hand ASAP, as this is a come-and-get-me plea. Ekong is too shaky for a CB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2019
jihday:
I'm sure most of you will be happy
This might be a bit of a problem short term. Might as well move Musa to CF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2019
edi287:
This guy is 10 times more talented than Akpoguma that is doing shakara for us(out of bitterness might I add)
He and Torunarigha are classes ahead of Akpoguma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2019
darkelf:

Do you know what?

I want Etebo to even leave England entirely unless he is going to play under Pep or Klopp

He would benefit from playing in the Spanish or Italian League, They are more technical

Any average English coach would just turn him to a destroyer and we have enough of that already.

Hmm,someone quoted me and said that also ,that means there must be something special about etebo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2019
darkelf:

I heard he has fallen down the pecking order and starts just fewer games

Recently ,not the type of ezenwa bench warmer when he was at enyimba ,akpeyi was bought to replace injured Khune before he started his usual error
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Joebie:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Let me just say "Welcome" in advance to Felix Uduokhai. We need more defensive reinforcements most certainly. Rohr should be able to land him easily since he has german links like Rohr naa especially with him keeping his options open.

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2019
Super Eagles GK situation

The future of our Goalkeeping rests on the likes of Francis Uzoho, Dele Sunday Alampasu, and Maduka Okoye if we take our eyes away from the local front.

Jonathan Osegoagbon Zaccala will grow into a solid option by the next U-20 WC.

Uzoho recently got loaned to Cypriot first division side, Omonia Nikosia who finished 5th last season. Hopefully he gets enough playing time and continues to improve. He is 20 and stands at 1.96m. Lad still boasts a WC record as one of two youngest GKs with a WC clean sheet. He can only get better.

Alampasu Sunday saw a lot of action for Feirense's U-23 side in the Portuguese U-23 league and hopefully can make the step up to play top flight football in the 2019/20 season. He is 22 now and stands at 1.99m. Remember he was rated Best U-17 GK in the world in 2013 with a golden gloves award. Alampasu is still as talented.

Okoye Mad' plays in Germany's Fourth Tier in the Regionalliga West for Fourtuna Dusseldorf II where he is undisputed No.1. Hopefully he can grow and make the step up also to a higher league as he is only 19 now. Will turn 20 by next month.

Zaccala is still just 17 and playing academy football for Triestina U-19. He is one for the future due to his obvious unreal talents between the sticks. Hopefully the next U-20 exposes him more and he would have made more career progress in terms of his development by then.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2019
So Alampasu is taller than Uzoho? that's weird

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Now 19 year old de ligt and now 32 year old Suarez

I hope to see pic of uzoho and obi mikel like this cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2019
darkelf:

I said my own na.

Alampasu doesn't merit any thing. We shouldn't because of situation call cow Uncle

You have to analyze football like you know what is going on in the world. How many keepers his age are in starting XIs of European clubs? For you to say he digressed just baffles me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6661) (6662) (6663) (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, kentebemoney, cromz(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.