Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Transport And Haulage Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport And Haulage Business (106781 Views)

Partnership In Transport And Haulage Business / Transport And Haulage Under Nnpc Retail. / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by rafcrown(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hi,
I am based in the UK and travel round EU countries and as well as places where one can get good trucks needed in Nigeria.I constantly send commercial buses to Nigeria -small vans and cars.
I would like to know the full description of trucks( Type model etc of the trucks) that one can bring to Nigeria.
Anybody with great experience in this line of business can send me email
rafnekan@aol.co.uk
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by rafcrown(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hi,
I am based in the UK and travel round EU countries and as well as places where one can get good trucks needed in Nigeria.I constantly send commercial buses to Nigeria -small vans and cars.
I would like to know the full description of trucks( Type model etc of the trucks) that one can bring to Nigeria.
Anybody with great experience in this line of business can send me email
rafnekan@aol.co.uk
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by uwa234: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
@stagger pls can u provide ur mobile number so that i can call u to know more about haulage business.pls an awating ur reply
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Sequoia(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
stagger:

About transportation of petroleum products from depots with tankers; yes I can talk more about that because that's the area I am conversant with. But not general haulage of goods. For that,I need to talk to some experts in that area to give more information.

Please to all who have requested for information, I will send it tonight. I am a bit busy now with my daytime work. Thanks.
@ stagger, pls could i get d info too? sequoiaholdings@gmail.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2009
hello cibilola

i believe you were referring to my post posted in response to somebody's questions. well yes you can make as much as N300,000=/month and i clearly stated what it was all about, the truck (12,500-20,000 liter truck) will be used to peddle petroleum products to the cell sites of a gsm company, the trucks will be in the company's colors but maintenance and driver are your responsibilities. of course, there's also the haulage service (longer distances) requiring 33,000litre trucks which may be more profitable but riskier, the 1st arrangement is easier because the company requires as standard equipment that all trucks come installed with integrated flow-meters and receipt printers, this is aside from the trackers you may wish to have installed yourself. for more information my mail is mrizce@yahoo.com, tel: 01 8123371

be cool
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by RyderNG: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2009
Available in Nigeria: DAF 95XF430 model, Space cab, 4 x 2, 1st reg in Holland: Apr 2001 (just 8 yrs of European use), shipped from Holland (Left-sided). No need for costly conversion that may cause troubles for you later. Please contact me by email (aba0001@gmail.com) for further details. Price is N4.1m
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kinharold(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2009
Available in Nigeria: DAF 95XF430 model, Space cab, 4 x 2, 1st reg in Holland: Apr 2001 (just 8 yrs of European use), shipped from Holland (Left-sided). No need for costly conversion that may cause troubles for you later. Please contact me by email for further details

why not say the price outrightly. am interested

kinharold2@yahoo.com 07034268732
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ayour: 1:51am On Sep 06, 2009
@ readonce

How much do you pay per truck ?
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stagger: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2009
i believe all those who requested for information have received it as i sent them two days ago. Sorry it took so long. I have been travelling a lot for a long time now.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by losinowo: 1:09am On Sep 19, 2009
Hello:

My name is lanre osinowo and I have been reading with interest all of the great postings concerning the haulage business in Nigeria. I travel back and forth between the US and Nigeria selling used Mack trucks (R and CH models) to various individuals in Nigeria. I also also selling genuine spare parts for mack trucks only as I can get parts at wholesale prices from my dealers. The key parts that I sell are:

* Engines
* Transmission
* Rear axles

If anyone is interested in buying any R or CH model Mack truck and/or bulk spare parts from a reliable proifessional Nigerian in the US, please feel to contact me at the information listed below:

Lanre Osinowo
+1773-972-9259
lanre.osinowo@gmail.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Dokai: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2009
We are in to the haulage business, the peroleum aspect. We take trucks on lease for an agreed period of time and use them to load petroleum products to our stations and to companies we supply. We pay a minimum of 350k monthly on these trucks with conditions attached. Haulage is very real and thats what we are into. So if you want to go into the business i can give you a full detail of what is required and how we manage peoples/companies trucks.

Adedokun
Yemote Integrated Services Ltd
08035884853, 08050549490
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ebinpejo: 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
Interesting Topic! Firstly, you can hardly manage business of this nature in absentia! So you put ur money where ur mouth is or find a mouth as good as urs! And this is tough! Now to business - 2 major key success factors in order of importance drivers and maintenance. with wrong drivers, the biz is dead. Too many antics to list! Depending on the no. of trucks, u'll probably need a dedicated mechanic. You should lay more emphasis on Preventive maintenance as it could be quite costly logistics-wise to recover broken down trucks. If you service/grease ur trucks regularly(every 5000-7,000miles), u minimise risk of breakdown , Purchase the appropriate spec of the truck for ur biz. Practical gurus advise u should overspec becos if you overload ur truck u kill the engine - i suggest any truck with over 350hp, single axles for loads less than 25tons and double/tandem for above 25tons load. I prefer American trucks - Mack, Freightliners or International. Apart from Mack with mostly proprietary Mack engines(some Caterpillar), most other trucks have Detroit, Cummins or CAT engines which are all good engines. For instance, Dangote uses mostly Freightliners with Detroit engines and a couple of International.
Operations - Use trackers on ur trucks to determine speed, driving habits and location of ur trucks, - ensure ur drivers get verifiable guarantors, - pay a minimum base sump with an allowance per trip to achieve targets, - ensure u do a pre and post trip inspections, - endeavor to buy new tires, record the serial nos and inform the drivers u expect the tires to be used for a min of say 9months depending on haulage type, - get "necessary" and applicable documents. Local Govts are a problem in the south so get the important emblems not all. Your drivers are required to settle police and other LG's with thier road allowance. - Have an arrangement with a fuel station for diesel supply and fuel ur truck to-fro at once. Build extra tanks where necessary. Drivers will steal diesel to sell but u want to be sure uren't getting fake diesel else u kill ur engine. Wow , getting tired!

4 Likes

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ABILAT(f): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hello pal,

I presently worked for an haulage company, in which am the accountant from inception till date.

The company commerced operation in February 2009, with only five trucks, at moment the company can proud of

fourteen trucks of theirs.

It is so profitable, but chanleges.

For details reach me on : 07040648749, 08020330350

E-mail : fasilat2007@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by lite5(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2009
We have mack trucks for sale, if interested email me: opym_intcorp@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by OpsE1: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2009
ebinpejo:

Interesting Topic! Firstly, you can hardly manage business of this nature in absentia! So you put your money where your mouth is or find a mouth as good as urs! And this is tough! Now to business - 2 major key success factors in order of importance drivers and maintenance. with wrong drivers, the biz is dead. Too many antics to list! Depending on the no. of trucks, u'll probably need a dedicated mechanic. You should lay more emphasis on Preventive maintenance as it could be quite costly logistics-wise to recover broken down trucks. If you service/grease your trucks regularly(every 5000-7,000miles), u minimise risk of breakdown , Purchase the appropriate spec of the truck for your biz. Practical gurus advise u should overspec becos if you overload your truck u kill the engine - i suggest any truck with over 350hp, single axles for loads less than 25tons and double/tandem for above 25tons load. I prefer American trucks - Mack, Freightliners or International. Apart from Mack with mostly proprietary Mack engines(some Caterpillar), most other trucks have Detroit, Cummins or CAT engines which are all good engines. For instance, Dangote uses mostly Freightliners with Detroit engines and a couple of International.
Operations - Use trackers on your trucks to determine speed, driving habits and location of your trucks, - ensure your drivers get verifiable guarantors, - pay a minimum base sump with an allowance per trip to achieve targets, - ensure u do a pre and post trip inspections, - endeavor to buy new tires, record the serial nos and inform the drivers u expect the tires to be used for a min of say 9months depending on haulage type, - get "necessary" and applicable documents. Local Govts are a problem in the south so get the important emblems not all. Your drivers are required to settle police and other LG's with thier road allowance. - Have an arrangement with a fuel station for diesel supply and fuel your truck to-fro at once. Build extra tanks where necessary. Drivers will steal diesel to sell but u want to be sure uren't getting fake diesel else u kill your engine. Wow , getting tired!

Great post.So educative.Can one get your email for further engagement?

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ayao: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
Thanks to all the people that have contributed on this topic. The only thing I noticed to be missing is the issue of insurance, I mean ‘Comprehensive Insurance’. Is it really necessary in this type of business considering the types of roads and road users in Nigeria?
If so, can anyone please recommend any reliable insurance company or companies with history of prompt claim settlement?
Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
Apart from the insurance, i will like to see these people giving us detail of how the biz runs.
Let us know what kinda trucks are needed, if possible, post some pix before modification to the truck and after the modifications
Give us an idea of how much it cost to do such modifications.
Then, we will be able to make up our mind.
Let us know how much is paid to the drivers.
How to get reliable driver.
Who is responsible for maintenance?

Please, instead of us sending mail to people and all that, a forum is a place where we all can learn from one another, so let us have fun with all these here.

2 Likes

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by chatwitken: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
I will suggest going into exporting biz and you can start with low capital. You can start with exportation of cow gallstone. You can get more details on this site that gives more details.
http://kenomie..com/2009/11/exportation-of-cow-gallstone.html
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by yinka85: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Apart from the insurance, i will like to see these people giving us detail of how the biz runs.
Let us know what kinda trucks are needed, if possible, post some pix before modification to the truck and after the modifications
Give us an idea of how much it cost to do such modifications.
Then, we will be able to make up our mind.
Let us know how much is paid to the drivers.
How to get reliable driver.
Who is responsible for maintenance?

Please, instead of us sending mail to people and all that, a forum is a place where we all can learn from one another, so let us have fun with all these here.

Someone that understands what a forum is has just spoken.
Well done sir.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Forumania: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
Hello,

I will soon be giving a free talk (POSTING) on haulage Business --- Gateway to Prosperity here in the forum. Keep login and reading freely

Enjoy your SUCCESS!
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by oderemo(m): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ebinpejo

great advice right there, many people need such info as i have been in the bus. for a while now i can second all you said.
but i am only in the aggregate side , taking less risk but i have trucks that travel frm abj to kaduna on a daily basis. nice one.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kazadu: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hi

I need trucks that I can rent for a job at apapa. Can anyone help me with a contact?

Cheers
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by manofguts: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2009
Please permit me to use this medium to introduce to you:

A complete trailer truck for sale. Details are as shown below:

MODEL: INTERNATIONAL (CUMMINS ENGINE)

TYPE: TRAILER WITH TIPPING BUCKET

NO. OF TYRES: 14 (ALL BRANDED NEW):

HEAD: 6 TYRES
BUCKET (back): 8 TYRES

SINGLE AXLE

LOCATION OF TRUCK: LAGOS

TONNAGE: 25 tons

PRICE: VERY ATTRACTIVE; AND NEGOTIABLE TOO.

FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES,
PLEASE CONTACT: Tel: 08035301022
Email: DAVIDKUKU333@GMAIL.COM

LOOKING FORWARD TO SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS DEAL WITH YOU.
THANKS.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Kol: 10:34am On Jan 06, 2010
Would any of you experience guys need a luxurious coach bus for transportation business?  it is 53 seater but with air conditioner.  you can see details on
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364577.0.html

pls let me know how much you would offer in a month.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ITGuru3: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
Please click to see how you can Manage your Haulage or Fleet business with ease https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by teddy29: 1:00am On Jan 07, 2010
Hi Guys,i am posting this to seek advise from you guys,I bought 2 ten tyres iveco Tipping truck but i am confused where to put it for good management and good returns.Please your contribution is appreciate here no matter how little or big it's.You can contact me through my email: biasterloto4real@yahoo.com or through my phone number : 07033328996.Thank you
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Kol: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
Teddy.
why are u confused? would it not have been best for you to ask these questions before going to buy 2 iveco trucks.
what were u thinking when u bought them? did u want to decorate you compound with them?.
, or are you telling the truth about what you are actually looking for here?

C'mon please let's be serious,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by demscokid: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2010
stagger,

Please so of us are just seeing this great topic started since July last year. Kindly forward to me the detailed info you sent out on managing haulage biz to me at adetosoye@yahoo.com

For all those who have been contributing - especially educating us all on this topic, more grease to your elbows.

"A candle loses nothing if it is used to light another one"

Thanx and God bless you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.