Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Transport And Haulage Business - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport And Haulage Business (107752 Views)

Partnership In Transport And Haulage Business / Transport And Haulage Under Nnpc Retail. / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by SCInc: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2011
Sand filling trucks 20tons needed asap for a big project @ lekki - please send me a message if you have one.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stildude(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
@ Basseti,

You are welcome anytime.

@ masco1

If you can undertake the operation (driving) on your own that would be very good. I.e if you can cope with the challenges especially for long haul. Most of these drivers have undergone apprenticeship under another driver for some 4 to 6 years before having a truck of their own to drive. It is a risky and hazardous job. long hours on the road, day and night as well as security risks are things you will have to deal with. I know of guys who started off as drivers, learnt the tricks and saved enough to purchase more trucks before retiring to manage the fleet. Now they are very successful in it. One guy was deported from Europe, the only property he met on ground was a small truck, he started driving it himself. Today, He has two trucks and two buildings. A feat he couldn't achieve while oversea.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stildude(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2011
Hi Cita/jo

Couldn't reply your email cos of some error message I don't understand. So, I posting reply to your message here, maybe, it will also benefit some other guys on the forum.

Hi Jo,

Sorry for not replying your email on time, I have been a bit busy. The type of challenges you explained are common to all types of haulage transportation. I would advice that: Sourcing drivers, you consider the matured ones with better driving experience. Don't take their word for it that they know how to drive, but test-drive them to confirm. Most of the faults a truck experiences come from driver's inexperience with the truck or equipment. If possible look out for drivers with mechanic background. You should take decisive steps during issues and don't hesitate to see for you self sometimes. You must be ready to go on the road to verify reports.  Regarding the mechanics, once you have selected a good mechanic, register the trucks with him if the fleet is small. You could pay something like 5000 to 10000 per truck per month. So, any time the trucks have challenges, the mechanic fixes it without charging you for labour. you only buy the replacement parts and the items for fixing them. You should also get a trusted person that has a mechanic background to be your operation supervisor or manager. The person (or you, maybe, should always procure the spare for any maintenance/repair work on the trucks. You or this trusted person must be around when the trucks go for repair or maintenance to ensure that the parts are replaced indeed.

Another thing is to always take the truck down for preventive maintenance every time. Say every week. The mechanic makes checks on the vehicle to see what can be adjusted or changed before the truck goes out again. You should have a preventive maintenance program for your operations This will limit breakdowns on the road that tend to incur more costs like towing and repairs. Depending on your distance, try to service the truck once or twice monthly with proper engine oil. Also ensure you have a supplier of diesel for the trucks, don't give the drivers money to buy. They would probably buy adulterated diesel that can cause mayor havoc.

You must also try to motivate the drivers. Things like handsome renumeration, allowances upon returning from every trip , so on and so forth can go a long way to minimizing games and insincerity from drivers. One thing is also to hire very religious drivers and also ensure that the guarantors' forms are signed. It will make them behave to an extent. Don't forget to hand them road expense allowance as they go on the road.

I hope, the above tips ( I know that some of them you already know or are using) are helpful to you.

Regards,
Stil.

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I present to you an investment opportunity with a very high Return
On Investment (ROI).

COLUMELLA NIGERIA COMPANY is a specialized Haulage services Company
formed to carry
out transport requirement to a specialized market throughout Nigeria
and West Africa.

COLUMELLA NIGERIA is well positioned and committed to offer
qualitative Haulage and Logistics services. We take pride in our
excellent human and material resources as well as technology-driven
expertise, which enable us to deliver customized service as well as
simplified logistics solutions

OUR PLAN

In accordance to the recent increase in demand of our numerous clients and
the poor conditions of some vehicles in our fleet, we are currently planning
to acquire vehicles and expand our services to meet the demand and
expectation of our numerous customers to the highest degree. In this view, we
seek investors to add/purchase the following vehicles with their respective
prices to our existing resources:

(A COMPLETE BUSINESS PLAN WOULD BE SENT TO YOU ONCE YOU MAIL US BACK
INFORMING YOU MORE ON HOW TO INVEST AND ABOUT THE COMPANY)

This investment could be done either by shipping your trucks or in cash.
you dont have to sell your truck instead you should invest it with us

We invest in market research and product development to continually improve
the service and procure follow-on vehicles. Follow-on will be
introduced into the
demanding markets before existing vehicles enter the declining stage of their
life cycles.

WHY YOU MUST INVEST WITH US

Looking at the high returns on the business, you cannot but invest to earn as
much as 50 -60% annually.

Secondly, it is a kind of business that cannot be overtaken by the
occurrence of
time, as there must be production, consumption, importation and exportation;
then there shall always be transportation.

Thirdly, the burden of managing your portfolio is lifted up from your
shoulder;
while you rest, we do our best to give you the edge by:
1. Paying the driver and motor boy salary
2. Fuelling the vehicle
3. Renewing the vehicle documents when due
4. Maintaining and servicing the vehicle regularly

Within the span of one and half year at most, your investment is
realized, while
your capital is still intact.

SUMMARY
Please do contact us for more information and we would be glad to do
business with you.

visit our site for more information

call us on:

+2348029716876

www.columella.fewom.org

columellanigeria@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Williams Okebugwu I.

MD/CEO
Columella Nigeria Company
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by 1United1: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
cry
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kniceport1: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2011
i am so glad to see this topic here,haulage is very lucrative and if u want ur truck to plough good roads,u can try the haulage business in abuja.its paying fine especially dump truck.u can contact me on kniceport1@yahoo.com or 08035553979.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nelton(m): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2011
Man diesel tippers (3-Axles, auxilary, 10 tyres 20-30 tons, meiler steel bucket) available for sale at very moderate prices. Pls call 08034984704 or email teokoro@yahoo.com for enquiries
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by delampy(f): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2011
Hello NLers,

Anybody with an idea on the price of a first grade 30-ton truck with 40-feet flat bed should please post it for me. Truck names should be MACK,Benz,DAF,MAN. The year of production is not needed at this time.

Many thanks!
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by favourbaby: 11:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
House, i have half a million naira, i need a sincere somebody or company to partner with in transport and haulage business. I am ready to work also for the company all for the progress of the business.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by LuniyiGlo(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by shollyboy2: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
hello Nairalanders

we are a new Transport And Haulage company,we deal with transporting of goods within Lagos and interstate delivery too.If you have any Goods that need to be transported for you.we have good trailers and reliable Drivers too
you can reach us 08027525591
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by enyhss(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
@lolostic, What kind of truck would you have to have to guarantee a Million Naira returns on monthly basis? Send your response to tyzeed@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kniceport1: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2011
IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO MANAGE YOUR TRUCK(S) IN ABUJA AXIS,KINDLY CONTACT ME ON 08035553979 OR kniceport1@yahoo.com.
THANKS
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by abiolapaul: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
A-Z OF BUSINESS PLAN(QUIET EASILY DONE)

"Would you rather pay a CONSULTANT #300,000 or more to package your business plan or FIX-IT-YOURSELF.Lets show you how:with our BUSINESS PLAN WRITING SOFTWARE,you can get it this difficult task completed in less than 3 DAYS,YES! less than 3 DAYS.Attend our forthcoming seminar tagged"Project.CEO".Gate pass:FREE(But punctuality is required as gate closes by 11:30am Prompt!!!).
Date:20/03/2011, (11:00am-3:00pm).Interested participant should text their details in this format;Project.CEO:I will attend/Name/Name of business/Number(s) of year(s) in business/Industry of operation/Location/Phone number and e-mail to 07041813292
Class size is maximum of 30 people.This opportunity closes on Thursday 24th march 2011 by 4pm.Only short-listed participant will be contacted
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by olupahpah(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2011
Hi guys, Need a 30 and 40 tonne bucket back for rent or sale ASAP, thanx
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by LuniyiGlo(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ lolostic

Having one or two advert/posting per page is okay, but having a posting nearly everyday in the same thread to where every other posting is yours is very unattractive to potential entrepreneurs that may even consider your offer. It makes your offer seem like spam or a potential scam.

Just some advise. . .
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by goodness85: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2011
Try Real estate and discover the Real Wealth in Real Estate. Money is not the most important thing here. for details visit

www.visiblecash..com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Marsh10(f): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
Make: Daf

Type: XF 95.430

Year:1998

Number of axle: 2

Configuration: 4 * 2 (4 tyres at the rear, 2 tyres in the front)

Fuel tank: 2 numbers

Fuel capacity: 1500 litre

Engine capacity: 428 horse power

Suspension type: Air

Cabin type: Space cabin, Sleeper (for 2 people)

Gear box kind: Manual

Number of gears: 16

Power steering: Yes

ABS: Yes

ASR: yes

Tyres: All brand new

Price: N4,500,000

Additional Info:

Truck was purchased October 2009 from Amsterdam for FMCG haulage in Nigeria, owner is UK based and switching from FMCG haulage to aggregates haulage.

Truck has worked in Nigeria for 13 months and in good condition.

Truck has 40ft + size box trailer. All tyres are brand new.

Serious buyers 'ONLY' please call (Nigeria) 080 330 69121

(UK) +44 772 993 2835 
See / copy paste link below for pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=631449.msg7984895#msg7984895

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Football Betting Season 3 / Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.