Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

Valencia Sack Gary Neville - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Valencia Sack Gary Neville (538 Views)

Gary Lineker Recalls The Moment He Pooed On Himself On The Pitch / Gary Lineker: Player Who Never Received A Yellow Or A Red Card In His Career / Gary Neville Reacts To Man United's 4-0 Win Over Swansea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valencia Sack Gary Neville by flyestmike(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Los Che have named Pako Ayestaran, who returned to the club as an assistant coach in February, as their interim boss until the end of the season Valencia have sacked Gary Neville and named Pako Ayestaran as their new head coach until the end of the season.

Neville was appointed on December 2 but failed to win any of his first nine matches in charge in La Liga and also suffered elimination from the Copa del Rey and Europa League.

Valencia have lost their last three matches in the league after a brief upturn in form in February and sit in 14th place in the Spanish top flight, six points clear of the relegation zone.

"After carefully analysing the sporting situation, the Club has decided to make this change in the best interests of Valencia ahead of the end of the current season," a club statement reads.

"The Club is grateful for Gary Neville's work and wish him the best of luck for the future."

The job at Mestalla was Neville's first in management, with the former Manchester United right-back also occupying a role as an England assistant coach.

He has most prominently worked as a pundit on Sky Sports following his retirement and is a co-owner of English non-league side Salford City, along with Valencia owner Peter Lim.

"I would like to thank Valencia Football Club, the fans, staff and the players," Neville said in a statement.

"I would have liked to have continued the work I started but understand that we are in a results business and in the 28 games they have not been to my standards or to those which are required by this club."

Ayestaran returned to Valencia to assist Neville in February having previously worked at the club under Rafael Benitez and now takes over from the England assistant coach until the end of the season.

The 53-year-old helped to guide Los Che to two league titles and the Uefa Cup between 2001 and 2004 before joining Benitez at Liverpool, where they won the Champions League together.

source: m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2016/03/30/21846152/valencia-sack-gary-neville

1 Like

Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by 2boiz(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
I never expected him to stay this far...

He started his carrier wit a bigger club, it's a bad start for him though but I hope he learn his lessons and improve

1 Like

Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by flyestmike(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
FTC!!!!
I dedicate this to my family. love y'all!!!

1 Like

Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by Mikaelz10(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Valencia sacked GNev2.. their second manager this season. The board no get chills.
Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by Segadem(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
flyestmike:
FTC!!!!

I will understand if you are a minute late but four minutes late is unpardonable grin
Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by tgmservice: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
flyestmike:
FTC!!!!

u can't claim FTC ona page that is yet to reach front page. There are thousands of thread with no comment
Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by hakinze00(m): 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Meh some players are not meant to be coaches...valencia have bin very patient with him,infact if I were their director I wud ve sacked him in his first 3matches
Re: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by sevantex(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
Expected this sack long ago. He took a big job like that thinking its gonna be easy as his talkative punditry.
He shuld still learn and reduce the talks

(1) (Reply)

The Coldest April Fools Prank Of 2016 / Tour Of Flanders / Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2016 LIVE STREAM / How I Lost 5k In Palmchat Predict And Win Because Of Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.