Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? (1114 Views)

Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Video Of Biafrans Burning Down A Police Station... / Integrity Lesson By Mahatma Gandhi: It's Economic Importance To Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please tell me if I am wrong but there has never been a time so many markets caught fire as these last few months.
I smell something fishy.
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by kettykin: 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
It is change
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Cholls(m): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
my brother please stop that thing you're smoking and come back to your real sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by BlackTechnology: 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Cholls:
my brother please stop that thing you're smoking and come back to your real sense of reasoning.

He has a point

look deeper

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by greenmonk: 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Someone is really out to undo the Ibo traders. I'm not being tribalistic but just airing my personnal observations. Hope it has nothing to do with IPOB or all these rerun & inconclusive elections?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Cholls(m): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
BlackTechnology:

He has a point
look deeper
my brother sorry I don't smoke.
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by gmaribel(m): 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
The popular orange market in Mararaba Nasarawa state got burnt completely mysteriously early this year. Mammy market Nyanya burnt down mysteriously too. Too much coincidences

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
GenBuhari:
Please tell me if I am wrong but there has never been a time so many markets caught fire as these last few months.
I smell something fishy.

No fire codes.

How many markets

1.Have stalls built out of fire retardant materials.

2.Have fire safety drills every month

3.Have fire extinguishers at strategic positions.

4.Have fire safety lectures for traders.

5.Have properly built buildings.Have electricals been properly installed.? Access routes (The fire in Kano was made worse by faulty electrical equipment and zero access routes...for the firemen to come in and fight the fire.Infact the Fire Serivce in Kano complained that they could not get to the source on time because the route was blocked. And it was probably by illegaly placed stores.).

6.Are tidy (A lot of the garbage in many markets are flammable).

7) Properly store fuel for generating sets.

cool Insurance? Do traders get themselves insured.? (Banks do it).

9) Have safe exit routes.

10) Are located in cities with proper fire services .Infact....how is the Nigeria Fire Serivce? Is it equipped with the proper equipment to put out fires.?(You cannot use water to put out all types of fires)

If there is a fire in any market in Nigeria....blame the market people, the market management, the local government, and the state for the fire. Don't look elsewhere.

When I lived abroad...the flats where i lived had strategically placed fire extinguishers on every floor.And the building was built to code.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by endove(f): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
my dear na change
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by greenmonk: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

No fire codes.

How many markets

5.Have properly built buildings.Have electricals been properly installed.? Access routes (The fire in Kano was made worse by faulty electrical equipment and zero access routes...for the firemen to come in and fight the fire.Infact the Fire Serivce in Kano complained that they could not get to the source on time because the route was blocked. And it was probably by illegaly placed stores.).

10) Are located in cities with proper fire services .Infact....how is the Nigeria Fire Serivce? Is it equipped with the proper equipment to put out fires.?(You cannot use water to put out all types of fires)

If there is a fire in any market in Nigeria....blame the market people, the market management, the local government, and the state for the fire. Don't look elsewhere.

When I lived abroad...the flats where i lived had strategically placed fire extinguishers on every floor.And the building was built to code.

You hit the nail squarely on the head but the frequency of the fires are suspecious.
I wish people like you head our LG councils to engender proper town planning and regulation.
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by OreMI22: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
[size=15pt]@Op,
As if you don't know it is your people doing it.
After Alhaji promised Kunle they would do it after Buhari's victory.
[/size]
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by greenmonk: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

No fire codes.

How many markets

You hit the nail squarely on the head but the frequency of the fires are suspicious.
I wish people like you head our LG councils to engender proper town planning and regulation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Sealeddeal(m): 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
OP, I stand with you. it's actually a sabotage.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by DaBullIT(m): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
cool you are too sensible for these people, I I'd some digging fire incidents have always been persistent i Nigeria

These yeye people just want to Blame the north and Buhari for every woes that comes unto them.

Whereas market people are careless and are not so sensitized about fire and how to prevent
Quakertellicus1:

No fire codes.

How many markets

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by sinkhole: 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
greenmonk:

You hit the nail squarely on the head but the frequency of the fires are suspecious.
If the guy head your LG, he go chop you reach bone grin
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by jbrodaly(m): 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
GenBuhari:
I smell something fishy.
Is it possible that the heat wave is a factor?I mean a small fire could easily get bigger and cause huge damage due to the heat wave being experienced currently in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Gorodomu: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Numerous market fires in a rainy season with no electricity,its worth investigating

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
It is very suspicious.

Can anybody remember any 10 month period in history when we have recorded more than 7 market fires?

Add to pipelines being blown up, indicates that it is possible most of the fires are arson from economic saboteurs from agents of enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by chizby(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
1 nobody dies in this fires
2 why is now that all the makts ar sudenly catching fire
3 who stands to cain by this fires. The marketers are compensated and someone collects contract to rebuild mkts

I smell a fish somewhere
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:10am On Mar 31, 2016
Hope they not Sabotaging my hardworking igbo brothers over there
Re: Who Is Burning Down All The Markets In Nigeria, Is It Economic Sabotage? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
No be only igbo traders in these markets, it is happening in all parts of country.
SamuelAnyawu:
Hope they not Sabotaging my hardworking igbo brothers over there

(1) (Reply)

Lawal, Obasanjo, Okowa, Others Attend Emefiele’s Mother’s Burial(Photos) / Shia Leader, Sheikh Zakzaky Partly Paralysed / The National Grazing Reserve Bill: The Greatest Evil Of All - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.