Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

BREAKING: Valencia Sack Gary Neville - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING: Valencia Sack Gary Neville (471 Views)

Gary Lineker Recalls The Moment He Pooed On Himself On The Pitch / Gary Lineker: Player Who Never Received A Yellow Or A Red Card In His Career / Gary Neville Reacts To Man United's 4-0 Win Over Swansea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by impetus: 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Neville was appointed on December 2 but failed to win any of his first nine matches in charge in La Liga and has also suffered elimination from the Copa del Rey and Europa League.

Valencia have lost their last three matches in the league after a brief upturn in form in February and sit in 14th place in the Spanish top flight, six points clear of the relegation zone.

“After carefully analysing the sporting situation, the Club has decided to make this change in the best interests of Valencia ahead of the end of the current season,” a club statement reads.

“The Club is grateful for Gary Neville’s work and wish him the best of luck for the future.”

The job at Mestalla was Neville’s first in management, with the former Manchester United right-back also occupying a role as an England assistant coach.

He has most prominently worked as a pundit on Sky Sports following his retirement and is a co-owner of English non-league side Salford City along with Valencia owner Peter Lim.

“I would like to thank Valencia Football Club, the fans, staff and the players,” Neville said in a statement.

“I would have liked to have continued the work I started but understand that we are in a results business and in the 28 games they have not been to my standards or to those which are required by this club.”

Ayestaran returned to Valencia to assist Neville in February having previously worked at the club under Rafael Benitez.

http://nigeriana.org/featured-news/breaking-valencia-sack-gary-neville/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jobemy+Nigeria%29

Re: BREAKING: Valencia Sack Gary Neville by fashoo2010(m): 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
He need to move on

(1) (Reply)

Official: Jose Mourinho Named As New Nigeria Coach / An Urgent Vacancy For A Post Of Author/editor In Soccer Prediction Site! / Will Leicester Be Crown Premiership Champion This Weekend?what Did You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.