Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? (23062 Views)

Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More / 9mobile Free Youtube Streaming Looks Scammy, Is It? / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by jaybee3(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Creamish:

jaybeee... grin

shocked shocked shocked
**covers face****
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by Creamish(f): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
jaybee3:

shocked shocked shocked
**covers face****

Seems U need some massage to calm U down.. Oya come. wink
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by jaybee3(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
Creamish:

Seems U need some massage to calm U down.. Oya come. wink

You bet

on my way pronto

1 Like

Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by weselomo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
downloading YouTube videos via a site like ssyoutube.com give u opportunities to download according to ur level of data and watch later at your own convenience time
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by Pavore9: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
Elxandre:

How much does it cost Naira equivalent?

It is N500 weekly and one gets 100mins of call across all networks in Kenya, 500sms to all networks and 500MB. Even if one exhausts that 500MB within the first hour of subscribing, one can still Skype, Youtube streaming and downloads and other internet services till the 7 days expires. Obce opt for the 30 days plan which is N2,000 for 2GB, 2000sms and 400mins of call. Below is my balance and l have been watching documentaries on Youtube!

You are currently using UnlimiNET 250 Weekly Plan valid until 01-04-16 19:49. Balance is 0MB data, 16minutes to ALL networks and 484SMS. Thank you.
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by joseph1832(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
jaybee3:

I'm sure i can pay the whole salary of your entire family with enough left to pop with awon boiz

Now run along.... your 5 minutes of fame has expired

You are henceforth ignored!!
Now if I was the guy you quoted, I would have told you "action speaks louder than words". Or, I'll even indulge you to listen to Barry White's "practice what you preach". grin grin grin
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
jaybee3:

Why didn't you reference the article you lifted off the internet?

Don't do that shyte again ya heard

http://techessentials.rogers.com/howitworks/StreamingVsDownloading.aspx

Chillax...
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by steppin: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
yomz1e:
Hope this helps:

When you stream a video or music, the file itself doesn’t live on your device’s hard drive. It’s accessed on the internet, temporarily, while you’re using it. That’s why streaming is used by many sites offering free or rented content: you have access to it but you don’t “own” the content. Streaming is great for watching or listening to content on any device – your internet-connected TV, smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Streaming works better with a faster internet connection as you’re listening or watching in real-time.

By contrast, when you download a video or music, the file itself lives on your hard drive and takes up space there. This means that, once downloaded, you can use it again and again, and not have to download it each time. However, you often have to pay more for downloaded content than you would if you streamed it because you “own” the file. Plus, with downloaded content, it can be challenging to use it across multiple devices.
Out of point.
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by Mickchillz(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Streaming and downloading videos or music are the same in the sense that they both have to download the content of the file into your device, the difference is that, for download, it stores the content into your storage disk, which enables you access that content whenever you please, while for streaming, it downloads the content into your cache memory, and because cache memory(temporary storage) is always little or limited in memory space, your player plays the little your cache memory stored, after which ur cache memory wipes out d content and download another part of the content, and then plays it, and wipes it off and so the cycle goes, which is why @ some point, when the network is bad, it delays in the download of the other portion of the content.. When streaming, you do not get info concerning the size of the content unlike downloading and the quality of the contents are mostly not reduced thereby consuming more data. Downloading is better because most times you get to choose between content qualities which helps save your MB, otherwise downloading or streaming the same content with same quality consume same amount of data. The main reason people stream contents is because they either lack enough space in their storage disk, they can't wait for the content to be downloaded before seeing the content, or they don't wish to view the content for the second time.
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by ugotex85: 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pavore9:
I download, I stream......since one can do both with 0MB on Airtel Kenya unlimitnet plan which they offer their subcribers.
Does it work in Nigeria?
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by Pavore9: 1:30am On Apr 04, 2016
ugotex85:

Does it work in Nigeria?

No/
Re: Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? by jheed: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2016
jaykaylegend:
guys please I want to ask between streaming videos and downloading videos, which consumes data the most.?/
i think streaming cause it lags sometimes which cause it to absorb more mb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Flash Your Phone With USB Cable. / Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria / Glo Introduces 4x recharge bonus for subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.