Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) (28743 Views)

Counterfeit Money: Bread Seller Bags 1-year Jail Term In Lagos / 80-Year-Old Man Flogs His 100-Year-Old Mother To Death In Niger State (Photo) / Man Flogs A Lady On Her Buttocks In Equatorial Guinea (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by damiloladuke: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2016
The police in Lagos have arrested a chief in the Ijegun area, identified only as Ajiroba, for allegedly assaulting a bread seller, Bukola Olasunkanmi, in the Isheri-Oshun area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Olasunkanmi, who was seven-month-old pregnant, was allegedly flogged several times by the chief and his thugs because she mediated in an argument involving some levy collectors and another bread seller at the Ijegun bus stop.

Our correspondent gathered that Olasunkanmi, who sustained injuries, was first rushed to a private hospital, and later taken to the Igando General Hospital.

It was gathered that the matter was reported at the Isheri Oshun division and Ajiroba was arrested by the police.

Olasunkanmi claimed that after she reported the matter to the police, she had been receiving threat-to-life phone calls, which made her to write a petition to the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, and the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in Zone 2, Onikan, Bala Hassan.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Olasunkanmi said she had been asked to report at the general hospital daily for checkups to ensure that the assault did not affect the pregnancy.

She said, “I work as a mobile bread vendor, and the assault happened on March 11, 2016, while I was supplying bread to a customer at the Ijegun bus stop. At a point in the transaction, I noticed that another bread vendor had thrown her wooden tray on the bonnet of my car.

“I realised that she was being harassed by some local levy collectors operating in the area. I intervened by pleading with the collectors to let her go as she strapped a baby to her back, I said, ‘Leave this woman alone.’

“It was at this point that one Chief Ajiroba, accompanied by four hoodlums, emerged from a corner with a cane and began to flog me. I was beaten like a criminal at the bus stop despite being pregnant.

“I ran to the Isheri Osun division and reported the matter. Policemen thereafter followed me to the chief and he was detained that day. Although the chief has apologised to me, my fear is that strange people have been visiting my residence since the ecounter.

“Most of them warned me that my life was no longer safe as I dared to report a chief to the police. I want the police to help me out and ensure that justice is served in this matter. I go almost every day to the Igando General Hospital for checkups.”

Our correspondent gathered that the police had granted Ajiroba bail, but he was asked to still report at the station.

When contacted on the telephone, Ajiroba said that he had not met Olasunkanmi before that day. He added that Olasunkanmi and the bread seller were fighting and he flogged the two.

He said, “I did not know she was pregnant. I did not know her before that day. I saw two women fighting at the bus stop and I flogged both of them. I have been begging her to drop this matter.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the arrest.

She said, “A case of assault occasioning harm was reported against the suspect.

“Investigation is ongoing. The command will ensure that justice is done.”

http://www.punchng.com/lagos-chief-assaults-pregnant-bread-seller/

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by damiloladuke: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by HerexG(m): 5:18am On Mar 31, 2016
I smell another Jumoke arising

Baba God please pick up the call

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 31, 2016
He should go to jail to become the 'Chief Prisoner'. . . And his lies even makes it all more annoying, you are SEPARATING a 7month old pregnant woman and another one who carries a baby, BY FLOGGING??!! Who does that? What an animal in human skin!

26 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by trendphemmy(m): 5:29am On Mar 31, 2016
there is no sanity in the nation

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Cutehector(m): 5:36am On Mar 31, 2016
cry
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by DIKEnaWAR: 5:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Which part of her body is this? I hope it is not where the baby is lodged?

The chief has become the law 'enforcer' by claiming to flog two adults 'fighting'. One has a baby, the other pregnant, yet he claims he 'flogged' them for fighting.

Touts are beginning to rear their heads with brazen impunity and unleash a reign of terror all over the country, under one guise or another.

26 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Oche211(m): 5:47am On Mar 31, 2016
This is inhumane nd barbaric. What's even the function of a chief in dis 21st century
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 31, 2016
Very barbaric.....u claimed she was fighting and this is how u separate ur fight abi?...all dis bruises and wound for separating fight clap for urself.....pregnant woman nd another carrying a baby will b fighting? na nollywood!!!

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Mutuwa(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2016
Oche211:
This is inhumane nd barbaric.
What's even the function of a chief in dis 21st century

That is what he doesn't know,coz his illiteracy is that of Pluto.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 6:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Will a sane man flog a pregnant woman? Those opressing the poor, you will never go unpunished, either by man or by God.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by kossyablaze(m): 7:56am On Mar 31, 2016
trendphemmy:
there is no sanity in the nation
Zoo rather

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by RichYoungNigga: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2016
That's why many of us living in America won't come back again to Nigeria.
A chief flogged a bread seller for no apparent reason ??
Even the world richest man on earth can't slap the poorest man in America, he will sue the hell out of you, including the jail term

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Lol
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Lilimax(f): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Jeez!
Another bread seller again but in this case in a negative way (What an irony!) undecided

The Lagos Chief must be a very wicked man.

Just recently a known bread seller (Olajumoke) was brought to stardom but this could not be said of this bread seller.
Instead, she was inflicted serious injuries for reasons best known to them.

The Lagos Chief and his accomplice must be brought to book.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Hillzy(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Na wa o, if u can't see a seven month old pregnancy how many month own u won con c. In the first place even if they are fighting as u claim, y would someone in his or her right sense c two mature women fighting d only u decide to do is to flog dem, to dis extend oga.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Integrityfarms(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
And yet this barbaric Chief will have a mouth to condemn and criticize our political leaders for arrant power display!

Black African Hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by banme1(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Agbero chief.
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by henrydadon(m): 8:37am On Mar 31, 2016
abeg i dey live this country tomorrow who go follow me.. sad..the animals way full this country don dey plenty..have given up on this country ..as far as we have people like this in this country..we shall never move forward

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 8:37am On Mar 31, 2016
Na you dey feed am? grin abi the chief don turn teacher? Some people sha grin
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by wristbangle: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
prettysolid:
[s]Why are these mud house and brown roof people, this callous. Even their Chiefs and Kings are touts. Omashee o (it's a pity)...[/s]

Foolish and retaarded comment

Back to topic, the useless chief deserves heavy punishment from the law

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by hakinze00(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
HerexG:

what a very dumb comment Is that's how u want ur call to be picked?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
na wa oooo
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by evansjeff(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Nigeria
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by kolnel: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
The canes have been fortified with juju
Hope justice is served to the yeye chief
Is igando a village
Mostly, bad news emanate from that igando
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by 5starmilitant: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
HerexG:

A pregnant woman was beaten, and you're here smelling olajumoke. You well so?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by chynie: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
a
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by adioolayi(m): 8:39am On Mar 31, 2016
HerexG:
you want to be flogged too

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by SweetieConstie(f): 8:39am On Mar 31, 2016
OMG!!! This is wickedness in the highest order. embarassed
Re: Lagos Chief Flogs Pregnant Bread-Seller (graphic Photo) by Abbeyunique2(m): 8:39am On Mar 31, 2016
Olajumoke should come fight for her peeps

(1) (2) (Reply)

Housemaid Beats Boss Into Coma In Lagos, Steals Money, Property / EFCC Arrests 30 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Ilorin (Pictures) / Missing Child: Boluwatife Adegoke Has Been Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.