Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

VIO Worker Scamming Nigerians (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIO Worker Scamming Nigerians (pictures) (888 Views)

Kogi Worker Results To Online Begging After 2 Years Of Unpaid Salaries (Photo) / Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads / Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VIO Worker Scamming Nigerians (pictures) by mocok: 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
his is a story of a man who i pleaded with to take me on a drop promising to fuel his car.This happened just after trailer park by police checking point just after eleme junction in rivers state  on the 11th of march 2016.
So we where stopped by a group that said they are working for the federal government Ministry of Transport vehicle inspection unit (VIO). 
Our vehicle was impounded because one of the side mirrors of the vehicle was bad, and then a little smoking. So they said its an offence by law. That we will pay for warning later and fees. That the government fixed fee is #11,500, nothing more or less. The driver cried like a child because it was merely a charity work sort of. Personally i spoke with this man in the picture who introduced himself as their boss, but he really was heartless. Finally from my pocket i gave the man fund to pay the said government fee. 
On my part i had gadgets on me taking pictures unknown to them all. 
So with a little free time i searched on nairaland and got the contact of a VIO agent who told me that the VIO don't take cash but only book you and you pay at the bank. 
With this knowledge i vowed to follow this matter up. I believe these are the Same people who will blame the government for everything but here they are doing exactly the same thing. 
I believe this will set a good example for others to desist from such acts. 
Today, the social media has become the champion of advocating for justice and fighting corruption.
I took the liberty to get a phone number from two different persons victimised by this same man and they are begging for justice when i told them they have been duped. 
I passionately plead that you use your good office to investigate this matter to a logical conclusion. 
God bless my country.
Thank you Nairaland.

(#struggling to upload pictures, wish someone here can teach me how, or better still suen pls how can i mail it to you to upload?)

1 Like

Re: VIO Worker Scamming Nigerians (pictures) by ckmayoca: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Under the submit button after typing ur message, u will see choose file button, click on it, then look for the picture, click on it again then it returns u to submit page then u click on submit.
Re: VIO Worker Scamming Nigerians (pictures) by DaBullIT(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
I am proud of you

Let's keep this up

Police
VIO
Immigrations
Customs

every government agency that's taking bribes or forcing money out of people should be tackled by common Nigerians who patronize them on almost daily basis

You have done your part as a Nigerian

Please follow up and report to appropriate authorities, that's how we can effect change

That's how we can take back Nigeria from the greedy , corrupt officials holding us to ransom

(1) (Reply)

FG Subsidises Petrol By N10.31 Per Litre / Lagos State Government Launches DSVRT / YOUWIN: Awardees Protest Non-payment Of Tranches At Ministry Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.