Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,332 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

A Workstation/ Server Connection -a Nightmare - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Workstation/ Server Connection -a Nightmare (908 Views)

Share Simple Server Connection Via Hotspot With Manual Configuration / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / I Need A Workstation With 8g Ram Minimum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Workstation/ Server Connection -a Nightmare by AfricaFace(f): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2006
I ma not a network Guru , but IT SUPPORT/ODBA, but my job responsibilty suddenly involved networking . i am using win 2003 server for my sever Os, AND WIN XP AS THE OS FOR THE WORKSTATIONS, THE SPEED OF THE NETWORK IS 10MBPS AND THE BANDWIDTH IS 2. I JUST ADDED 4 WORSTATION TO THE DOMAIN/NETWORK , BUT I REALSIED THAT ONE OF THE WORSTATIONS TAKES AGES TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER, WHENEVER I WANT TO ACCESS ANY SHARED FOLDER ON THE ON THE SERVER, THE WORKSTATION TAKES A LONG TIME TO GET IT AND MIGHT FINALLY NOT, RECENTLY I WANTED TO INSTALL ADOBE ACROBAT ON THE SYSTEM BUT THE EXEC FILE IS IN THE SERVER , RUNNING THE APPS FROM THE SERVER WAS A NIGHTMARE, AFTERALL I COPIED THE EXEC FILE TO THE COMPUTER WT A PEN DRIVE TO RUN IT. MY BOSS IS ON MY NECK TO GET THIS JOB DONE, HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORKSTATION AS FAST AS OTHERS, IS THERE ANYTHING I AM NOT DOING WELL OR THAT I NEED TO DO.

BESIDES I AM USING AUTO IP ADDRESSING
Re: A Workstation/ Server Connection -a Nightmare by Chxta(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2006
Maybe your DHCP isn't set up properly on your server, also I want to assume that the server has 2 network cards?

If that is the case, then on the one which connects to the network in question, assign the following IP: 192.168.1.1,255.255.255.0

After that, give all the clients IPs in that network, making their default gateway the IP of the server. You shouldn't have problems after that.
Re: A Workstation/ Server Connection -a Nightmare by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 16, 2006
since u r running server 2003
then 1. configure routing and remote access
2. i would like to ask if ur doing internet connection sharing
3. u did not state the kind of server it is either a gateway or just a databse server
4 wat permisions did u give the client on the 4th machine in ur active directory domain controller
5. check the network card of the machine is it on 100k full duplex

(1) (Reply)

Audit Trail/report On Windows Nt4 / Improve Efficiency With Short Cuts / Ccna Now, N32,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.