Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria (2153 Views)

Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / 100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by smartbingari(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Dear Smart Bingari,

I hope you are doing well today. My name is Pia from PayPal Customer Service.

Thank you for your interest to receive payments using PayPal. At this time, the receive money feature is still unavailable in Nigeria due to our compliance with your local financial regulations. Let me assure you though that we will contact you as soon as this feature becomes available so that you could use it right away. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

In the meantime, kindly contact the sender to arrange other payment solutions that are available for you to use such as bank transfers, money order or check.

Alternatively, if you maintain an address, bank account or credit/debit card issued from a country where the Receive-Money feature is available, you can create a PayPal account under that said country and use it to receive your payments. You may create a PayPal account under your neighboring African countries such as South Africa, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Botswana or Mozambique.

Meanwhile, you can definitely use your PayPal account to shop online and send international payments for free using your card.

We'll be glad to hear from you if you need clarification or assistance. Please don't hesitate to email us again. You can also call us at +1-402-517-4519 (U.S. telephone number) Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM local Nigerian time.

Thank you for choosing PayPal. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Pia

PayPal
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by Danyl(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
this is interesting. they already told you what to do so the IP you used to register may not matter anymore from their response.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by megaik: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
So we cant receive money into Nigeria tru penpal again Wont this affect our economy?

1 Like

Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by Pavore9: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
They even suggested other African countries! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by U1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sorry to burst your bubble; this is not new. I think I once got a similar message. But I don't think the idea of using address from another country will work, except you intend accessing the account with an IP from such a country. No be PayPal? Stealth will still be required.
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by Ben1975(m): 5:00am On Apr 01, 2016
Or boycott Paypal completely. Use other payment solutions there are plenty out there. Why just Paypal?

If they stop seeing funds from Nigeria they will change their tune
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by smartbingari(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2016
Ben1975:
Or boycott Paypal completely. Use other payment solutions there are plenty out there. Why just Paypal?

If they stop seeing funds from Nigeria they will change their tune

What are other payment options I tried payza but I just can't get through
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by BLWeb: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2016
smartbingari:
Dear Smart Bingari,

Alternatively, if you maintain an address, bank account or credit/debit card issued from a country where the Receive-Money feature is available, you can create a PayPal account under that said country and use it to receive your payments. You may create a PayPal account under your neighboring African countries such as South Africa, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Botswana or Mozambique.

This is the part that caught my eyes. So if i have a debit card issued to me by a bank in S.A, then i dont need to bother about i.p issues. I can create my pay pal account with the card in nigeria and receive payments.
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by thegreengooner(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2016
BLWeb:

This is the part that caught my eyes. So if i have a debit card issued to me by a bank in S.A, then i dont need to bother about i.p issues. I can create my pay pal account with the card in nigeria and receive payments.

If you want to receive your money in Nigeria I can help you.
Re: See Message I Got From Paypal After Asking How To Receive Money In Nigeria by Ben1975(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
smartbingari:

What are other payment options I tried payza but I just can't get through

Depending on what you are receiving money for here is a list:

Payoneer dot com - this works very well for affiliate marketers and you can get a MasterCard delivered to Nigeria
SolidTrustPay dot com
PerfectMoney dot com
PaySpree dot com
OKPay dot com big on Security and have been around for a few years
Paysera dot com Not an American company. Will give you a Visa card easy to nav
GoogleCheckout dot com (Google wallet) I havent used this one for years to you might want to do your research to see if things have changed
WebMoney - a European company not that newbie friendly so if you are just starting out with this kind of thing you might want to try another epay

Tell me what problems were you having with yoru Payza account?

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can I Start With 350k? / Google Adwords Questions And Answers With Ojasweb / Carpark / Carport And Canopy In Abuja And Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.