Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America (1322 Views)

The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown / Shocking Iced Flood Hits The United States, Killed Atleast Six(Photos) / Facinating Photos: Donald Trump, 45th President Of The United States Of America. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
I watched the NTA Network News coverage of President Buhari's visit to the United States of America for the Nuclear Summit on 31st March, 2016. Obama did not even meet him either at the airport or at the event - at least from what I just saw. Only the Secretary of State, Senator Kerry did.

Am I feeling embarrassed for Nigeria? Yes . . .

Why is Nigeria "irrelevant" in the international community?

How can we make Nigeria great again?

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by prospero15(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Guy it happens at times..the S.O.S can represent the president sometimes...I don't really see much wrong with it..*my opinion* lipsrsealed
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by walkitalki(f): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
wetin concern cattle rustler wit nuclear lords na swaygbe ooooo
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
prospero15:
Guy it happens at times
Kai! It's painful to see . . .

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Horlhaphemi: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Una Don start again naaaa just continue
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
What do u know about international diplomacy?

So u expected Obama to physically meet one on one with all the president in attendance.
Take a chill capsule.

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by prospero15(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abee79:

Kai! It's painful to see . . .

He maybe representing the president
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
walkitalki:
Is nuclear energy really an option for Nigeria's power issues? We still have not utilized gas and solar which we have in abundance

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by henrygale(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
No wrong in the secretary of states meeting our pmb. U think say Obama get time to dey meet person wey no get stake for what is being discussed! Nah! Dey know what to give priority unlike we Nigerians wey just jump into tns head-on without setting our priorities right.
But,no big deal in who met with our oga.
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
prospero15:

He maybe representing the president
Okay na. But it speaks volumes Sha . . .
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
henrygale:
No wrong in the secretary of states meeting our pmb. U think say Obama get time to dey meet person wey no get stake for what is being discussed! Nah! Dey know what to give priority unlike we Nigerians wey just jump into tns head-on without setting our priorities right.
But,no big deal in who met with our oga.
I get your point. Nigeria needs to get its priorities straight

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenonze:

So u expected Obama to physically meet one on one with all the president in attendance.
Take a chill capsule.

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenonze:

Take a chill capsule.

I may not know anything about international diplomacy, but I know that there are certain visitors that come to my house and I don't bother to come out of my room to greet them till they leave. There are other visitors whom I take my car, drive to the main road to wait for them so I can personally lead them to the house and I make sure they get the best reception I can afford. It's all about perception and the value we place on them . . .

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by oglalasioux(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abee79:
I watched the NTA Network News coverage of President Buhari's visit to the United States of America for the Nuclear Summit on 31st March, 2016. Obama did not even meet him either at the airport or at the event - at least from what I just saw. Only the Secretary of State, Senator Kerry did.

Buhari is at the United Nations. He is not visiting the United States. They are two different places even though the UN secretariat is in New York. Even persona non grata presidents, like Ghadafi and Saddam Hussein, went to the UN without necessarily saying they are in USA. There's no need for Obama or any US official to meet any president going to the UN at the airport.

1 Like

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by panafrican(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
It means the General is NOT for those dirty deals against Africa. He is not willing to sell his country to the Islamist agenda of the West.
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by scully95: 4:49am On Apr 01, 2016
Abee79:

How to make Nigeria great.

it's simple.. Lets first start fro Nairaland. Nairaland mods should stop putting anything propaganda from the west on FP but not putting the ones that deserves to be on FP. Like any good news coming from Latin america, India, China and Russia. Again Naija Main stream media need to change their copy, rewrite and paste ways. Time to start investigative journlism and travel round the world to meet the news. See the reality first hand but not copy and paste.

Again, how to make Nigeria great and respected. Time to fully embrace Latin america, India, Russia, China and disown the fiat debt burden regime.. Why won't Obama snub Buhari when Buhari has killed his plans to contain chaina.

Killing Boko haram is like killing Obama's PA.. You expect Obama and other puppet nations to repect someone that is killing their proxies ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2016
scully95:

How to make Nigeria great.

it's simple.. Lets first start fro Nairaland. Nairaland mods should stop putting anything propaganda from the west on FP but not putting the ones that deserves to be on FP. Like any good news coming from Latin america, India, China and Russia. Again Naija Main stream media need to change their copy, rewrite and paste ways. Time to start investigative journlism and travel round the world to meet the news. See the reality first hand but not copy and paste.

Again, how to make Nigeria great and respected. Time to fully embrace Latin america, India, Russia, China and disown the fiat debt burden regime.. Why won't Obama snub Buhari when Buhari has killed his plans to contain chaina.

Killing Boko haram is like killing Obama's PA.. You expect Obama and other puppet nations to repect someone that is killing their proxies ?
In other words, we need to handle our relations with other nations better?
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Abee79(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2016
panafrican:
It means the General is NOT for those dirty deals against Africa. He is not willing to sell his country to the Islamist agenda of the West.
Noted
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by talktonase(m): 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
good for him...pikin wey say him mama no go sleep him sef no go sleep.Make him better charge him fone well for there oh.! nonsense!
Re: Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
walkitalki:

Mbanu! grin onu gi ajoka! grin

This mouth is too bad for a lady!

(1) (Reply)

First Pics From The Inauguration Of President Julius Maada Bio Of Sierra Leone / Russian President Vladimir Putin Calls Africa A Cemetery / Italian Pm.: Without Africa France Will Be A 3rd World Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.