Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri (4694 Views)

Waziri’s EFCC Initiated $6m No-trial Deal With Suspect, Says Adoke / How Ribadu Was Poisoned – OBASANJO / Observation: Why Was OBJ Silent On Gej's 1000 Snipers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2009
She is posting an article of a phantom probe of over a year ago with NO RESULTS.

Some 'consultant' ripped of the government to find out details of homes that don't exist anywhere. We all know their intent. As Ribadu said, they aim to cloud corruption and anti-corruption so no one can recognise the difference.

Now they have succeeded in hounding Ribadu out, the sham 'investigation' has disappeared.

Agent of Aondoakaa/Ibori and Waziri we are not deceived. Continue your propaganda against Ribadu but no one is fooled by this charade. The facts are obvious to discerning Nigerians.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Depilot(m): 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2009
My only question is: Why is Ribadu hidding?

Why is he making himself look like a criminal? Why is he painting himself as an incompetent "lawyer"?
If his security in Nigeria is the issue, I still believe that there are many ways to over-come this issue.
My advise is for him to return with condition, tackle all charges and make all his supporters proud.

Hidding in UK or USA is not the answer, it's only making himself look like another dirty government official.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2009
I dont get the unreserved love for Ribadu by Debosky.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by debosky(m): 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
OMO IBO:

I dont get the unreserved love for Ribadu by Debosky.

Unreserved love? No such thing!

But when someone like cre8tivity comes on nairaland with the SOLE purpose of destroying Ribadu's image, I smell a rat and it must be exposed. She is either in the paid employ of the current corrupt goons running the country or was severely impacted by Ribadu's anti-corruption efforts.

Ribadu is not flawless, he became political in the release of the so called 'list' and definitely didn't go after every single person I felt he should've. But for crying out loud, as the first leader of the EFCC in a corrupt country like Nigeria, he was still a breath of fresh air. The terrible state of his replacements makes him look even better.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by cre8tivity(f): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2009
I dont get the unreserved love for Ribadu by debosky
i do get it, i totally understand why debosky feels this way. ribadu is the greatest and he should be treated with respect.

i wish this topic is deleted, ribadu doesn't deserve to be treated this way.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by cre8tivity(f): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2009
as usual, i have condemned ribadu in every way all throughtout this forum. i have called him many bad names, i have painted him black, i have disrespected all he has done for us and for our country, i have called for him to be arrested, but from what i have discovered today, i have nothing left to say to this wonderful human being, but to ask the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth to continue to bless mr.ribadu. I ask for forgiveness for all i have done to damage what this man has done and i also ask my good friends (nairalanders) to forgive me from being stupid and inhuman.
i will convert my negativity towards ribadu into positivity from today forward. and he, ribadu better don't let me down.

may God bless this gentleman, called ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by mustafar1: 2:15am On Aug 05, 2009
cre8tivity:

i do get it, i totally understand why debosky feels this way. ribadu is the greatest and he should be treated with respect.

i wish this topic is deleted, ribadu doesn't deserve to be treated this way.

unfortunately quite a large chunck of threads relating to ribadu on this site were posted by you.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Dede1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ribadu is a typical Nigerian fraud and will remain so as long as I am concerned. I have tried to find reasons behind his rapid promotion within Nigerian police but could not find anything intangible talk less of tangible.

OBJ is not a fool by any stretch of imagination when he applied the same ploy to skyrocket Ribadu’s promotion to AIG. As a so-called messiah of the cesspit called Nigeria and a man of impeccable character, he would have questioned what prompted all the sudden heavy-handed promotions dropped on his laps.

It is funny that Ribadu has no outstanding police record and yet most inhabitants of the jungle are trying very hard to make a saint out of him. I shall never cut my nose because I despise my face.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Afam(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
Dede1:

Ribadu is a typical Nigerian fraud and will remain so as long as I am concerned. I have tried to find reasons behind his rapid promotion within Nigerian police but could not find anything intangible talk less of tangible.

Dede1, this issue of Ribadu is not about as far as you are concerned, it is about what happened and what changed when he was in charge of the EFCC. Ribadu made it possible for Nigerians to know that indeed you can tackle corruption if you wanted to. Given the state of things in Nigeria today I believe even if his rapid promotion took him to the position of IGP with the same fight against corruption Nigeria would have been a much better place at least in the area of corruption.

Dede1:

It is funny that Ribadu has no outstanding police record and yet most inhabitants of the jungle are trying very hard to make a saint out of him. I shall never cut my nose because I despise my face.

Quote one single person that is trying to make a saint out of Ribadu on this thread or on any thread for that matter. Such blanket statement should not be coming from you regardless of how you may dislike or hate Ribadu.

Nigeria to those living in the country is not a jungle and I believe it is unfair for you to keep referring to Nigeria as a jungle as it amounts to insulting the people that live in the country.

We can make our points both for or against anything without wahala.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by GeorgeD1(m): 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
if ribadu was obj's weapon, then waziri is yar-a-dull's tool cheesy
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2009
debosky:

Unreserved love? No such thing!

But when someone like cre8tivity comes on nairaland with the SOLE purpose of destroying Ribadu's image, I smell a rat and it must be exposed. She is either in the paid employ of the current corrupt goons running the country or was severely impacted by Ribadu's anti-corruption efforts.

Ribadu is not flawless, he became political in the release of the so called 'list' and definitely didn't go after every single person I felt he should've. But for crying out loud, as the first leader of the EFCC in a corrupt country like Nigeria, he was still a breath of fresh air. The terrible state of his replacements makes him look even better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Edgar_Hoover

John Edgar Hoover (January 1, 1895 – May 2, 1972), generally known as J. Edgar Hoover, was the first Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States. Appointed director of the Bureau of Investigation — predecessor to the FBI — in 1924, he was instrumental in founding the FBI in 1935, where he remained director until his death in 1972. Hoover is credited with building the FBI into a large and efficient crime-fighting agency, and with instituting a number of modern innovations to police technology, such as a centralized fingerprint file and forensic laboratories.

Hoover was highly regarded by much of the U.S. public, but posthumously he became an increasingly controversial figure. His many critics asserted that he exceeded the jurisdiction of the FBI.[1] He used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[2] and to use illegal methods to collect evidence.[3] It is because of Hoover's long and controversial reign that FBI directors are now limited to 10-year terms.[4]

the above says it all, imho.

i've said something of this nature in the past.

there is NO such thing as an unblemished hero. today, they don't even exist in on the silver screen, as moviegoers have come to expect realistic , flawed protagonists.
We all celebrate fashola, but we know he also has his flaws. ditto for obama . but they get things done. just as ribadu did. waziri is just an incompetent seat warmer .

it has been said that the journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. well ribadu must have gone five steps, maybe 10. waziri has taken us back over a hundred. Aandooka, ibori and co have succeeded in sending EFCC the way of so many other grandly conceived bodies etal (MAMSER, NEEDS, NAPTIP etc) a meaningless alphabet soup acronym.

i seem to even recall reading in TELL that waziri was originally recruited by Bukola Saraki as a 'consultant' to extricate his father from the Societe General Mess - EFCC was seriously on his case.

Once upon a time, there was some form of hope that the criminals running this country would be brought to book, or at least curtailed.now all that is gone. creativity's masters have sent a clear message out to nigeria and to the world - in nigeria, the criminals are in control. they run things.

George_D:

if ribadu was obj's weapon, then waziri is yar-a-dull's tool cheesy

more like yaradull's figurehead/cipher

cipher - 1 a : zero 1a b : one that has no weight, worth, or influence : nonentity
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Dede1(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Afam

I appreciate your concerns over Ribadu and Nigeria as well as your deserved opinions. By the same token, I would want you to appreciate my concerns and well deserved opinions over Ribadu and Nigeria too.

We can not begin to think about a better country for us when dissenters and contrarians are indicted in the courts of public opinions and personal sentiments. In my lifetime, I have seen Nigerian prominent politician(s) referred to Nigeria as a geographical expression. What could be more geographical expression than jungle? The last time I checked, I am entitled to qualify Nigeria with any word I deemed feat as long as no law is contravened.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by Afam(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2009
Dede1:

We can not begin to think about a better country for us when dissenters and contrarians are indicted in the courts of public opinions and personal sentiments. In my lifetime, I have seen Nigerian prominent politician(s) referred to Nigeria as a geographical expression. What could be more geographical expression than jungle? The last time I checked, I am entitled to qualify Nigeria with any word I deemed feat as long as no law is contravened.

No wahala, we hope to turn this country around for the better. The darkest period of the night they say, is just before dawn.
Re: Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri by GeorgeD1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
nigeria go better one day smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Multi-party System In Nigeria? What's your View / Reuben Abati: From Government Critic To Apologist / US Intelligence Sources Links Boko Haram With Al-Qaeda. Terror!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.