Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better (624 Views)

Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] / Cheap Agric and Farm Lands For Sale / Looking For Farm Lands For Sale Or Lease In Lagos, Ogun, Oyo Or Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better by Davozy: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2016
BUYING VERSUS RENTING FARMLANDS WHICH IS BETTER?

Good morning dear nairalanders. I have been thinking lately about buying versus renting a farm land which is better? Am sure they both have their pros and cons. Can we talk about it?
Re: Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better by cleavon(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2016
I prefer buying for livestock..because I won't be restricted and leasing for crop farming..because u don't need the land for a very long period of time and u can acquire a large land mass with leasing than buying.

1 Like

Re: Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better by caesaraba(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2016
Actually as for crop farming, it depends on the kind of project you are embarking on. If you want to irrigate and you aren't close to a water body, you'd definitely not want to drill a borehole on a leased land. However, like the poster above me said, if you just want a short-term gig then it's better to lease.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better by Davozy: 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=cleavon post=44307118]I prefer buying for livestock..because

Thanks for your contribution cleavon am actually thinking of buying but just worried about some future land dispute considering am not Yoruba and plan buying from either oyo or osun state

1 Like

Re: Buying Versus Renting Of Farm Lands Which Is Better by Davozy: 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
caesaraba:
Actually as for crop farming, it depends on the kind of project you are embarking on. If you want to irrigate and you aren't close to a water body, you'd definitely not want to drill a borehole on a leased land. However, like the poster above me said, if you just want a short-term gig then it's better to lease.

Thanks caesaraba. Crop farming is what I have in mind but with lease, I know I have certain restrictions and like you said, I can't dig a bore hole on a leased farm should invade neither can I build a barn.

Am seriously debating it.

(1) (Reply)

Our Client Wants To Start A Farming Business.We Need A Reliable Guide / Tm Farming Service / Fish Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.