Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari (21801 Views)

New: Dakkada Refinery Recruitment Is Just In Rush And Apply / Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On / Names Of Candidates Shortlisted For Nigeria Police Recruitment – 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Ridwan1821: 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
– President Buhari says the new police recruitment will strenghten the police force

– He urged the force to be transparent in the recruitment

– He said a lot is expected from the force to deliver

President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed that the reason the country is recruiting 10,000 police personnel is to tackle the issue of youth employment.

President Buhari who was represented by Abdulrahman Dambazau who is the minister of interior said this on Friday, April 1 at a ceremonial parade to mark the 2016 Police Week in Abuja.

NAN reports that Dambazau said the recruitment will address the manpower gap in the force and advised the management to put national interest into consideration during the recruitment.

He said: “In carrying out this exercise, I expect the Nigeria Police to put national interest in the foremost.”

He revealed that over 1,000 patrol vehicles and other logistics to strengthen operational capacity have been donated to the police.

He said: “No nation thrives without security, and neither can a nation lay claim to security without an efficient policing service.

“This administration shall continue to support initiatives that will guarantee the reform and modernisation of the Nigeria Police.

“I must clearly recognise that the nation expects so much from the police.”

He said the government was determined to “bequeath a reformed, re-oriented, well trained, well equipped and highly motivated police.”

Solomon Arase, the inspector general of police said with the support of the citizens, the police will continue to ensure peace and stability.

He said that in spite of the challenges, the police still deserve recommendation for their service.

“We recognise the sacrifice of officers and men who sweat it out under the scorching sun, the drizzling rains and the cold nights to stay alert in order to ensure the safety and security.

“In essence, the Police Week is a celebration of our history as well as an opportunity for the Force to reconnect with the people for a more effective policing,” he said.

Meanwhile, Senator Shehu Sani said that the police recruitment exercise is a commendable step in addressing the manpower challenge of the Police force. He promised to keep an eye on the recruitment process and make sure it is transparent.

https://www.naij.com/785333-revealed-why-we-are-recruiting-10000-police-president-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by 151487made(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wit that stupid age barrier? Ok ooo we dey watch

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Fmartin(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
mr. President bt u knw say na 1m jobs/annum u promise we pple Fingers cross :-Xmr. President bt u knw say na 1m jobs/annum u promise we pple Fingers cross

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by TippyTop(m): 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Police state loading..... Hisbah police loading....

Intelligent govt would have invested heavily in agriculture but not this dullard.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by junketer(m): 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
I didn't bother reading bcus this dullllapo dey always yan trash but i'm sure he said this in america, to the american press just to save face.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by leki10(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hmmmm.... But fuel price is still 200naira here.... Next please

12 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by domopps(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
A very good move tho!

You guys needs 2 see our internal guards in my office coming to meet me one by one that how far abt this police recruitment and they would love to apply! One even asked for the deadline and I told him MAY 13th

Cheeeers

5 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Integrityfarms(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
This recruitment will either make or Mar APC anti corruption shoutings!
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Freelancer007(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
K
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good idea I think but...

Paying a married man, university graduate 50k a month and giving him a gun in this present economic situation is tantamount to giving him a license to survive anyway possible.

Improve the package pls

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Eboh4z: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
All of u, applying to join police, after swearing for them.Hope you know the swear will soon start to follow you...

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Till then.
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by wristbangle: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
10,000 go tackle unemployment 4 naija
kennygee:
Till then.
Aunty kehinde sad

2 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by ayoola648(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment and boast corruption.

5 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by DonaldGenes(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
U APC
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by masterblogger(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Police? A force I won't advice my worst enemy to join.

6 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by goldiam(f): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
I swear poor man don suffer for this government hand.You do well nah only recruitment like army,police etc una go make open if nah central bank recruitment or we no go see am for news.Una Fada!!!!!!!.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by ki02020(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
Too bad if they are been recruited just for employment sake...policing is a very sensitive job that require the personnel to be fully ready for any policing activities and not just seeing it as a means of putting food on the table ....for me this exercise is just for doing sake and not for security sake angry

12 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by kolomax(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
TippyTop:

Intelligent govt would have invested heavily in agriculture but not this dullard.
with that your write-up it shows you have nothing upstairs a country that there's little or no security should invest in agriculture

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Codes151(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
Is ur son applying? SmhhhhhhhHhhhhhh

11 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by FTBOY: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
LMAO! as if police na better work

3 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by hemartins(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good move to those that would benefit from it.
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Ramanto(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
THEN THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS BEEN DEFEATED.

THAT REASON IS NOT REASONABLE ENOUGH, MR PRESIDENT, WHY NOT EMPOWER THE YOUTHS AND MAKE THEM PRODUCTIVE IN THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAYS?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Nellybii: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
TippyTop:

I think we should wait and see how the budget addresses these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by ikombe: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Fmartin:
mr. President bt u knw say na 1m jobs/annum u promise we pple Fingers cross :-Xmr. President bt u knw say na 1m jobs/annum u promise we pple Fingers cross
you talk true ma nigga grin

1 Like

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by UnknownT: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
In saner climes, people join the police and other armed forces because of the passion. Over here, we join just to get alert at the end of the month, who am I to complain sha? Make I follow apply joor!!! grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by MrCounselor: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Good move
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by HartIse(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
Buhari is employing Law enforcement officers just to keep them from being unemployed. What a shame. That's how he will pack nuisances into the force & give them guns... So this is the employment opportunities he promised.

12 Likes

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by felixgreat: 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
Well done my president. God bless u sir
Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by michael3876(m): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
this govt self. I tire ooo. I taught they will empower d youth via agriculture and industrialization. we wailers re watching.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari by Mctimothylota(m): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Haba, so na police u wan use tackle d unemployment issue, i shame 4 una..

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Institute Of Agricultural Research & Training Recruitment For Non-academic Staff / Post Your Vacancies On Nairalist.com: It's Easy And It's Free / Dear 2017 Pre-selected Applicant, Good Evening, Please See The News Below. Ki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.