Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007823 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2016
Iamshuga:
Hello friends.
I'm 22years old.
got admitted to SAIT for 2year college diploma.
no post secondary education yet.
I applied for trv last 2weeks,
my fear is dat I didn't include my (Maternal Uncle) sponsor's CAC documents coz his a business man.
but, I added my mum's(retired civil servant)retirement, pension & gratuity documents coz shez my Co sponsor..
Just Wana know if there's a chance of getting trv without cac documents.
I'm the last child out of six, and mum stated that others are graduates and works in different establishments. so, obviously & truly, I'm d only dependant.
Lost dad 3years ago.
Only CIC visa officers can only give you a correct answer to this question.
But to relax your mind, every application is unique. You have provided documents to serve as proof of funds, you should have added the c.a.c documents, but since u left it out, just be optimistic, your mum's document might just suffice as back up. The C.a.c proves your co-sponsor is doing a legitimate buisness, and thats where his/her funds come from. If The v.o is satisfied with what he sees(docs you submitted), he approves it. Nobody, on Nairaland, can tell you that because you didn't include c.a.c documents you won't get your TRV, some have gotten TRV's without attaching c.a.c documents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opsyF: 4:04pm On May 29, 2016
livingseed:

Hi opsyF,
You might still need more clarity on it. But here is my small guess on what to fill under room and board, other and funds available for your stay.

Let's assume you pay $500 per month for room and you got $2000 per month for board. Then room (shelter) = 500x 2years = 12,000. Board ( eats, fares, keeps) = 2000 x 2years = 4000. Hence Room and Board = $16,000. The extra $10k should fall under Other. Overall, funds available for your stay = 33k(Tuition) + 16k(Room and Board) + 10k(Other) = $59k. Hope this helps a little.

thanks for the info. You are suggesting I show funds for the two years?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Oyeleye2011(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2016
There is no PGD program at Okanagan college. They only have diploma and degree programs. And also they don't have computer engineering but they offer computer science in diploma and degree.

abdulkabirtobi:

Thanks oga,I wanna apply with my HND to any of their PGD program related to my computer engr field.
Since I'm not transferring credits,I guess I'm not gonna pay for the transcript evaluation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eugene83: 4:15pm On May 29, 2016
pweetiesuzie:
Good day house, Happy Sunday to you all! Pls i have some enquiries to make.
Fitstly, i currently hold an admission letter to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Edmonton, Alberta, but my uncle in Canada adviced that i should not use the offer letter
Secondly, i am planning on taking with me my 10months old baby girl.
Your uncle is wise and that is a right move. Use the biochemistry.
Yes you can change school and program once you're in canada
I'd advice you to not take your 10 month old child with yoy but to rather have her and your husband as home and family ties.
It's good your husband has the money but like I said it's better they both stay back. You are going to school so make school your first and only priority.
V.O in my opinion wants to know you're not going to have distractions when you go as a student. If you take your child with you she'd be a distraction. It doesn't matter who takes care of her whiles you're in school. You're the mother.you will be distracted. Let her stay home with her father.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 4:30pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks a bunch, real brother @Wayaa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2016
Eugene83:

Your uncle is wise and that is a right move. Use the biochemistry.
Yes you can change school and program once you're in canada
I'd advice you to not take your 10 month old child with yoy but to rather have her and your husband as home and family ties.
It's good your husband has the money but like I said it's better they both stay back. You are going to school so make school your first and only priority.
V.O in my opinion w ants to know you're not going to have distractions when you go as a student. If you take your child with you she'd be a distraction.v It doesn't matter who takes care of her whiles you're in school. You're the mother.you will be distracted. Let her stay home with her father.

Dats it,Eugene has said it all,i remember bosypumpins app was denied several times becos she wanted to take her suckling baby along wit her. She thought it was normal for one to do dt in her own view bt wen she applied for her gcms file she found out dat the V.O wasnt satisfied dt she wud concentrate while schooling and at d same time nurse her baby. You cn imagine,i kept askin myself hw is it there headache,na dem go carry her pikin for her? See gbege oh.
So i suggest u do that eugene stated.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by livingseed: 4:43pm On May 29, 2016
opsyF:

Yes. Personally, I think it's not bad to show funds for the two years in the IMM 1294E. Don't forget to show complementary proof of that fund on your account statement. You can show $103k as funds available for your two years stay on the IMM 1294E. Please get more info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by travy: 5:12pm On May 29, 2016
Good evening everyone. Please I need direction on how to get to Lekki Phase 1 from Abeokuta in Ogun State.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:17pm On May 29, 2016
Nadia94:

Well i just said d same thng now.. Everyone has a UCI number is what i am trying to say here ooo.. Rejected or approved applicants.
The diff is that first timers dont get theirs until they have submitted their first application..
So first timers are to leave the space blank (Just wanting to clarify that, most people get that UCI number thing wrong and still dont get me wrong here o..)
Please don't leave it blank,but put N/A or Not Applicable
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:20pm On May 29, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:
Checking through conestoga college website,I find out that their fees are in $ but couldn't figure out if they actually meant cad$,anybody with an idea pls?
Canadian dolls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Oyeleye2011(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2016
Firstly TRV is by grace. Something that work for Mr A may not work for Mr B. You can as well use your offer in physical therapist diploma in applying for TRV but also it is ok to use offer in master as your uncle suggest in order to be on safer side. Because when am applying for my TRV, I used my offer in Therapist Assistant Diploma and I already have a degree in Biochemistry in nigeria before I left nigeria.
And yes, you can change school and province when you get to Canada, just make sure you went through the school and province you used to apply for TRV then you can now change to anywhere you wanted to go.
I will suggest you use your child as home tie but I know it is very difficult because they child is still a baby. But yes you can include him in your application but you have to show good financial standing to CIC to take care of the baby when you are in canada even though the you know the baby will be staying with wife of your brother in law.

pweetiesuzie:

Fitstly, i currently hold an admission letter to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Edmonton, Alberta, but my uncle in Canada adviced that i should not use the offer letter to apply for TRV because the program is not related to my course of study (Bsc biochemistry) and aso because its a diploma course. So, i am applying for a TRV with admission letter to study Masters in Biochemistry at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Labrador. (Not paying tuition though)
After getting the TRV & moving to Canada, is it possible i change schools & province since i already have an offer to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Alberta?

Secondly, i am planning on taking with me my 10months old baby girl. How possible is that considering the fact that i will be staying with my brother-in-law and family & there is enough money in my husband's bank account to prove that He can afford to pay my tuition and living expenses for a year & also our baby's childcare & other expenses(even though our baby will be staying with my brother-in-law's kids & wife while i am in school)
Has anyone achieved this in the house & how will i go about it? Pls advice.

Thanks for your prompt & favorable response

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ademcoboy(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2016
Hello house,
i am interested in applying for msc soil science at Saskatchewan university...i was told that to be eligible for the deans scholarship, one must have an entrance GPA of 85%. my final CPA is 4.72 of 5.00(nigeria university)
please how do I convert my CGPA, to percentage according to Saskatchewan university standard.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bfire(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2016
pweetiesuzie:

Fitstly, i currently hold an admission letter to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Edmonton, Alberta, but my uncle in Canada adviced that i should not use the offer letter to apply for TRV because the program is not related to my course of study (Bsc biochemistry) and aso because its a diploma course. So, i am applying for a TRV with admission letter to study Masters in Biochemistry at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Labrador. (Not paying tuition though)
After getting the TRV & moving to Canada, is it possible i change schools & province since i already have an offer to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Alberta?

Secondly, i am planning on taking with me my 10months old baby girl. How possible is that considering the fact that i will be staying with my brother-in-law and family & there is enough money in my husband's bank account to prove that He can afford to pay my tuition and living expenses for a year & also our baby's childcare & other expenses(even though our baby will be staying with my brother-in-law's kids & wife while i am in school)

The mere fact that you mentioned that your child will be staying with your inlaw is already a red flag to the VO

The responsibility to your child now becomes Canada expense because your inlaw is probably Canadian.

You already have a better chance in terms of family ties if you allow your husband to take care of the child in Nigeria. Don't spoil am ooo

My 2 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Newman1010: 5:45pm On May 29, 2016
rallymento:
you had 2m in ur account and ur sponsor had 3m in his account? Did u pay any part of ur tuition?

I only paid CAD 1500 to secure my seat for the program. I guess it was because the money in my sponsors account was fixed.
Please is there anyone in the house who had similar issue and still got TRV even after lodging large sums over a short period of time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rallymento(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2016
Newman1010:

I only paid CAD 1500 to secure my seat for the program. I guess it was because the money in my sponsors account was fixed.
Please is there anyone in the house who had similar issue and still got TRV even after lodging large sums over a short period of time

Bro cool down and fund your account, request to defer your admission for winter ,plan well and try again.. you will get it this time around... Amen don't show any form of desperation.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 6:04pm On May 29, 2016
Hi guys, respect to all d gurus in d house.

Please, can I use my Pension Fund account balance as a proof of fund?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 6:29pm On May 29, 2016
Newman1010:

Please Please how much did you have deducted in naira for$1500,and which bank......Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 6:48pm On May 29, 2016
travy:
Good evening everyone. Please I need direction on how to get to Lekki Phase 1 from Abeokuta in Ogun State.

Thank you.

Get a bus to oshodi, then from Oshodi ask around for buses going to lekki/Ajah. If it's vfs office tell them ur stopping at 3rd roundabout otherwise tell them lekki Phase 1.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
i do not understand you...
na date to comot you suppose dey help me reason.......
Ethan45:

Oga Haykins hw far nw,kilo happen? I neva hear frm ur side oh, u know say i d go block rosary dey recite catena for ur mata. Shebi Oluwa don do u Ezeke?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Finestlex(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2016
The program is boring. When it was time for coop, my program coordinator told us plainly that we are international students and no one is gonna take us since the program is designed for Canadians. Whoever wants to hire you, expect you to be Canadian.
kife:

I will like to understand you bro, is it that Job prospects are low for international students with a pub Admin degree? Or that it's not a relevant course of study to the Canadian Economy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:10pm On May 29, 2016
bjmme:
Please Please how much did you have deducted in naira for$1500,and which bank......Thank you

Access bank deducted N256,499.76 from my account for the $1500 cad.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 7:16pm On May 29, 2016
ademcoboy:
Hello house,
i am interested in applying for msc soil science at Saskatchewan university...i was told that to be eligible for the deans scholarship, one must have an entrance GPA of 85%. my final CPA is 4.72 of 5.00(nigeria university)
please how do I convert my CGPA, to percentage according to Saskatchewan university standard.
Thanks

urs is 94.4%
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SailorXY: 7:27pm On May 29, 2016
yemdogg:

Just 170/$? You lucky o cool you won't pay less than 330k if you try it today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chidarlus(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2016
yemdogg:

thats approximately 171naira to a dollar....d same access bank charged me 260naira to a dollar ....abeg when did u pay?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ademcoboy(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2016
Kriss77:

urs is 94.4%
thanks...is this how they will calculate it at Saskatchewan university Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by travy: 8:17pm On May 29, 2016
phrancisco:

Get a bus to oshodi, then from Oshodi ask around for buses going to lekki/Ajah. If it's vfs office tell them ur stopping at 3rd roundabout otherwise tell them lekki Phase 1.

Yes, I'm going to the vfs office. I appreciate your guidance, God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 8:27pm On May 29, 2016
opsyF:

you should show funds for only 1 year in the funds part .Thats what is stated in the cic website .Your sponsors financial competence goes to show d VO that u will be able to meet up the other year .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 8:39pm On May 29, 2016
[The bus stop is ikate. Drop at ikate and cross d express to the other side
quote author=phrancisco post=46088028]

Get a bus to oshodi, then from Oshodi ask around for buses going to lekki/Ajah. If it's vfs office tell them ur stopping at 3rd roundabout otherwise tell them lekki Phase 1.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2016
livingseed:

Hi opsyF,
You might still need more clarity on it. But here is my small guess on what to fill under room and board, other and funds available for your stay.

Let's assume you pay $500 per month for room and you got $2000 per month for board. Then room (shelter) = 500x 2years = 12,000. Board ( eats, fares, keeps) = 2000 x 2years = 4000. Hence Room and Board = $16,000. The extra $10k should fall under Other. Overall, funds available for your stay = 33k(Tuition) + 16k(Room and Board) + 10k(Other) = $59k. Hope this helps a little.

@opsyF, please in order not to put pressure in your account. It is advisable to show proof of 1 year living expenses including tuition, room n board. Limit everything to 1 yr but if you are OBO no problem you can show up to 5 years expenses no yawa.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by travy: 8:48pm On May 29, 2016
tolumuntari:
The bus stop is ikate. Drop at ikate and cross d express to the other side

Thank you so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 8:50pm On May 29, 2016
pweetiesuzie:

i tik the masters will be good to apply for your trv with since u have that option,as for taking your baby ,I will advice you do that cause it will be irresponsible to d VO for u to leave ur 10 months old baby for your husband.I have a 2 year old and I applied with her and I have seen so many people successful in doing that .Just state ur hubby has enough fund for the both of you .Having a child is no t a limit to achieving ur potentials and the VO knows that.Dont mention ur uncles wife will take care of her too ,just show funds for the both of u and state ur uncles is in Canada in d questionnaire.All the best to Us .Just pray and leave it be.If it doesn't work out applying with ur daughter at first ,u can always try without her in d next .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Newman1010: 9:14pm On May 29, 2016
bjmme:

The rate was about 170/CAD then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.