Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007695 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
eridemilade:

Which is d proper address ooooo embarassed
Ghana is the right address...it's just that some peeps eliminate the writing of address on the SOP or invitation letter. The address shouldn't be an issue subject to debate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
adesbaba:
thanks huzzie n adeyemi...av mailed some skuls...can i get around 7000CAD in university then.....
Accounting is one of the most lucrative professions in Canada. 9 out of 10 schools will request GMAT as a requirement to get into the accounting program at the masters level. Based on my research in 2012/2013, I knew 2schools that didn't request GMAT, Brock University (Masters in Accountancy $20k+) and UNBC (Masters in finance $8k+).
Believe me, with your budget you can't get a Masters program in Accounting without GMAT, while as for Pgd in accounting or business related courses, you will spend at least twice your budget in Ontario.
To proof any of this assertion wrong, you would have to dig deep into every university/college in Canada.
All the best.
Cheers cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by eridemilade: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Huzzie:

Ghana is the right address...it's just that some peeps eliminate the writing of address on the SOP or invitation letter. The address shouldn't be an issue subject to debate.

Thanks.
U've been so helpful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigration-rules/students-study-visas/

we should all digest this over and over again...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

For a single person, you will need to show a minimum of $10,000 in addition to tuition.

I saw this from that link.

Do we have to use official dollar rate or black market rate?

thesoj and @everybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
official
iykedare:

I saw this from that link.

Do we have to use official dollar rate or black market rate?

thesoj and @everybody

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
official

Thanks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 03, 2016
Morning Everyone,

Anyone heading to ottawa this week?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Notasowie30s(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Hello house
This question goes to those going to fanshawn collage or those using peer transfer to pay your fees , I wanted to know, when the money is being deducted from your account how long will it take for you to get an email from your bank and peer transfer concerning your payment ?
Please I need urgent responses please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

I have visited this link... Very informative and directive. Thanks@hayqinsbFX

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bandeco(m): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all. Trv must be gotten this month.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adesbaba: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
thanks alot huzzie...i tot dat colleges were cheaper

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vickyehi: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
VICTORDEBELS:
I am very happy to be part of this family! Thumbs up to you all... Please I have a question, a friend of mine is very much concerned regarding her health challenge( positive to HEPATITIS VIRUS dx). She is currently on medications and worried if it could affect the result of her medicals. Ps: she is yet to apply for a TRV. @thesoj, justwise, other guruz...

Your friend should go to a good lab and request to do hepatitis b viral load test.if she is resident in lagos she can send me a pm.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Once peertransfer get there account crdtd they will send u a mail an also call. Then on there site u will see ur receipt, after 3 days u get a mail from Fanshawe.
Notasowie30s:
Hello house
This question goes to those going to fanshawn collage or those using peer transfer to pay your fees , I wanted to know, when the money is being deducted from your account how long will it take for you to get an email from your bank and peer transfer concerning your payment ?
Please I need urgent responses please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bandeco:
Happy Sunday to you all. Trv must be gotten this month.

Amen ooo. For May resumption. So that we can book our flights on time because fare is beginning to rise already as per Summer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Notasowie30s(m): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
olah23:
Once peertransfer get there account crdtd they will send u a mail an also call. Then on there site u will see ur receipt, after 3 days u get a mail from Fanshawe.
am I to print the receipt from the site .? Ori should wait till it to the school ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
U can use the one on the peer site it's written in fanshawe name and stamped..
Notasowie30s:
am I to print the receipt from the site .? Ori should wait till it to the school ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
adesbaba:
pls friends i really need ur help...i want to av
my pgd in canada but do not av much ...pls can
i get a college that pays around #6000
CAD....and their names...... Also can i get 8
months or 1 year pgd courses,am an accounting
graduate.....tanks alot...favour to all trv
applicants.......

NBCC, Northern light college, selkirk college, new foundland college,all these colleges are at d range of $8k to $10k per year nd dey all hv PGD or PGC programs related to u first degree

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by beautified(f): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
just graduated from the University and would love to have my masters in international relations in Canada immediately after NYSC. How do I start the whole processing.?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bombman: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello I'm coming to Mun this summer. I'll be happy if you can assist me to find an affordable accommodation.thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bombman: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
@ victordebels a friend of mine was positive to hepatitis yet he got his trv.hep doesn't automatically lead to refusals. Besides they are more focus on tb, hiv, syphilis
So chill, don't worry much

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blackhoney(f): 6:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
am a graduate of banking and finance with 2:1 I got admission to Lethbridge college to study general studies diploma reason 4 d choice of course is I intend to switch to nursing after d program and dis course gives me d freedom to do so my dad is a medical doctor I intend coming back to manage his hospital advice pls am I on the right track

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
It's our Month of Lifting... TRV has landed

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
People write SOP for SOWP?

I should be submitting my app mid-april..
Pls i need to have an idea how d SOP was written..

I really dont want t be denied or delayed..

Thanks in Anticipation!

Huzzie:
It's been awesome joining this wonderful thread since 2013 (part 5, i think). I just want to encourage everyone to keep hope high.
My wife got her Spousal Open Wok Permit (SOWP) on Thursday and I thought this might lift someone's spirit out there.

Applied for SOWP on December 7th with upfront medicals, after 3months of waiting, application was denied March 3rd based on two grounds.
-Purpose of visit
-Proof of relationship.
I was upset on the reasons given because I found it absurd. Immediately she gathered necessary documents and emphasized in her SOP the reasons for previous denial and how she has provided evidence to address it.

Re-applied March 7.
Medicals passed& Passport request March 23th
Passport submitted March 24th.
TRV approved and dispatched March 29th.
Picked up trv March 31St.

My one cent- if you were denied TRV, all things being equal ensure that the reasons for denial are addressed before Re-applying. How do I know this, because I was also denied TRV in my first application in 2013.
Anyways, kudos to the peeps that have kept this forum going, keep the good work up.

Cheers grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VICTORDEBELS: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
bombman:
@ victordebels a friend of mine was positive to hepatitis yet he got his trv.hep doesn't automatically lead to refusals. Besides they are more focus on tb, hiv, syphilis
So chill, don't worry much
Thanks bro! I'll pass this info across to her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Huzzie: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
BE811APP:
People write SOP for SOWP?

I should be submitting my app mid-april..
Pls i need to have an idea how d SOP was written..

I really dont want t be denied or delayed..

Thanks in Anticipation!

There's no special thing to it....basically, it's explaining the purpose of visit.
My spouse's has 3 paragraphs. 1st paragraph was literally an introduction into who she is, where she lives and how long we have known each other.
2nd paragraph gave an insight into her academic background, experience and what she currently does.
In her last paragraph she clearly stated that she wanted to come into Canada to help me emotionally, psychologically and financially. That being away from loved ones for too long can lead to poor academic performance.

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello good ppl,
I posted on this forum in January how my application was denied and the details of the document I submitted.
I was then advised to apply for my gcsm file which I did, after waiting for 2months, d file is finally out.
It was an eye opener- I found out from the VO summary that I choose d wrong course of study

Attached below is summary of d file.

My background
Mechanical Engineering (HND) upper credit, 2007
I have both mech and elect work experiences,
I apply with Electrical Techniques( Ontario college certificate) which I was denied.
From my little research, I intend applying for 2yrs Advanced Diploma in electromechanical engineering Technology
I need the candid inputs of the gurus in the house. Am I on the right track?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:08am On Apr 04, 2016
blackhoney:
am a graduate of banking and finance with 2:1 I got admission to Lethbridge college to study general studies diploma reason 4 d choice of course is I intend to switch to nursing after d program and dis course gives me d freedom to do so my dad is a medical doctor I intend coming back to manage his hospital advice pls am I on the right track

Hi, I'm sorry to say that it's not likely you'll get the TRV. Firstly, you want to do a Diploma having possessed a Bahelors'degree which is higher. Secondly, General Studies seem too General... Lolz...that you have to convince VO that there's no school or other professional courses in Nigeria that can give you the same set of skills you are seeking to acquire.

Most of all, if you decide to still give it a shot, apply with a PGC or PGD instead but don't ever mention that you'll be switching to nursing ooo. That would be too much of inconsistency.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.