Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006740 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2016
And when the organisation refuse to issue out study leave as a result of being a contract staff,in which they let me know they can only give me a letter of introduction and a letter from the department where i am working with,of which i am more a year with them.

what can one do.please dont advise me to beg o,i have done that already.
omooba2015:

YES... because, u claim u are working, and the organization need to grant u permission to study.. Abi u don retire from d company..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2016
jj17cv:
@kelvyn29
Go to gcmsnow.com and put your debit card 23$ for standard Gcms note after payment you can now fill your info

USD or CAD ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbsunmonu: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2016
michV:
its not all about paying tuition fees but having a credible sponsorship with good sufficient funds in the VO's eye. if your LOA states payment of tuition as a condition to meet the unconditional offer,then pay or if it specified tuition payment as a condition to secure your seat before a specific deadline, then pay. atimes you might pay a full duration tuition fees but if the sponsor/sponshorship is not credibe(using company sponsorship)to the VO's eyes,i don't see it excelling,but even if the sponsor is credible and have paid ur full tuition fee for ur duration,ensure that there is sufficient funds for ur MAINTEANCE/LIVING EXPENSES /TRANSPOATATION without working in canada in ur sponsor's account/transfered to yours if not you could be faulted in this aspect for insufficiency.
make i face duty..later!
michV:
its not all about paying tuition fees but having a credible sponsorship with good sufficient funds in the VO's eye. if your LOA states payment of tuition as a condition to meet the unconditional offer,then pay or if it specified tuition payment as a condition to secure your seat before a specific deadline, then pay. atimes you might pay a full duration tuition fees but if the sponsor/sponshorship is not credibe(using company sponsorship)to the VO's eyes,i don't see it excelling,but even if the sponsor is credible and have paid ur full tuition fee for ur duration,ensure that there is sufficient funds for ur MAINTEANCE/LIVING EXPENSES /TRANSPOATATION without working in canada in ur sponsor's account/transfered to yours if not you could be faulted in this aspect for insufficiency.
make i face duty..later!

Thank you boss.

Sponsor had 6M as a balance before but got denied.

But now sponsors has 10M in the account with reasonable inflow over 25M

School does not require any payment but all all expenses and tuition is 28k CAD ( TOTAL TUITION FOR YEARS COURSE IS 12K )

He is thinking of paying 6k out of the total tuition .( first session ) and still have account 10M

His sponsor is mum and uncle not a cooperate entity .

Thank you for the help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2016
ElCapt:
My Canada TRV choppers! Especially Carleton, University of Ottawa, Algonquin people. How are y'all chopping em TRVs?, let me know what's up with questions o, am in Carleton Uni. PM as well. wink
pls ,bro can u help me confirm the duration of aerospace enginering (MENG,courswork ) and d cost.i contacted dem thru email,but havent gotten any reply from dem.the info arent displayed explictly on their wbsite.

I wud be very grateful if u could help me do dat.

Anyways,how is ottawa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Thank you for this.....Michv you got the point, that is the issue the HRM raised for my case...will i now wait till that time...isnt o
michV:
bro Goodmorning,study leave IS NOT A MUST which many working have gotten their TRV without that.successful ones here can testify to my statement.but i would "consider" STUDY LEAVE LETTER A MUST on the CONDITION of if your intended academic pursuit is useful to an organization and/or intends to elevate your profile in such organization if you have the interest in coming back to such organization,then study leave is advisable.moreover some organizations grant study leave letter if you'v worked for a period of time like say 5yrs and above so it varies between organizations.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2016
@kelvlyn29
Only USD payment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by seunskills: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Baba Justwise this one wey you get our time today halleluyah grin

A note verbal is quite an important document but does it really cure any defect in a study permit application?

Moreso, he doesnt even work with the government; he works with an organisation who processed the note verbal on his behalf. These VOs dont just attach much importance to all the documents submitted by applicants, They have guidelines for reviewing and processing study permit application. They select relevant ones and discountenance others. Dont get me wrong i am not saying a note verbal is irrelevant or unimportant but in this context it seems a bit farfetched.

How does a note verbal expedite his application? we all know that most times when we submit our study permit applications they remain on queue for several weeks before the VOs even review the documents submitted. Until your application is opened, a VO would not know if you added a note verbal or not. Although some applications are attended to randomly. My point is, unless and until your application is opened a VO would ordinarily NOT know which document you submitted be it note verbal. Unless the Note Verbal is not included in his application package but sent directly to cic. More particularly so, he is not an official of the govt, he is not a diplomat, he is not going on an official assignment for the govt; He is simply furthering his studies; The vo may not see any cogent reason why his application should be expedited. Or is he one of those DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDER peeps grin.
Well i have not read the note verbal so i wouldnt know what was stated in it. All am just saying is that it would be advisable for him to first tie loose ends in his application. a note verbal is an addendum.

CIC has expressly stated the ways and means in which you can expedite your application. Its on their webiste.

I HAVE NOT USED A NOTE VERBAL BEFORE NEITHER HAVE I SEEN ANY ONE USED IT BEFORE SO I DONT KNOW TO WHAT EXTENT THESE VOs ATTACH IMPORTANCE TO IT. BUT SINCE YOU ARE CONVINCED THAT THE VO WILL ATTACH IMPORTANCE TO IT THEN BY ALL MEANS SUBMIT IT.
ACTUALLY IT DOESNT HURT YOUR APPLICATION. I WISH SEUNSKILLS BEST OF LUCK grin

I WOULD LOVE IF EGBON JUSTWISE EDUCATES ME FURTHER ON THIS SUBJECT...............WE LEARN EVERYDAY

Thanks for your comments on this issue, it is appreciated and I believe subsequent applicants in my scenario can learn from the discussion. I can't provide details but I'll state that:
1. I'm a uniform personnel, I work directly with the government.
2. I was released officially for the program which is directly related to my present work and my office gave a letter of introduction.
3. It's the duty of our protocol office to ensure they get the note verbal on my behalf, this is a routine process for all officers.

I have to wait for over a week to get this document despite already being late for submission which is why I was concerned about the timing.
As per the application packaging, it is tight as humanly possible but I'm relying on God who has the ultimate authority.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2016
Good day everyone. Cast ALL your cares upon JESUS CHRIST. HE alone has the POWER to do this or that. HE has given you the visa you need.

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2016
bjmme:
And when the organisation refuse to issue out study leave as a result of being a contract staff,in which they let me know they can only give me a letter of introduction and a letter from the department where i am working with,of which i am more a year with them.

what can one do.please dont advise me to beg o,i have done that already.
Do they include it in your letter of Introduction that u are a contract staff?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kayeyes: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2016
hi house,
i am trying to get admission to study business management/administration pgd in canada. i have a 3rd class in chem eng and i graduated in 2008. i work in an adminitrative/managerial capacity, i am 32 years old.
i applied to Conestoga and they gave me admission for business for two years and the certificate i would finish with is Ontario College Diploma. i made some enquires and i was told this i quite low since i already have a degree.
i decided to try maple education as my agent. i called them and the person i spoke with didnt care so much about my work history. the moment he heard my age and course and 3rd class, he just said i had a very slim chance.
i just want advice. i have read most of the posts in some of the previous threads, i have not seen any with my issue.
do i give up or try on my own? i know the peculiarities in my situation, which is why i wanted to use agents, but it wont hurt to exhaust other available means before giving up if necessary.
thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2016
seunskills:

Thanks for your comments on this issue, it is appreciated and I believe subsequent applicants in my scenario can learn from the discussion. I can't provide details but I'll state that:
1. I'm a uniform personnel, I work directly with the government.
2. I was released officially for the program which is directly related to my present work and my office gave a letter of introduction.
3. It's the duty of our protocol office to ensure they get the note verbal on my behalf, this is a routine process for all officers.

I have to wait for over a week to get this document despite already being late for submission which is why I was concerned about the timing.
As per the application packaging, it is tight as humanly possible but I'm relying on God who has the ultimate authority.

Baba nla your trv/study permit is a success.
Actually no single application is perfect it is only God that perfects our applications.

It is well..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by osbon: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2016
Hello People,

I recently got the Canada TRV for study. Please can someone advice me on what to expect at the border service. I would be arriving first in Toronto before taking another flight to the Uni.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
bjmme:
Thank you for this.....Michv you got the point, that is the issue the HRM raised for my case...will i now wait till that time...isnt o
thanks for the acknowledgement. as you said your are a contract staff there,you can do without STUDY LEAVE LETTER. my friend was a contract staff at FIRST BANK NIG LTD before he left for studies in canada,he didn't add study leave letter to his application,only his employment letter from the contracting firm,deployment letter,payslip,intro letter,work ID and personal SOA he added as work related docs. moreover examine your SOP on what you have written of what the usefulness of the degree in canada will add to ur profile on return. my friend stated as a contract staff that my intended degree will nourish me with the knowledge/skill to manage/analyse/secure financial investment i.e enhancing my career opportunity which would offer me the opportunity of being a full time staff position in any top booming financial organization in Nigeria thereby attracting bigger salary pay bla bla bla and so on.so in essence the study leave is not a must from them rather re-work on ur SOP if you already stated ur are coming back to work with them again. every statement in writing we make in our application interprets logical meaning to these VOs which we should be mindful of...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
osbon:
Hello People,

I recently got the Canada TRV for study. Please can someone advice me on what to expect at the border service. I would be arriving first in Toronto before taking another flight to the Uni.

Thanks.

Congratulations! I rejoice with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Answeredprayers: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Picked up my passport yesterday after submitting on the 21st.
Submitted my application on the 27th of May and got a passport request on the 19th of July.
I'm grateful to God and I know more trvs would be issued out soon. Please don't lose hope

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
michV:
bro Goodmorning sir,chillax!! Even my guy @yemdogg that applied same 6th has not been called for medicals..i guess you are for PGD/PGC. I guess CIC press HOLD button for PGC/PGD.

@Yemdogg can we have a private chat? want some information. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Answeredprayers:
Submitted my application on the 27th of May and got a passport request on the 19th of July.
I'm grateful to God and I know more trvs would be issued out soon. Please don't lose hope

Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
ChosenCanadian:

@Yemdogg can we have a private chat? want some information. Thanks.

Of course, feel free to pm me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
Answeredprayers:
congrats..i know its an online application but is it masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by seunskills: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Baba nla your trv/study permit is a success.
Actually no single application is perfect it is only God that perfects our applications.

It is well..... grin

Thanks chief,

All our efforts will be crowned with good success IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team12: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello people smileySorry I have been MIA (it didn't easy.. grin grin).

Anyway just thought to bring you guys an important info because I know there has been or used to be a lot of debate on the length of PGWP. I speak for Manitoba alone sha o... Anyway.. For those of you looking for a 2 year course just to get 3 year PGWP, that might not be necessary. If you school in Manitoba you would likely get a 3 year work permit for a masters program even if you did coursework only that lasted for minimum of 8 months.

Una know say I no dey talk wet in I no know cheesy:DAnd take it from me, this is not a special case o, that is what is reigning here!

The only people I know that got 2 years after 1 year masters was because their passport would expire soon and they have option to renew the PGWP after they renew their passport.

Manitoba is the place mehn! Plus you only need 6 months work experience to apply for PR....

Congrats to all those who recently got their TRVs and double congrats to those who are still waiting on God!!!

Cheers! God Win!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
There's so much tension and fear in the house today. Let me encourage someone with the word of my God.

Isaiah: 41. 19. I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:

Isaiah: 41. 20. That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it. - Bible Offline

Instead of being focused on how imperfect our applications were or remembering the omissions and inclusions which can impede the success of our application, why don't we trust God? Trust him fully. The bible says in Colossians 2:14 that the blood of Jesus has removed every requirement needed of us, every ordinance against us, rules and regulations which can't meet up with, the blood of Jesus has made a way of escape for us.
Isaiah 50 :7 says the Lord God will help me, there I have set my face like a flint and I know that I will not be put to shame.
The earth Is the Lords and it's fullness thereof, Canada Is not an exception.
The heart of a king is the hands of God, God is the VO of all VOs...Kabiyesi o! Okaka! Who can contend with Him? Listen don't be afraid, no man or temporary situation can close a door God wants to walk you through.

Lets trust God collectively, pray and believe. Focus on uplifting messages, remind yourself of how kind God is. Eradicate fear from your life. Remember if it's about works, then it's no longer of grace.

#remainrapturable

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congratulations!!! I'm next in line
Answeredprayers:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Answeredprayers: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Rproxy88:

Congrats!!

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Answeredprayers: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
NonelikeGod:

Amen oh!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Answeredprayers: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
michV:
congrats..i know its an online application but is it masters?

Thank you. Yeah it is a masters program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
NonelikeGod:
baba don show again grin..my nigga!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Buskod: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi all, sorry for posting this late. I think better late than never grin. Here is my POE experience , my flight was scheduled for Monday last week Ethiopia airlines. BTW this guys are organised and keep to time . I almost missed the flight cos of lagos-ibadan traffic. Well the flight was smooth and enjoyable one from lag to Addis Ababa -Dublin - Toronto - London. My bag of food was checked just once in lag which wasn't an that intense. So I brought in all foodstuff I could lay my hands on.
Okay away from the preambles, so at the poe at Toronto all the officers were full of smiles
Officer- why are u in Canada
Me- to study
Officer- do you have a doc from school
Me- yes ( brought out offer letter proudly)
Officer- okay, have u paid your fees
Me- no , but that will be taken care of by the school.I pointer to that in the letter with him
Officer- okay , how did you get that
Me- smiling sheepishly and saying I dunno maybe they like my grade
Officer- when is school resuming
Me- sept 8
Officer- why are you here early
Me- to start work on my research plus my supervisor requested I come in early
Officer- okay , do u have a place to stay
Me-yes
Offifer- do you know anyone in Canada
Me- no
Officer- pls excuse me for a minute
Me- okay but looking at time cos of my connecting flight
Officer- here is your study permit for 2 years and if you wish to extend call the following number. Smiling and saying have a nice day.
Me - I don fly away before I could respond
And that was all, plus I forgot to pick my luggage after that cos I was rushing so I missed the flight but I was booked for the next .
And I had to delay the gentleman supervisor of mine already waiting for me in London.
Sorry for the long post , I just tried to make it detailed so as to help us when approaching the POE.
All the best to us all.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
omooba2015:

Do they include it in your letter of Introduction that u are a contract staff?
Just want to obtain it,can I asked them to include it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
Lol... I understand.
Heaven has observed me too!!!
michV:
bro don't take me serious, but the next in line don too plenty wey make me dey observe you thinking your relative(s) dey Embassy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
Michv,you're becoming a visa officer,I really appreciate that,that is what I intend doing.
michV:
thanks for the acknowledgement. as you said your are a contract staff there,you can do without STUDY LEAVE LETTER. my friend was a contract staff at FIRST BANK NIG LTD before he left for studies in canada,he didn't add study leave letter to his application,only his employment letter from the contracting firm,deployment letter,payslip,intro letter,work ID and personal SOA he added as work related docs. moreover examine your SOP on what you have written of what the usefulness of the degree in canada will add to ur profile on return. my friend stated as a contract staff that my intended degree will nourish me with the knowledge/skill to manage/analyse/secure financial investment i.e enhancing my career opportunity which would offer me the opportunity of being a full time staff position in any top booming financial organization in Nigeria thereby attracting bigger salary pay bla bla bla and so on.so in essence the study leave is not a must from them rather re-work on ur SOP if you already stated ur are coming back to work with them again. every statement in writing we make in our application interprets logical meaning to these VOs which we should be mindful of...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by edgestone: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
mccindy:
hello,i 've paid my full tuition up to 20,000CAD for university of lethbridge.is it possible to be denied TRV

Hello Mccindy, Please how did you go about paying your tuition? I mean was it through Form A or you sourced from Black Market?

Expecting your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.