Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007877 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 07, 2016
NittaJ:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Guys in da house, Pls confirm if this is the same link used for CIC Ghana

@Edoblakky after this is confirmed, I'll advise you do this immediately, thoroughly explaining your situation. Wish u God's favour

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

This is the link for Accra.. All the best and hurry!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by executivegej: 8:11pm On May 07, 2016
Pls where can one notarize documents in Lagos?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 8:48pm On May 07, 2016
Oh actually the ppt might be with d immigration cos I frnd did same tin and it was held at d airport Bu lucky we knw wen it shld get to lagos so I was at d airport a I knw som1 there so he helped us with it.
Edoblakky:
This was the first thing my wife did: she asked her sister to visit cic Lagos with her request letter. Cic Lagos advised that my wife send her passport to her sister accompanied by a letter authorizing her to submit and pick up on her behalf. My wife has sent her passport but her sister is yet to receive it after 3 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 8:50pm On May 07, 2016
He can't Sen case enquiry cos the ppt is not with them yet is still with DHL
Edoblakky:
What's a case specific enquiry?
We've been sending regular mails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 8:56pm On May 07, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 07, 2016
olah23:
He can't Sen case enquiry cos the ppt is not with them yet is still with DHL

No he can! His application is open with CIC and secondly, his situation has changed! There is a new birth. This is the only way I believe he will receive a quick response from them..

Or else u may suggest any other means that won't jeopardise his current application.. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2016
Yes it's open but they gave 30 days to submit the ppt and also they told him to send som1 to bri the ppt with a letter on behalf of d woman, but now DHL is yet to deliver d parcel he shld contact DHL to knw d prob
NittaJ:

No he can! His application is open with CIC and secondly, his situation has changed! There is a new birth. This is the only way I believe he will receive a quick response from them..

Or else u may suggest any other means that won't jeopardise his current application.. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 07, 2016
olah23:
Yes it's open but they gave 30 days to submit the ppt and also they told him to send som1 to bri the ppt with a letter on behalf of d woman, but now DHL is yet to deliver d parcel he shld contact DHL to knw d prob

It is the visa office in Lagos that told him to send someone to bring the passport, however, his application is being processed in Accra and he has just one week left to submit. So it's better that while he is still trying to sort it out with DHL, he should send a case specific enquiry to Accra so they know his situation and maybe they may extend his application.

If he keeps sending regular email, they won't respond to him and he will miss his timeline..

My 1 kobo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
when did you do it...and where...

Bro, I sent you an email, kindly reply. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 12:09am On May 08, 2016
NittaJ:

I think I read somewhere that if u are currently in the US, u should send a case specific enquiry to CIC Ghana to have your local VO office changed to Ottawa cos that's where they process the passports for all those in the US. But since she has mailed her passport already, I'm not sure how useful this information is right now..
one of the problems we have is that cic Ghana does not reply mails and they don't take calls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adedamsel86: 12:38am On May 08, 2016
well done guys,i need advise on this.i was given admission for Sept but I Avnt submitted my application yet cos I Avnt been able to get some documents it may be ready by upper week.i want to ask dat is it not too far to submit by 20th may.then am thinking should I do upfront medical so as to shorten the application processing time and please how much is the upfront medicals,wc hospital is best to do the test,then how long will d result take or the hospital will be d one to
Send it to cic.thanks for usual co-operation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 12:52am On May 08, 2016
NittaJ:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

This is the link for Accra.. All the best and hurry!
Many thanks NittaJ and others who responded. I have sent the enquiry and I hope they respond on time. It seems they respond very late and in some cases, they may not even respond. This was what they said after I sent the enquiry.

NittaJ, do you reside in Canada and if so where?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 1:02am On May 08, 2016
adedamsel86:
well done guys,i need advise on this.i was given admission for Sept but I Avnt submitted my application yet cos I Avnt been able to get some documents it may be ready by upper week.i want to ask dat is it not too far to submit by 20th may.then am thinking should I do upfront medical so as to shorten the application processing time and please how much is the upfront medicals,wc hospital is best to do the test,then how long will d result take or the hospital will be d one to
Send it to cic.thanks for usual co-operation.
Welcome to the forum!
I think the earlier you submit your application, the better and quicker you get your visa. Normally, it should not take more than 3 months to get your visa from the date of application but it can take longer if they have several applications to deal with. I would also advice you do an upfront medicals to reduce your waiting time but this is no guarantee that you will be given a TRV.
The hospital to do your medicals depends on where you live. There are about 3 hospitals in Lagos, one in PH and Abuja. Good luck in your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Seamareggae(m): 4:42am On May 08, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Pls I cannot chill o....

The emotional, mental, and physical stress, of going through 3 different processing period no be here o....

U see say some people submit and in one week dem don track 40times....thats d kind tin I'm talkin about
Bros.. Pls can we talk privately...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Seamareggae(m): 5:30am On May 08, 2016
Finally... Am done reading part 9 and most of part 10....

I want to go for PGD in Canada, I have gotten the documents needed... Trying to get admission is the next step... Pls can someone just give 2 or 3 schools, i won't need to pay tuition fee till I get to the school.

I have a Bsc in Accounting with 2.1 and would love to go for Finance or Accounting related courses...

I also want to congratulate hayqinsbFX on his Successful application...
He has really tried for this forum for the past 1 year despite the denials...

I would definitely learn from everyone here and also drop my own little knowledge when needed...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 5:59am On May 08, 2016
The truth is asking about admission processes isnt encouraging signs for the person answering that you are willing do to all you can to get what you want.
It only shows that you want to be spoon fed..

(Well you don bribe me with your felicitation)

I know centennial will require a deposit before they even send you and admission letter, conestoga also requires you to pay abotu 2,500 to claim ur seat.
Seneca , Fanshawe will only give u a deadline of tuition payment which is about 3months to your program start date....

Do your research as a whole of other schools are available where you do not need to pay....
Seamareggae:

I want to go for PGD in Canada, I have gotten the documents needed... Trying to get admission is the next step... Pls can someone just give 2 or 3 schools, i won't need to pay tuition fee till I get to the school.

I have a Bsc in Accounting with 2.1 and would love to go for Finance or Accounting related courses...

I would definitely learn from everyone here and also drop my own little knowledge when needed...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 7:00am On May 08, 2016
@All

Please Let's not waste any space here discussing whether Canadian embassy verifies bank statement or not because it's a pointless debate.

Apply for your study permit with genuine documents and worry not about verification or if you decided to submit forged documents then good luck with that but don't come here to ask if the embassy will verify it.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemile2012: 7:22am On May 08, 2016
GOOD morning to y'all,
I stumbled on this great forum with much joy, to the fact dt I can get an answer to my friends problem.
He is travelling to Canada to study, but when he submitted his application last month, he dad was sick 2mnth ago, and during d cause of treatment, his dad was diagnose to ve Hepatitis "B", so dad said he shld do d test too then, so he tested +ve too. He took some drugs then.
Duo, his dad is fine now, but he is concerned. I told him I will help him get more info on NL. So, please, house will this affect his application when called for medical.
I did some research on it, seems Hepatitis "B" is a virus...contagious....
I need ur help house.

Thank u...n happy sunday.
@justwise....seems u r online bro....Can u tell me something on my enquiry Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemology(f): 7:33am On May 08, 2016
Hello house pls I need an advice have been given an admission at conestoga college 4yrs but I was asked to pay deposit pls is it possible to apply without paying deposit. Also my last application at fanshawe college which I made some payment uptil now no refund of part payment be on the process since January. So trying to submit my application dis week pls I need advise .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemology(f): 7:44am On May 08, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Thanks everyone
These are the documents i submitted.

Proof of Funds ( in the order i uploaded them)
Letter of Sponsorship from Dad
Birth certificate
Notarised affidavit of sponsorship and asset declaration
Dads company SOA (1.4M)
Fixed deposit investment of 10M
CAC of company
Tax clearance of company
Letter of introduction from Dads company stating I volounteered with them between Cct 2014- Oct 2015 and i am a director and a heir to it
CAC 7 of company showing im a director
Letter of award of different construction projects from about 2000 -date (just chose the ones that get better contract sum)
Proof of several properties (scanned just the survey plans)

Me
LOA of Fanshawe college to study PGC construction management
Degree certificate (dec 2014) civil engineering
University statement of result
Waec certificate (2008)
Nysc call up letter (Ocyober 2015)
Nysc posting letter
Neference letter from Nysc PPA (addressed to whom it may concern that i am a serving corper )
Letter of explanation
Letter of consent from MUM

Thats pretty much all...
NB I havent paid tuition, I didnt submit police clearance, i didnt include transcripts....
no tuition paid oooo which means is not compulsory tuition paid will guarantee your visa is well oooo I paid tuition deposit in fanshawe I was refused last year though.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 7:59am On May 08, 2016
justwise:
@All

Please Let's not waste any space here discussing whether Canadian embassy verifies bank statement or not because it's a pointless debate.

Apply for your study permit with genuine documents and worry not about verification or if you decided to submit forged documents then good luck with that but don't come here to ask if the embassy will verify it.

There is nobody that intends to travel for any other reason other than for a better future. Sadly some individuals with this noble intention do not have the kind of accounts that presents them as viable students, this doesn't make them insolvent.

I believe you of all people should understand that Nigeria is tough, so tough as it were.
If one has say about a million naira, it's enough to sort things out for starters but to CIC, such an individual is Insolvent. What then should such an individual do? Stay put in Nigeria? Efforts must be made for purpose driven individuals, and that I believe is part of the questions asked, QED!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:21am On May 08, 2016
kife:

There is nobody that intends to travel for any other reason other than for a better future. Sadly some individuals with this noble intention do not have the kind of accounts that presents them as viable students, this doesn't make them insolvent.

I believe you of all people should understand that Nigeria is tough, so tough as it were.
If one has say about a million naira, it's enough to sort things out for starters but to CIC, such an individual is Insolvent. What then should such an individual do? Stay put in Nigeria? Efforts must be made for purpose driven individuals, and that I believe is part of the questions asked, QED!

So you tell me this..if you don't have the means of achieving your dream now, is crime the only solution?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:23am On May 08, 2016
gbemile2012:
GOOD morning to y'all,
I stumbled on this great forum with much joy, to the fact dt I can get an answer to my friends problem.
He is travelling to Canada to study, but when he submitted his application last month, he dad was sick 2mnth ago, and during d cause of treatment, his dad was diagnose to ve Hepatitis "B", so dad said he shld do d test too then, so he tested +ve too. He took some drugs then.
Duo, his dad is fine now, but he is concerned. I told him I will help him get more info on NL. So, please, house will this affect his application when called for medical.
I need ur help house.

In that case he will probably be told to get it treated before processing with the application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 8:26am On May 08, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Pls i will like to know if at the POE its possible to be given a 3 years study permit when you are holding a one year temporary resident visa.

I just need to get the timing of the change right....is it better to change when one is in canny or it can be done as soon as the TRV lands....

NB This is because i am going to change to a three year advanced diploma when i get the TRV but i used a one year PGC to apply for the TRV

My brothers and sisters, please throw more light on this. I was denied in my first app for a two years Petroleum engineering diploma program due to purpose of visit and family ties. I intend to refire this month end using my one year PGC Humber offer letter for Project mgt. if successful, I plan to do the change and go for the diploma course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2016
Its hard to get college that wont require deposit fee. But many universities will give you opportunity to pay on resumption. Since you have 2 1 why not Masters in university.
Seamareggae:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 8:56am On May 08, 2016
gbemile2012:
GOOD morning to y'all,
I need ur help house.

This happened to a friend of mine dat was denied last year!!!

wen he was called for medicals....he went and did the medicals...though he has been treating dz hepatitis B for sometime even before he went for the test...buh yet....after completion of the normal test the hospital referred him to conduct some further test on his hepatitis level which he spent extra 65k....buh alas..he was later refused on incomplete medical examination, along syd with personal asset and financial status..

to diz end...the so called hepatits B is a red flag.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.