Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,385 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (1876 Views)

Zain And Nuc Sued Over African Challenge Show / Zain Don't Forget The Lyrics, Is It Wack Or Real? / Moderator/zain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
i'm getting bored of WWTBAM, i cant remember the last time i watched it.
i'm really feeling this zain show, its one of the few shows i still watch on local tv. its a competition between the best students from universities across Africa. the questions are more interesting and captivating and the contestants are quicker and sharper.
tonights show was the quarterfinals between UNILAG and one other university in Kenya. . . both teams fought neck to neck till the end and they had to decide with sudden death and my alma mata won (sorry teissys tongue)!!!! cheesy and we're through to the semis (along with UI who bashed a Ugandan uni) smiley. cant wait for next weeks show though its between two universities from Zambia and Malawi.
if you've not seen it yet, watch out for it on AIT 7-8pm. . . beleeeeve me, you'll be hooked wink

1 Like

Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Dclique(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2009
My Nairalanders, Pls, Vote for Dclique as assistant moderator in Education section, thanx
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2009
na wa o tongue

any other contributions
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by kofiannan(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2009
dumb posts gets dumb reply
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2009
kofiannan:

exactly who is that directed to. . . seems to me like you're the dumb one here
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by darqly(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2009
@kofi, for want of nothing better to contribute, silence would've been golden here!!

I only stumbled across Zain's Uni Challenge once, boy was the office hooked cos we worked late that night.
The questions were enriching and tasking but the contestants were razor-sharp in most instances, I was so impressed, I was gobsmacked shocked There are still some that go thru school, not just schools, GOOD schools!

WWTBAM is sort of losing its novelty, but I feel its cos the contestants have really been mediocre. Not their fault really, you get in by raffle, and your immediate aim is to win your ticket-fare back home and some loose change for personal effects grin
What the show needs is someone that is really smart, plays his/her cards right vis-a-vis lifelines and GAMBLE appropriately.
I only ever watched one where one Lady gambled all of 2m and wound up with 250,000 if I recall correctly. She gave us a thrill no doubt, but most labeled her 'mumu'. You could see from her carriage though that money wasn't exactly lacking.
I'd love to be in the hotseat at least once in my lifetime!!
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
@darqly
you know what to do. . . just dial 132 from an MTN phone and viola you could be on your way wink
just hola when you're going on, maybe that'll be the next time i will watch the show cheesy
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by darqly(m): 5:18am On Jul 30, 2009
Yeah,i just might do that in my spare time,who knows,10m might just be mine!
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Sevn(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Poster,
Y r u attacking Kofiannan like that?

Y should know u post is dumb if you get

1. no meaningful reply after days of posts

2. barely 50 people have read it after days of posts

Please make we hear word, to hell with that rubbish called challenge, who wants to be a millionaire is a world wide phenomenon and it keeps getting better, WORLDWIDE!!!!
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by b0dnel: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2009
kofiannan:

Gbam!!!!

dominique:

na wa o tongue

any other contributions

You dey beg for comments? abi u nor see the comments from kofiannan?

dominique:

@darqly
you know what to do. . . just dial 132 from an MTN phone and viola you could be on your way wink
just hola when you're going on, maybe that'll be the next time i will watch the show cheesy

hahaha, see frustration o! u don begin do advert for the show, abi u get commission?

Rubbish!!!!
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2009
@bodnel/sevn/koffiannan

what the heck is your problems, na by force to reply a post
people may have contrasting opinions from yours thats no reason to attack. . . thats why its called a FORUM
once again i repeat
[size=20pt]if there is anyone dumb here. . . its got to be YOU[/size]
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by Gerrard59(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2016
Unfortunately, the university African challenge has stopped a long time ago. I wonder why Airtel hasn't taken up the sponsorship of the competition. Recently, WWTBAM has been intellectual with tough albeit interesting questions--probably because of smarter contestants. Tried WWTBAM, got interviewed over the phone; failed and wasn't invited.

Ms Dominique, do you know any intellectual show apart from WWTBAM? I need to challenge my brain apart from academics.
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by dominique(f): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2016
Gerrard59:
Unfortunately, the university African challenge has stopped a long time ago. I wonder why Airtel hasn't taken up the sponsorship of the competition. Recently, WWTBAM has been intellectual with tough albeit interesting questions--probably because of smarter contestants. Tried WWTBAM, got interviewed over the phone; failed and wasn't invited.

Ms Dominique, do you know any intellectual show apart from WWTBAM? I need to challenge my brain apart from academics.

I'm afraid I don't know of any other quiz game show at the moment.
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by ANGELMARVE(m): 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
dominique:

I'm afraid I don't know of any other quiz game show at the moment.
aunty dominique pls i was unfairly ban since last year in romance session for having multiple identities, d truth is dat i was lied against and d mod believed, i serve d ban in good faith, but please as a super mod kindly unban me bcaus i was ban till 2017 since last year which GOD in heaven knows its unfair. pls cc:dominique unban me.thank u in advance. cc:dominique.
Re: Zain University Challenge Vs Who Wants To Be A Millionaire by ANGELMARVE(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

My Tv(strong): Pin Codes: Here / Koko Mansion Governess Chika Anadu Talks About Rita / Van Vicker Or Majid Micheal Who Is The Bomb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.