Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School (413 Views)

Pour Water On Birthday Celebrant, Be Charged To Court- Ajayi Crowther University / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays / FUTO Graduate Dies Days After Making Scary Facebook Post (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by Controversialad: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is hilarious.
This one no fit happen for Naija

JASPER, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee mother faces child neglect charges after deputies say she made her daughters walk to school.

The Chattanooga Times Free-Press (http:///1UHXZH6 ) reports that 32-year-old Lisa Marie Palmer was charged after authorities found her driving ahead of her daughters as she made them walk to school.

Marion County sheriff's Deputy Chris Ladd, who spotted the two girls, says it appeared Palmer was driving ahead of her children and allowing them to catch up to her car until the kids reached the school.

Sheriff Ronnie "Bo" Burnett says Palmer told deputies that her daughters were being punished for missing the bus.

Ladd said the girls had walked more than a mile and had about two more miles to go.

"Temperatures were cold, and traffic was beginning to become heavy with citizens heading to work," Ladd states. "Mrs. Palmer was in no position to reach her children safely in the event of an emergency."

Palmer is scheduled for an initial court appearance on April 18. Court officials say she doesn't have an attorney yet.

Marion County is located just west of Chattanooga.

___

Information from: Chattanooga Times Free Press, http://www.timesfreepress.com
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by medexico(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
What nonsense!

I trekked to and fro everyday from kindergarten to primary 4 before I went to boardiig
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by Cutehector(m): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
We wey been trek go school without shoe.
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by sLentlover7778(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hahaha, no doubt if you can survive in Naija u can survive anywhere in the world.. I always treck from ketu to mile12 every morning to school.. make ona go arrest my mama..
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by nnachukz(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
For here, the Judge go even take vex lock up anybody that brings such case to him. You wan spoil those children? Na wetin the judge go even ask the lawyer.
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by nnachukz(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
If I hear. Me wer my mama go even carry whip follow me for back those days because I no wan go school. Come see me crying and trekking, in fact even running to school while people go even dey hail my mom. Charge ke. Now I know, all that was done for my good. Those experiences are now fun for me.
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by ammyluv2002(f): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
nnachukz:
For here, the Judge go even take vex lock up anybody that brings such case to him. You wan spoil those children? Na wetin the judge go even ask the lawyer.
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by johnwizey: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
grin grin grin Dis oyinbo ppl are funny o, charged for making her pikin trek. We wey dey trek from Obalende to Iyana-ipaja even wen the sun go dey blaze at 100 degree hotness or when the rain fall overnight and the flood is threatning to carry u away, dem no cum born u well make u late join am. Dis ppl dey enjoy o
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by xender(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2016
as I type this am trekking
Re: Mother Charged After Making Children Walk To School by Controversialad: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
hahahhahhaahahahahahahh
Abegmake una no carry laf scata my mouth joor!
Cgarge ko, Charge ni

But... the truth is, development good jari
for naija here wey we dey even beg govt to pay us for the month wey we work not to talk more of other things....

(1) (Reply)

RSUST 28th Convocation Ceremony / Nigerian Youth: A Must Read!!! / Masters At Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.