Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,561 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi (477 Views)

Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi / Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi by mediang: 12:00am On Apr 02, 2016
The immediate past governor of Ebonyi state, Chief Martin Elechi has revealed why he backed a former Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu to succeed him rather than Governor Dave Umahi, who was then serving as his deputy.

The former governor, who disclosed this to select journalists at his country home, Echialike Ikwo, noted that the Governor lacked the spirit of accommodation and other qualities necessary for a person occupying such position. The press conference came ahead of a thanksgiving church service being organized by former members of his state executive council and former council chairmen and friends.

According to him, “I have no apologies to anybody or to any group of people for what happened. I still stick to my conscience and to my belief that what I did in that circumstance is what I should do.
http://gistportal.com.ng/elechi-finally-reveals-why-he-didnt-back-umahi-to-be-governor/
Re: Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi by Flexherbal(m): 12:45am On Apr 02, 2016
This man is old. He should retire from politics.
Re: Elechi Reveals Why He Refused To Support Umahi’s Bid To Govern Ebonyi by lawflec(m): 2:47am On Apr 02, 2016
But then hiss decision was the worst I ever saw... It was a total political miscalculation... Elechi was a stingy man who wanted to fight a free giver liker umahi his traditional ruler brother that controls crowd and a whole army general including ibeto cement... That man was a joke... He caused many to loose their jobs without hope of being in power in next 8yrs...am just annoyed cos my dad was unfortunately in his crew.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Rochas Okorocha See Roasting Maize-pic. / The Murder Of The Fulani: Yugoslavia Unfolding. Femi Kayode. / With Polls Over, Wike Walks The Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.