Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,600 members, 7,827,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi (31509 Views)

Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / Buhari Should Make Jonathan’s Mistakes, Says Omokri / Amina Mohammed Visits Giniwa Of Ogoniland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Islie: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
Minister of Transport and former Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi has said that immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan, clearly turned his deaf ears to the plight of the Ogoni people and the Niger Delta in general.

Amaechi, who in his address at the flag-off of the implementation of the UNEC report on Ogoniland acknowledged the presence of his successor, Nyesom Wike, lamented that he did everything within his power as a governor to make Jonathan implement the UNEC report on Ogoniland.

He said, “We did everything possible as a sitting government to make the president implement the UNEC report, everything. But the report was not implemented after all.”
Amaechi noted that the 1b dollar clean up exercise would create jobs for the people of the region.

He, however, thanked the President Buhari -led administration for coming to the aid of the Ogoni people and for fulfilling part of his campaign promises of cleaning up the region.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/02/i-did-everything-to-make-jonathan-clean-ogoniland-but-he-refused-amaechi/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by thaoriginator: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
The unrepentant drunkard and corruption Mafia will never listen to good advice.. Amaechi you are a Hero..

175 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by hopilo: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ameachi trying hard to be relevant in Niger delta.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by greatgod2012(f): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lies!

APC members and lie is like 5&6.

Ameachi is only saying this just to score some cheap goals.

258 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by NwaTeacher1: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
Will this Amaechi statement gives APC an edge over PDP in River? If not Amaechi should go and sit down

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Eboski(m): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ameachi must you always mention GEJ name anytime you open your mouth to talk.....
GEJ is gone and gone forever.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by ricsman(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
OP give us the words like he said, not this ur reported speech..... abi na only that small thing him talk when he got the mic

He said, “We did everything possible as a sitting government to make the president implement the UNEC report, everything. But the report was not implemented after all.”

how did he recognize Governor Wike in his address?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lies!

APC members and lie is like 5&6.

Is Jonathan not from that region, so, why will he refuse to clean ogoniland for God's sake.

Madam why u talking like u werent around or politically aware when GEJ held sway...He was busy trying to fix the North while his Ministers turned our Foreign reserve to Iya Basira Canteen...chop i chop,he never thot that Niger Delta had any problem cos he was now living in Aso Rock...That office is seriously a curse,you can never please Nigerians

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by chikel2000(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Let us blame GEJ

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
That is why he was called ineffectual buffoon. ..he is a buffoon who cannot effectively achieve a darn thing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by chikel2000(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Eboski:
Ameachi must you always mention GEJ name anytime you open your mouth to talk.....
serious?, he is dead?. Anyway GEJ made a mistake, he so much trusted d Hausas n did everything to please them except ofcos d issue of Boko haram, he neglected d south no wonder d Yorubas fell for Bubu's antics and promises of change. My thoughts pls

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by tundexijim(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
Eboski:

Read well did u see him mention GEJ name...headline is chosen at reporter's discretion...

4 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by SuperS1Panther: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Why will he not refuse, simply because Ogonis are not Ijaws.

98% of beneficiaries of the useless Amnesty Programme were Ijaws.

Some people will still come here to tell he was not the most divisive and ethnic inclined president.

What do they even call him - Our Riro or Hero?

Hero my foot!!!

Today is a watershed in the history of peaceful agitation for right.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by tomakint: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
thaoriginator:
The unrepentant drunkard and corruption Mafia will never listen to good advice.. Amaechi you are a Hero..
A hero.....just like that! undecided

16 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by thaoriginator: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
tomakint:
A hero.....just like that! undecided
Yes. Like marvel hero. grin
Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by tomakint: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
thaoriginator:
Yes. Like marvel hero. grin
Is that why you are still NOT LOVING THE POLICE? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by MadCow1: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
I am an Amaechi supporter but he needs to stop and get off of Jonathans diick..

No point beating a Man when he is down.

Jonathan is already a colossal fhuck up in the eyes of any Honest Niger Deltan that didn't directly feed off of his largess to his hommies and friends. The fact that Bayelsa Airport which was started by Late President Musa Yaradua became an abandoned Project under him speaks to this fact amongst others like the Rivers State Airport, the Rivers State Seaport, the East - West Road, e.t.c..

However we shall no longer focus on the past, Ahead Ahead na ehn we sabi..

I thank the President for this work in Ogoni as this is the first clean - up of this scale in the History of Nigeria.

I pray subsequent Governments continue the clean up for the 30 year duration in accordance with the UNEP Report.

I also hope that this extends to other IOC's operating in the region as well..

Amaechi: I remain a strong supporter of you and I am appreciative of the works you did in Rivers State during your time as Governor. However, Rivers State Airport, Bayelsa State Airport, Rivers Seaport and the railways are all on your shoulders now and I am yet to see work on any of these Infrastructures I talked about.

28 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by NwaNimo1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lubbish...

1 Like

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Sijo01(f): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Judas of the Niger Delta,

16 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
grin
Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Originality007: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
thaoriginator:

11 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by truthspeaks: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Still campaigning?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by gurunlocker: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Can he just speak without mentioning GEJ name?

11 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by ebiboy2(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
a
Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by freshness2020: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Government of hate. Always looking for a way to score cheap political gains.

10 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by onosprince(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Debaddest(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
There's no doubt about that. He a hero, Fantastically corrupt Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by Guyman02: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
Special Guest of Honour at the event in the absence of Buhari

13 Likes

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by neocortex: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
What Amechi failed to disclose is that Ogoni cleanup is a process not an event
and that the process started during GEJ's administration

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi by seunlayi(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
This Amaythief is talking trash

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ope Sowore To Buhari: 'My Children And I Want My Husband Back Home' / Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Makarfi Surrenders, Recognises Modu Sheriff As National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.