Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG (35367 Views)

Moji Christianah Adeyeye Appointed As NAFDAC Director-General By Buhari / Mohammed Barkindo & Family Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / Mohammed Barkindo Appointed As OPEC Secretary-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 02, 2016
As expected, another Aboki!

What's in this Govt. For yolobas after all d noise and support?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2016
tjark1:
As expected, another Aboki!

What's in this Govt. For yolobas after all d noise and support?

Of all the issues you can bring up for discussion, this idiocy is the only one that caught your fancy?

What did yeeboes benefit from the 5 years fanatical noise and support they gave GEJ?

Are u so mentally poor that appointment of your tribesmen is more important than asking for development?

A yoloba man, Tunde Fowler was appointed FIRS chairman. Does that count? angry

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by YaksonFCA(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2016
While I agree with u all that the appointment made by President Muhammadu Buhari so far is lopsided we shouldn't allow that to becloud our sense of logical reasoning. OPEC Sec Gen is not exclusively reserved former NNPC helmsmen therefore we should go with the candidate whose popularity transcend Nigeria to increase our chances of emerging victorious.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Sphinx02(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2016
OPEC sec gen is a Full time job pls.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Hmmm... Another inexperienced 'Aboki' the presidency is making a mistake.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by gidjah(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Another Aboki on the block !!this nation is in trouble under Fulani .But what do I say ,we gave it out to a minority southerner, he messed it up big time .
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by free13: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2016
The dull.ard never fails to disappoint.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by professore(m): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Keep your fingers crossed
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by MyGeneration(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rexnegro:

that's The prob with some Nigerians, they love doing The same tin The same old way weda it wrong or not...must kachukwu also Be opec president? na people like You go still blame pmb for appointing kachukwu as opec presido if there's fuel ish in future saying him never face nigeria finish na opec him Add join....people just tink to head too strong big offices dey easy like that....beside guy correct urside kachukwu is from delta state And Not 5%...
WHO be d 5% then or did Buhari win in Delta state during the election?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by SIRRDIQ(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
ChappyChase:

Sir no vex I been think say bubu be our minister.
Baba is The Minister of Patrolium......not petroleum
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Hemdy4jazz: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=theV0ice post=44331723]

Do you know you just lied with the bold?

Why don't you guys get some facts right before trying to whip up childish sentiments?

If i ask you now, i'm sure you don't know there is a world of Difference between OPEC SEC GEN and OPEC PRESIDENT?[just don't mind him. That's what nairaland has become. A lot of children with their child play ]
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by AmuDimpka: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Buhari Nepotistic tendency taken to international level.

.....and they claim this is not corruption!

Rilwan Lukman was a serving minister when he was appointed Sec Gen Opec in 1989 or so. Diezani was serving minister when she got OPEC presidency in 2014.
So what is wrong with Ibe Kachukwu being nominated for this Job today?
The answer is simple...cos he belong to the Buhari's 5% tribe.....

Gbam..you just hit the head at the nail or is it hit the nail at the head

All join
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by AmuDimpka: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Atulu agulu per excellence is he...

Google pls trnaslate
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Thank God you didn't argue that you lied with the information you passed across. Ibe Kachikwu as a serving minister CANNOT be nominated as OPEC SEC GEN even if he was Buhari's son!!!

On the charge of Nepotism, you might be right. So when you see him to demand why, pls include Gaius Obaseki and Funsho Kupolokun in the list. They too should qualify.

Wow this is a very informative discussion! I never knew we had such capable north central Christian candidates worthy of this job? Pls why did buhari over look them?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
another hausa man? this dullard is really out to settle his brothers from other parent. how far can he go with this sectionalism? i just feel like impeaching this daura herdman walahi.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Buhari Nepotistic tendency taken to international level.

.....and they claim this is not corruption!

Rilwan Lukman was a serving minister when he was appointed Sec Gen Opec in 1989 or so. Diezani was serving minister when she got OPEC presidency in 2014.
So what is wrong with Ibe Kachukwu being nominated for this Job today?
The answer is simple...cos he belong to the Buhari's 5% tribe.....
I thought so too.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by MurderX: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
I heared this guy raped NNPC from the backside
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
lestat:

Wow this is a very informative discussion! I never knew we had such capable north central Christian candidates worthy of this job? Pls why did buhari over look them?

Maybe because Barkindo has the advantage that he is the only one who has a prior experience of acting in that same office at OPEC in the past. The other is Edmund Dakauru who is obviously ruled out as he's now a traditional ruler in Bayelsa. It's not a requirement though as even you also qualify.

Barkindo might not even get it eventually as other countries will also nominate their own candidates and it'll boil down to politics.

It's not a certainty.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by basadenet: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
An Hausa man again!!! Does it mean Nigeria don't have a capable person from other regions in Nigeria?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Rexnegro(m): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
MyGeneration:

WHO be d 5% then or did Buhari win in Delta state during the election?
the 5% is directly referred to the south eastern states the igbos...ofcos pmb didn't win in delta which is expected but igbos are referred to the 5%, why do You tink they re shouting marginalization since pmb entered?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by agabaI23(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Hi dear brother cheesy
Bros, e don tee oo. It is good to see you here
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by stagger: 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
With all that happened under NNPC when Barkindo was GMD, how come Buhari is selecting this man to be OPEC President? Nepotism at the highest level.

Oya change voters, wey una dey?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
agabaI23:
Bros, e don tee oo. It is good to see you here

Having a decent and intelligent conversation is becoming very laborious on this site so I decided to limit my appearance.

Its good to see you too bro grin
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Of all the issues you can bring up for discussion, this idiocy is the only one that caught your fancy?

What did yeeboes benefit from the 5 years fanatical noise and support they gave GEJ?

Are u so mentally poor that appointment of your tribesmen is more important than asking for development?

A yoloba man, Tunde Fowler was appointed FIRS chairman. Does that count? angry

Hey post your comments if you have any or fvck off! All ur mental wealth didn't suggest to you that I may not even be a Nigerian? Problem with f00ls like you on this forum is that you try 2 much 2 impress unnecessarily!

If I speak against d north n west, that means I'm from d east abi?! SMH
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by agabaI23(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Having a decent and intelligent conversation is becoming very laborious on this site so I decided to limit my appearance.

Its good to see you too bro grin
So true...Buhari is not helping his defenders either..
I dey oo
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
tjark1:

Hey post your comments if you have any or fvck off! All ur mental wealth didn't suggest to you that I may not even be a Nigerian? Problem with f00ls like you on this forum is that you try 2 much 2 impress unnecessarily!

If I speak against d north n west, that means I'm from d east abi?! SMH

Your problem is even more than mental poverty. So you're no Nigerian but you thought it cool to dabble into Nigerian sewage territory? Foolishness is actually the least of your negatives.

Are you that devoid of joy or anything worthy of celebration where you come from? Which fault lines will you try to explore next? Tutsi-hutu?

You're no Nigerian yet you're about bursting a vein because i tagged u yeeboe right after you threw a jab at 'yoloba'? Why is it hurting you?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 4:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
agabaI23:
So true...Buhari is not helping his defenders either..
I dey oo

Its like a football match with 2 teams of almost equal strength. You should expect more aggression from the side losing. Under GEJ, The opposition made more noise than those in power. Its the same now.

It's just my decision not to partake in it.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by atakamus: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
See the guy neck. God punish Satan now. Na this type of people be Nigerians. We never enter. Give him the secretary abeg. God I dey oooooo. Bless me too abeg you from my heart. Forget my sins abeg ooo. The ones I committed before plus including the ones I go still commit. Abeg God raise me up. Amen.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by agabaI23(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Its like a football match with 2 teams of almost equal strength. You should expect more aggression from the side losing. Under GEJ, The opposition made more noise than those in power. Its the same now.

It's just my decision not to partake in it.
lol
Okies
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by abimic(m): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Thank God you didn't argue that you lied with the information you passed across. Ibe Kachikwu as a serving minister CANNOT be nominated as OPEC SEC GEN even if he was Buhari's son!!!

On the charge of Nepotism, you might be right. So when you see him to demand why, pls include Gaius Obaseki and Funsho Kupolokun in the list. They too should qualify.
It's not about just qualifying, we can't afford to be easily knocked out at the International level just like when okonjo iweala was nominated for world Bank presidency and we know the top shots there have their preferred candidate. Barkindo was chosen by buhari because I believe he was once there in same capacity and he seems known by many and so, he can easily get the Position with his connections too. Adesina of AFDB had words put in too to get the Position coupled with his popularity and connections, so he got it. So I believe, Barkindo having served as acting in time past would still have connections in the cartel and if he did perform well then and he was loved, he would clinch it.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by VagileVictor(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
If Dr. Ibe Kachukwu is not nominated for the job means 5% is to be less favoured into sensitive appointments.
If the Northerners are to be trusted,then the Southern region should be allowed to go their way.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
abimic:

It's not about just qualifying, we can't afford to be easily knocked out at the International level just like when okonjo iweala was nominated for world Bank presidency and we know the top shots there have their preferred candidate. Barkindo was chosen by buhari because I believe he was once there in same capacity and he seems known by many and so, he can easily get the Position with his connections too. Adesina of AFDB had words put in too to get the Position coupled with his popularity and connections, so he got it. So I believe, Barkindo having served as acting in time past would still have connections in the cartel and if he did perform well then and he was loved, he would clinch it.

That's my belief too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise / Olisa Agbakoba Applauds President Tinubu On Floating The Naira And Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.