Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG (35368 Views)

Moji Christianah Adeyeye Appointed As NAFDAC Director-General By Buhari / Mohammed Barkindo & Family Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / Mohammed Barkindo Appointed As OPEC Secretary-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by agabaI23(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Thank God you didn't argue that you lied with the information you passed across. Ibe Kachikwu as a serving minister CANNOT be nominated as OPEC SEC GEN even if he was Buhari's son!!!

On the charge of Nepotism, you might be right. So when you see him to demand why, pls include Gaius Obaseki and Funsho Kupolokun in the list. They too should qualify.
grin grin
Hello sir!!
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by DBossNG(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2016
Hmmm......
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by opalu: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Do you know the minister of petroleum or minister of state, petroleum CANNOT be OPEC SEC GEN because it's a FULL TIME JOB?

actually that is wrong

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Alpet(m): 10:17am On Apr 02, 2016
The question should be is he capable? What are his qualifications, experience and reputation.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:18am On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Buhari Nepotistic tendency taken to international level.

.....and they claim this is not corruption!

Rilwan Lukman was a serving minister when he was appointed Sec Gen Opec in 1989 or so. Diezani was serving minister when she got OPEC presidency in 2014.
So what is wrong with Ibe Kachukwu being nominated for this Job today?
The answer is simple...cos he belong to the Buhari's 5% tribe.....
Must u alws come here to display ur tribal wialing Zombism? Kachikwu is NNPC GMD! He is d minister of state of petroleum and also the acting minister of that ministry! What else do u want? If its a Ghanian that Buhari nominates I ddnt care! After all I don't see anytin spectacular Kahikwu iss doing! Look at scarcity evrywhere!

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2016
alexlee50:
what is the point you want to make?

If it's too difficult for you to find, ask the guy whose post prompted mine.

He understood and should help you out
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

actually that is wrong

What is?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2016
agabaI23:
grin grin
Hello sir!!

Hi dear brother cheesy
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:20am On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

So what is wrong in appointing Autin Oniwon(ibirra christian) North Central or Andrew Yakubu (katab christian) North West or Joseph Bwala or so (gwoza christian) North East but instead went to Barkindo because he is fulani Muslim like Buhari!
Rem all these guys above were all former NNPC GMDs
I say Buhari favours Nepotism.....period!
So all u want is a christian occupying d position? U see ur sef? Fanatic!

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

What is?

that you can't be minister and opec secgen simultaneously.

Daukoru was

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 10:23am On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

that you can't be minister and opec secgen simultaneously.

Daukoru was

ok. noted

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by podosci(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2016
Olodo, rather than concentrating your efforts to acquire tangible knowledge, you are here talking nonsense about a topic you know nothing about..
For your personal enlightment, OPEC Secretary General is different from OPEC presidency......
I believe statistically speaking, Buhari favourites the northern part of Nigeria more than the rest(although North and South are imaginary divisions) in appointments but I don't mind him appointing a Ghanaian has minister of power. I just want 24/7 electricity.. Even if he appoints someone from Edo state I doubt if it would affect me in anyway personally..

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by ozi001: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2016
No way this country will move forward. Youths rather than fighting for been relegated prefer to swim in the ocean of ethnic and religious sentiment. The more reason while we won't move forward. LEADERS OF THE MORROW INDEED

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by SIRRDIQ(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2016
ChappyChase:
And watin do our 'Minister of Petroleum
U smoke? do we have minister of petro?
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by callJesu: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2016
May God check and arrest any dirty intention in his heart
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Kennydoc(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

So what is wrong in appointing Autin Oniwon(ibirra christian) North Central or Andrew Yakubu (katab christian) North West or Joseph Bwala or so (gwoza christian) North East but instead went to Barkindo because he is fulani Muslim like Buhari!

At first, I was convinced his choice was influenced by nepotism until I read this part of the post:

Barkindo worked at NNPC until 2010 and served as acting secretary-general of OPEC in 2006, as well as representing Nigeria at the group.

He has handled the position before, so he stands a higher chance of getting it this time around than any of the other people you mentioned.

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by 1Dray(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2016
Dead On Arrival!
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 02, 2016
ozi001:
No way this country will move forward. Youths rather than fighting for been relegated prefer to swim in the ocean of ethnic and religious sentiment. The more reason while we won't move forward. LEADERS OF THE MORROW INDEED

Yoruba man knows that Diezani, Daukoru, Lukman, and his fellow Yoruba man have ben sec-gen of Opec but the tribe they come from make no difference to the the availability of petrol at the gas station. He knows that Obasanjo, Shonekan, Buhari, Babngida, Ineffectual Buffon, Shagari etc etc have been Nigerian presidents and that their tribes or religion are not what determines the quality of life he lives. Yoruba man knows that what determines his standard of living is the competence of the office holder.

Igbo man is tribal in his outlook but has never stopped to think that when Igbo elites are in position of power it doesn't affect his life, he forgets that when his people were in power nothing came to their region. $700m was allocated to 2nd river Niger bridge, the money dissapeared under their people's administration. It's when Buhari took over that they remmembered they are marginalised. They forget that they were in power for the last 6 years and it didn't affect their standard of living.

carry on with your myopia but dont bring yoruba man into your small mindedness. Of the 2 tribes, Igbos are the ones more prone to ethnic and religious sentiment.

11 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by KingRex1(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2016
Yh a Nigerian candidate may be a better option to reach a consensus, bt if they carry out a better study they shld find out that Naija aint an option. They all have better a well strutured nd stable economy, bt Naija is in peril.

This Barkindo guy may end up looting or tryna favor the Naija oil market.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Godfullsam(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Did anyone noticed Barkindo's phones grin? Two outdated phones, a Nokia and Sony Eriksson both old fashioned. He has since squandered all the money he loot while managing NNPC.... He is damned broke and desperately looking for a big @ OPEC LOL grin

I hope he will not go and dent our already battered image undecided
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by cardoctor(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Just another mugu.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2016
SIRRDIQ:
Your president Buhari is the minister of petroleum.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by bigtt76(f): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2016
The man is a chopper! tongue
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by SIRRDIQ(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2016
herbie27:
Your president Buhari is the minister of petroleum.
Kai Mall. do u want to kill OPEC Just like he did to NNPC
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by mbhs139(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2016
theV0ice:

Thank God you didn't argue that you lied with the information you passed across. Ibe Kachikwu as a serving minister CANNOT be nominated as OPEC SEC GEN even if he was Buhari's son!!!

On the charge of Nepotism, you might be right. So when you see him to demand why, pls include Gaius Obaseki and Funsho Kupolokun in the list. They too should qualify.

Didn't you guys read where it was written that the Barkindo of a guy was once an acting SEC GEN of OPEC?

Talking of experience in OPEC, do these other people you're brandishing qualify more than the nominee? Sentiments apart, are we really interested in efficiency or who occupies the position, because, for me, it makes no difference. The gain is to them and their families.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by theV0ice: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2016
mbhs139:

Didn't you guys read where it was written that the Barkindo of a guy was once an acting SEC GEN of OPEC?

Talking of experience in OPEC, do these other people you're brandishing qualify more than the nominee? Sentiments apart, are we really interested in efficiency or who occupies the position, because, for me, it makes no difference. The gain is to them and their families.

sshhhhh......cool down angry man. I'm not the guy complaining. Understand my post before you brandish your sword angry

He could even nominate you if he wants wink
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by lonelydora: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2016
Barkindo no really try for NNPC ooooo. But anyways congrats to him I'm advance.
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Rexnegro(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Buhari Nepotistic tendency taken to international level.

.....and they claim this is not corruption!

Rilwan Lukman was a serving minister when he was appointed Sec Gen Opec in 1989 or so. Diezani was serving minister when she got OPEC presidency in 2014.
So what is wrong with Ibe Kachukwu being nominated for this Job today?
The answer is simple...cos he belong to the Buhari's 5% tribe.....
that's The prob with some Nigerians, they love doing The same tin The same old way weda it wrong or not...must kachukwu also Be opec president? na people like You go still blame pmb for appointing kachukwu as opec presido if there's fuel ish in future saying him never face nigeria finish na opec him Add join....people just tink to head too strong big offices dey easy like that....beside guy correct urside kachukwu is from delta state And Not 5%...

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by lonelydora: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Joseph Dauwa
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by Rexnegro(m): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Barkindo no really try for NNPC ooooo. But anyways congrats to him I'm advance.
nomination says The op....when they get to opec then if picked even You can then say congrat
Re: Mohammed Barkindo Nominated For OPEC Secretary-General By FG by ChappyChase: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2016
SIRRDIQ:
Sir no vex I been think say bubu be our minister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Olisa Agbakoba Applauds President Tinubu On Floating The Naira And Subsidy / Enugu APC Chairman Tries To Run Away After Failing To Pay Rally Attendees(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.