Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,454 members, 7,864,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola (19464 Views)

FG To Increase Power Generation To 20,000 MW – Minister / Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by danbrowndmf(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
baddooooooo. Eyan mayweather. Kilon happen? Kilonso nigboro?
baba I pin like stepler o. How levels for that way na?
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by ceejay80s(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pavore9:
17 years on with billion of dollars expended, we are still battling with blackouts!
Like cancer
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by ceejay80s(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Why not this year or next year, why next 3yrs ? Election time abi, so we go vote for una again abi ?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Chivasex: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Another failure here. It really baffles me how we do not learn in this country, how its so impossible for people to reject positions just because they can steal money.

Just a few years ago, I mean during obansanjo's administration, the criminals removed Bola Ige, a renowned lawyer (SAN) from been the minister of justice to become the mister of mines and power.
After months of failed promises he came out to cry that generator sellers could not allow him deliver on his promises of constant power supply to Nigeria. And we all know what happened afterwards, he died on the job.
Summery of the story, a square peg in a round hole. Come to think of it, what does the lawyer know about the technicalities of power generation cum supply?

Fast forward to today same mistake, just because buhari has to compensate the people that brought him to power, he gave same portfolio to Fashola a lawyer and what is Nigeria experiencing now? constant decline in power supply.
Any he will not come out clean to say its not my area of expertise as he has seen he can award contracts of billions of Nairas, all he does not is keep making promising as if they (APC) are still campaigning.

Thanks the sham called APC and the self acclaimed integrity with zero integrity buhari

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by ceejay80s(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol.

When we said the fake superman meet batman shouldn't have taken the power sector's portfolio, some clowns thought we're hating on him. grin

This is his Vietnam, let's see how he'll use media and publicity to wriggle himself out of the bottomless pit, before he's thrown out of that ministry. undecided

Wetin concern batman vs superman for this topic ? Fear nairalanders with proverbs

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
danbrowndmf:
baba I pin like stepler o. How levels for that way na?
Bros, levels dey mountain up oooo. E no wan level at all. Hills everywhere. But baba God go julius Barger them insha Allah cheesy cheesy

You don finish your training?
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by danbrowndmf(m): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Bros, levels dey mountain up oooo. E no wan level at all. Hills everywhere. But baba God go julius Barger them insha Allah cheesy cheesy

You don finish your training?
God go always come through like xavi pass grin

I dy ph since one month there,done With ma training,issues. Come up there.something else is cooking sha.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by bedspread: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
THIS MAN JUST SHARAPPPPPPPPPPPPP! AND WORK

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
danbrowndmf:
God go always come through like xavi pass grin

I dy ph since one month there,done With ma training,issues. Come up there.something else is cooking sha.
oya serve me for plate as e dey hot. What's cooking? cheesy
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Vision4God: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hehe.... action should speak louder than the mouth.
Promises upon promises

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by hohafrank(m): 1:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
I can't even see the sign that in three years time you can take us to where Jonathan left us let alone generating 10,000 MW.You people are just dreaming.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by nortcentrallord(m): 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
You voted for change and change you will get.

Billie Jean King a renowned female tennis player who fought for equal pay at the U.S made this statement yesterday on amanpour, she stated that [/b]"change is slow and painful" [b] so I advise that we exercise patience and pray for our country instead of constant curse.

In my thoughts I always wonder why mr GEJ is so quiet and I concluded that he might be regretting all his actions and the situation he left Nigeria aided by the sycophants he surrounded himself.

Also the last meeting he had with Burahi he give out names of his formal aids. Looking at the circumstances, after the meeting the next day efcc and dss began arresting same.

Finally, we are our problem in this country, but we are so quick to blame the government. Some examples
1. People throw dirty on the road then blame government why can't they pay lawma a mechanism government put in place to eradicate waste.
2. a man channelled his fish pond waste water to the main road at nkpolu in port harcourt. His act spoilt the road completely with no remorse until people traced the water on early morning to his house. He started begging till I left ph the road was very bad yet people blamed the government.
3. Trucks carry overload goods and spoil our road or fall on other cars and all we do is blame government. What about the greedy driver and his boss? Etc.

Finally,

1) we need our value system back in place. So people know what is bad is bad vis a vis.
2) reduce to the minimum religious and tribal sentiment in every area of our lives.
3) have hope in our country and challenge the government intelligently. Also pray for the country all the time. American say in God they trust, they are not fools.
4) when politicians see the change in us (as a people) they will sit up and govern well.
5) elect into power or governance capable hands.
6) fight sabotage in our system. E.g. Fuel, light, corrupt etc. A market woman selling vegetables, what is her business with dollars? In her life I don't think she has seen dollar or used same. People using dollars to trade are the only ones to feel the impact but here in Nigeria everybody wants to exploit any situation to make money. A few make billions from sabotage because Nigerians are gullible and forgetful.

My take on a complex country called Nigeria.

Even @ this eleventh hour you are still blaming GEJ. Lol! I would 'v said you wrote a nice piece but it's clear your are ignorant of Nigerian history.

Only the wise understand the quietness of GEJ. Leadership was very easy for this administration while they were opposition but the moment they wore the crown, they and their supporters which may include u got uneasy. Rather than face the challenge which they so easily proffered solutions to before now, this government and their praise chanters keep apportioning blames to the past administration as if GEJ's administration was the 1st this country had since independence. God has a way of vindicating people. Nelson Mandela met a worse S.A compared to the State Nigeria is now yet he fashioned a road map that brought S.A the where they are today. I see no comparison between buhari and Nelson Mandela ( a man rated above other men) wisdom is truly profitable.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by mikolo80: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
Owode1:

Who are the 'we' here?
Speak for yourself please. How can I be behind him with all the recent sufferings they've been dishing out to millions of Nigerians?
we
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by rhektor(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lying liars, willing wailers, crying criers come and see another foolish promise again ;DLying liars, willing wailers, crying criers come and see another foolish promise again

I dey joke nio before dem go begin dey quote me
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by vikeyz(m): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
When
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Cavenchy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
winkmart:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has given an assurance that the 10,000 megawatts of electricity in three years promised by President Muhammadu Buhari earlier in the month will be actualised.
He added that the energy crisis facing the country would soon be a thing of the past, saying one of the country’s power plants located at Gbarain in Bayelsa State, which was close to completion, was fired the previous night for pre-commissioning tests.

Speaking at the resolution of a three-year dispute between Enugu Electricity Distribution Company and Aba Power Limited, which had stalled the completion of a 141MW power project for the area, the minister said the resolution and the recovery of four turbines that were down would ensure that the power challenge facing the country could be overcome.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the Minister on Communications, Hakeem Bello, on Friday quoted the Minister as saying apart from showing that distribution companies could work together, the development would also be of great benefit to traders in the area and boost ‘Made in Nigeria’ goods, which the area is known for.

He said, “We had some outages on our turbines in Jebba but l am happy to inform you that three of the four have been put back into operation and that there is again stability in the system. The power coming into the country is not enough and how do you share what is not enough, it is not possible, so what we need to do is generate more power.

“The 200 megawatts coming from Aba is very important and it is good news for the market.
“The first turbine is
on and is being synchronised and that is what we are saying and with incremental power we will achieve the target set by Mr. President in his speech last week.”
While thanking former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Mr. Adetokunbo Kayode, Prof. Bart Nnaji, among others, for the roles they played in making the resolution possible, the minister said time had come for everyone to work together for the betterment of the power sector.

http://www.punchng.com/well-deliver-10000-mw-target-fashola-says/

Jebba has 6 turbine units not 4.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by rhektor(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
winkmart:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has given an assurance that the 10,000 megawatts of electricity in three years promised by President Muhammadu Buhari earlier in the month will be actualised.
He added that the energy crisis facing the country would soon be a thing of the past, saying one of the country’s power plants located at Gbarain in Bayelsa State, which was close to completion, was fired the previous night for pre-commissioning tests.

Speaking at the resolution of a three-year dispute between Enugu Electricity Distribution Company and Aba Power Limited, which had stalled the completion of a 141MW power project for the area, the minister said the resolution and the recovery of four turbines that were down would ensure that the power challenge facing the country could be overcome.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the Minister on Communications, Hakeem Bello, on Friday quoted the Minister as saying apart from showing that distribution companies could work together, the development would also be of great benefit to traders in the area and boost ‘Made in Nigeria’ goods, which the area is known for.

He said, “We had some outages on our turbines in Jebba but l am happy to inform you that three of the four have been put back into operation and that there is again stability in the system. The power coming into the country is not enough and how do you share what is not enough, it is not possible, so what we need to do is generate more power.

“The 200 megawatts coming from Aba is very important and it is good news for the market.
“The first turbine is
on and is being synchronised and that is what we are saying and with incremental power we will achieve the target set by Mr. President in his speech last week.”
While thanking former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Mr. Adetokunbo Kayode, Prof. Bart Nnaji, among others, for the roles they played in making the resolution possible, the minister said time had come for everyone to work together for the betterment of the power sector.

http://www.punchng.com/well-deliver-10000-mw-target-fashola-says/

Deal with the zero megawatts u've bn distributing first
Minister of darkness
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Dakad: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
We are waiting. Hope the song won't change come 2019. APC with their unrealistic promise. While can't they promise consistent 5000MW and surprise us with 7500MW. I Hope Fashola will not blame vandals come 2019. I have been buying fuel for 150 in PH for the past 2months and we are still not sure when normalcy will return. FG should solve this fuel crisis palaver before promising us heaven and earth.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by lordruther(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
mouth too much,on Wednesday u have 0MW first of his kind.pls any things APC want to do let them do it before testimony
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Jokkarm: 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Please fashola , could you bring back 4000mw GEJ left Befire you guys tumbled it down to zeromw when it was 4,000MW I was ironing my clothes to work but now I can not even boast of cold water .
Kindly give us 4,000mw , we dnt want to jump up for what is seen as fiction.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by luvmijeje(f): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
I just finished watching Fashola dissecting and explaining the power sector on YouTube.

The way he dissect the sector in a layman's language is impressive. The confidence he exuded is impressive . The way he views challenges as opportunities is illuminating. The way he explained the privatisation of PHCN is educative.

I can bet with everything I have that he will deliver more than 10,000MW.

The other Ministers should learn from him.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by danbrowndmf(m): 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
oya serve me for plate as e dey hot. What's cooking? cheesy
i dy wait for baba God to pick up soon.
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
danbrowndmf:
i dy wait for baba God to pick up soon.
no worry Bros. He go soon pick. Just don't stop dialling
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by danbrowndmf(m): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
no worry Bros. He go soon pick. Just don't stop dialling
yes bro. How hustle for that way na?
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
danbrowndmf:
yes bro. How hustle for that way na?
we dey hustle tight ooooo. God dey win
Re: We’ll Deliver 10,000 MW Target - Fashola by danbrowndmf(m): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
we dey hustle tight ooooo. God dey win
very soon we go reach there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youth Besiege Abuja, Block Roads Celebrating Buhari’s Victory / LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces / EndSARS Assault; LNSA Sanction Officers Who Assaulted Adedotun Clement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.